tiny_tove

forgot to mention:
THE RITA: THE NYLONS OF LAURA ANTONELLI
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Strömkarlen

Been awhile since I listen to it but Great Death was a great box from BDN.

blackoperations

DOMINATOR 'Maximum Pleasures - The Dominator Collection'
http://www.discogs.com/Dominator-Maximum-Pleasures-The-Dominator-Collection/release/540340

contains 3 x CD (standard copies of their 3 albums), shirt, badge, numbered certificate thing. ltd 50.

it was only GBP 20.00 inc. postage brand new when it was released (2001).

as discussed before, not exactly my favourite band, far from it, but this was certainly a smart release i was happy to own.

Henrik III

Many of my favourite noise boxes are already mentioned (G*Park, Merzbox, Incapacitants, TNB, Parmegiani, Bayle etc.). Here are some other greats that come to my mind:

V/A "Electronic Panorama" 4LP - perhaps the ultimate EA V/A with founders, superstars and even some obscurities. And top notch presentation, hail Philips!
V/A "Revue OU" 4CD/6LP - same words (and some more) for sound poetry.
V/A "Source Records" 3CD - many historically groundbreaking (and some very noisy) recordings here.
Albert Ayler "Holy Ghost" 10CD - Ayler panorama with wide range of material, some incredible, some less so but pretty much all relevant. Really beautiful book and some other miscellanea.
Toru Takemitsu "Film Music by Toru Takemitsu" 7CD - can't read the liner notes but the music speaks more than enough. Some really sublime moments there. Was there a complete Takemitsu soundtrack set with a couple of dozen discs?
Tangerine Dream "The Bootleg Box Set Vol 1" 7CD - rather rough live recordings from last bearable years of the Tangs. Great airy heaviness in some of the recordings.

From more rock'n'roll side This Heat, Can "Lost Tapes" and BBC Grind Madness are all top stuff.  

The discussed VoD stuff can be rather iffy. I have bothered to get just a few of them, John Duncan and Etant Donnes sets are awesome.

Edit: Pain Jerk "Cacophony of a Thousand Pleasures", perhaps the best noise single multi-release?

andy vomit

BIZARRE UPROAR - Liha-Evankeliumi 3CD (first pressing with the pseudo-leather case) has always been one of my favorites, just for presentation alone.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

tisbor

I'll also go for:

BLOD - Red Light Companion 3LP (the addition of a lovely parfumed pink letter is the cherry on top of the pile of shit. Great release.)
Incapacitants - Box Is Stupid (frankly i could not ask anything more than LOTS of Incapacitants)
C.C.C.C. - Early Works (Great material and really good booklet.)

and

Lasse Marhaug - Camelia Sinensis (really solid harsh noise, maybe my favorite from Lasse's work)
Vomir - Claustration (super epic noise + great shirt..)

THE RITA HN

I play my BROKEN FLAG lp box set often.  Even though it's some truncated forms of original releases, it's a nice go-to.
I love the format of the INCAPACITANTS 'Box is Stupid' set.
The Redstream 'Perversion At All Costs' set is still a favorite as well.

Cannot wait for the ULTRA box set if it's still in the works.

jadderly

Not sure if it was mentioned:

Controlled Bleeding: Gibbering Canker-Opera Slaves (Studies In Meditation And Evisceration) 5xCD

I also agree that the C.C.C.C. and Government Alpha boxes were well done.

I didn't know about the Small Cruel Party one, will put that on my wantlist along with the Le Syndicat tape box.

Some of the VOD boxes looked/look interesting but I never bought any of those because I wasn't buying vinyl again until a few months ago. Besides that they were/are quite expensive.

Most of the box sets I own are more along the lines of "rock" or jazz and such.

ANDROPHILIA

Vomir - Claustration

Mauthausen Orchestra - Gravitational Arch Of Sex
historical box from slaughter prod.
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

AWWFN

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on February 23, 2014, 01:21:40 AM

Vomir - Claustration

Mauthausen Orchestra - Gravitational Arch Of Sex
historical box from slaughter prod.
Had spoken about doing this on CD (maybe as two volumes) before Zoppo's death, shame it won't happen now.

bullfinch

In addition to those already mentioned, I'm a big fan of Various - Improvised Music from Japan 10xCD boxset
More experimental/varied than pure noise, lots of interesting and rather obscure artists in a lovely box.  Pity its rather rare and expensive now, although there are mp3 rips about.

jake

I can't believe no mention of the Kapotte Muziek 'Twenty Five' box out a few years ago. I love the simplicity of the packaging and the HOURS of material to discover. I wish there would have been j-cards for each of the tapes though.

urall

Well that was just a bunch of cd-r's in a plastic sleeve no ? quite minimal yes :D i still have to go through that one though.

Cranial Blast

Think Skincrime might just be the holy grail of all boxsets.

Balor/SS1535

Some of my favorites:
-Lille Roger---"Undead: 1984-87"
-Merzbow---"Merzbox"
-Merzbow---"Collection: 001-010"
-Axnaar/Bizarre Uproar/Xenophobic Ejaculation/Roases---"Filth, Rubber, Hatred and Abuse: United Kingdom 2016"
-Atrax Morgue---"From Degeneration to Degeneration"