Dawn of the Dead LP [AM-76] information needed

Started by kwk, April 15, 2014, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwk

this is not an auction, I just need some information

I recently bought a copy of Dawn of the Dead's one sided LP (AM-76) on American Tapes. This was most probably released in 1999 in a small amount of copies.

It is a classic handsprayed/collaged one sided LP into a big recycled laserdisc box. The problem is that in my copy there is a big hole in the back, like one tried to melt the plastic, which have affected the "playable" LP side.

My question is whether this could be intentional or a destroyed copy. Of course the LP skips in the melted plastic stains.

thanks in advance

kwk

kwk

It's like it was hitted by Thor's Big Flaming Hammer at this exact place seen on the photo, which affected the vinyl in that specific spot only.

No other "heat" points. My problem is that I don't have the mp3 of the release, or at least a tape of it, so it's like not having it at all

they told me that if I try to clean the LP it will be completely destroyed. So if you, or anyone, have an mp3 version of the release (which is this one ~ http://www.discogs.com/Wolf-Eyes-Dawn-Of-The-Dead/release/3526885) will be really much appreciated

kwk

When I created this thread in the morning, I sent the link at the same moment to John Olson, so he could tell me his opinion too

he now sent me to write his reply to this thread

These are John Olson's exact words
"The Dawn of the Dead lp was a re-edition of an early Destijl "Scare Supply" LP: When the lp was first pressed they very slightly made the center hole off center so there was a faint warble that actually sounded killer. Clint sent me the 100 press and when they recut it for some they excluded a song from both sides. So the press was split into two edition of 50, and DOTD was one. A drill was used for the bolt on the big plastic case to hold the record in. The picture here is from what looks like a solder gun, which had nothing what so ever to do with the edition process. The records were/ are 100% playable with unique one time material. The blame that I was "not very careful, burned and said whatever" says more about the lame dork who wrote it then any actual effort to find the real issue and is just as usual DEAD WRONG. These were never for sale the 15 years ago they were created WITH LOVE & used to trade for golden era underground releases around the 98' time. The DOTD lp went thru a lot of hands and the wax was haggard in spots but intended to be PLAYABLE, not a f'in solder hole thru the entire thing. Any person that has an unplayable issue that has dealt with me PERSONALLY has been dealt with IMMEDIATELY & WITH RESPECT: This here is NOT THE CASE:PEOPLE PLEASE: CHECK YOURSELF."

P-K

playable record is unplayable, customer asks information, guy who released it butthurt. nice.

Cementimental

yeah that doesn't read as 'butthurt' at all tho, he's just justifiably annoyed that someone sold a damaged copy of his release with false information

P-K

that also...but i can understand Algiz comment considering the general shabby quality of glued & spraypainted playable objects lol

Cementimental

well yeah it's sometimes hard to tell with these things for sure :D