Listening to noise through speakers at home

Started by accidental, August 02, 2016, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human Larvae

I luckily have never had any complaints from neighbours, no matter how long or loud I play noise or record. That being said, I do kinda watch that it doesn't get toooo loud. But I can blast noise in the middle of the night and nobody ever rang or called the police. Walls are thin mind you

Ernpe

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on August 03, 2016, 03:59:36 AM
Usually listen with speakers rather than headphones anyway. I keep the volume down to a respectable level. I don't want to be the cunt that bothers other people with unwanted noise. It's bad enough there are fuckwits who insist on foisting their appalling taste in music on everyone else in earshot, whether it's neighbours turning up their miserable doof or brainless kids on public transport turning up their miserable - I don't know what you call it now, hip-hop? R&B? Urban? That kind of shite, anyway.
Seconded.

I like sound of speakers more, the room sound instead of something being thrown straight into my ears. Yet I don't need to hear everything extra loud. I live on loud street and believe that during daytime and summertime, a window kept open gives more noise to my neighbours than noise I listen to. At least I myself have often close windows while listening music due unwanted street sounds, eh. Evening time, I tend to listen music that works well even on low level or use headphones - hardly ever feel like buzzing Incapacitants 11 pm though.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

david lloyd jones

speakers rule over headphones.
speakers  send to the whole room/body/locality.
I love it when my sofa vibrates with sound.
yes I am the cunt next door. likely some of my neighbours don't like, but equally as adults, don't tell me, so fuck them.

Zeno Marx

I've never cared for headphone listening.  I'll do it, but it is a last resort or for a special need.  I'd rather drop the volume than sport a pair of cans.  Surveying the situation, asking neighbors or whonot when they're home, etc has always served me well.  Communication and courtesy...basic tools.  They work.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Bleak Existence

used to live in a house so it was alway at full volume my ex jcm 900 and my crate kx 160 whatever it was for making music or noise then moved there come the problem i was not adapted at those condition so i keep doing the same shit with my synth amp when i was doing noise or when i was listening to music result police came couple of time verbal fight and near physical with the other who lived in the same 4 apt block 2 different people moved because of me who lived over me so then i sold my big amp i use now medium speaker when i make or listen to noise and i try to not put the volume loud at my new place but there will alway be someone who piss you off or you piss them off because of noise i know what i talk about apt live is total shit only way to live is in a house in the fucking country period

burdizzo

Well, that's what I do. Thank God!
Mind you, the missus isn't too partial to the old p.e., but that's another story!

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: Bleak Existence on August 13, 2016, 02:16:41 AM
used to live in a house so it was alway at full volume my ex jcm 900 and my crate kx 160 whatever it was for making music or noise then moved there come the problem i was not adapted at those condition so i keep doing the same shit with my synth amp when i was doing noise or when i was listening to music result police came couple of time verbal fight and near physical with the other who lived in the same 4 apt block 2 different people moved because of me who lived over me so then i sold my big amp i use now medium speaker when i make or listen to noise and i try to not put the volume loud at my new place but there will alway be someone who piss you off or you piss them off because of noise i know what i talk about apt live is total shit only way to live is in a house in the fucking country period

Where do you live? I'm asking because I can't believe a landlord would let a tenant stay who caused OTHER tenants to leave with their noise. Usually the offender gets evicted....having said that, if I was your neighbor, I'd probably knock on your door to see if I could come listen to you record haha..

Where I live currently, if you get 3 'disturbing the peace' tickets, the city can actually seize your property (if you're a homeowner) and will evict you, if you're a renter you will be evicted. If you have even one fucking eviction on your record, NO ONE will rent to you or will allow to you sign a lease for the most part (rare exceptions of course) meaning if you ever want to rent an apartment or anything else for that matter ever again, you are fucked.

Bleak Existence

i now live in trois-rivieres,qc canada i move in another apt sooner or later same city i think...

Marko-V

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on August 03, 2016, 04:45:54 PM
I might be a misanthrope but I'm not a cunt.
That would make a great t-shirt slogan.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Marko-V on August 17, 2016, 08:54:18 PM
Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on August 03, 2016, 04:45:54 PM
I might be a misanthrope but I'm not a cunt.
That would make a great t-shirt slogan.
print it up then.
as said before, I am that count.
abuse your neighbours, come to an arrangement with your neighbours,  but don't kow tow to them.