Mutant Ape - Black Dog'T North TAPE out now on Obscurex!

Started by Niko, July 05, 2010, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

Mutant Ape - Black Dog't North is an 40 minute concept album, based around mystical folklore about ghost hound Skriker, which used to haunt in northern England centuries ago.
Side A of the tape is in the vein of more traditional Mutant Ape Noise while Side B shows the more experimental side of Mutant Ape.

Sample from the A side: http://www.obscurex.org/mutantsample.mp3
Sample from the B side: http://www.obscurex.org/mutantsample2.mp3

Professionally Duplicated tapes with bodyprints limited to 150.
5 Euros + Shipping.
Orders and trades to: niko@obscurex.org
www.obscurex.org
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: NIKOZ on July 05, 2010, 01:26:10 PM

This time less wall and more structured songs.

Great to know that the sound style of the last shows are become real. Mutant Ape future releases will be very killer.

Niko

Niko

First post updated with more info and another sample.

Niko

Short review at Vital Weekly 740:

MUTANT APE - BLACK DOG'T NORTH
In previous centuries the North of England was haunted by a ghost hound named Skriker, which inspired Mutant Ape to do a concept album about. The a-side of this tape shows the classic Mutant Ape sound as a noise band. Three lengthy slabs of harsh power noise, which somehow I always find better on tape than on CD - I have no idea why this is, other than perhaps it sounds so retro. Its however the b-side that is much more interesting. Here we find Mutant Ape in a more 'contemplative' mood, if such a word exists for a noise band. They don't tone down but everything is a bit milder and here we have more the impression of a ghost hound being haunted through the woods. The soundtrack of the search for a ghost, outside, with the rattling of chains, and the hound escaping. More a menace than the noise onslaught on the other side, me thinks. Quite a nice tape altogether. (FdW)

Nil By Mouth

Got my copy some days ago. Very solid release. Well constructed songs and a strong harsh attitude