This release cannot be sold in the Discogs Marketplace

Started by fireblanket, August 22, 2013, 01:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

Carcass and Whitehouse are established and respected. Any newish band coming along calling itself RAPE is, of course, going to get more heat if and when it becomes noticed. It's not necessarily deliberately asking for trouble, but with a mainstream site like Discogs, there's always going to be the knockers.

"Pontix" has already stated he doesn't really give much of a shit (if I read his post right). Once his material is sold out, and there are those that still want it, there's not a lot of options. But a project like RAPE isn't going to want to be known outside of this immediate genre, so just look at the classified ads section here and if no joy, I don't know...get in touch with mates...just go without. What the fuck ever. We can't have everything.

Just don't worry about Discogs doing what it does to tiny little projects that have little actual meaning outside of their own scenes. If you're already in, you'll have other options.
Shikata ga nai.

Levas

It would be good to return to selling/promoting via local resources, but I doubt it's possible in the current time.
Also just a few thoughts. Is it the fact that if things are highly hyperbolized, then it gets "artistic", and it is not artistic if it's just observing sort of "natural happenings"? Like "I will rape you" compared to "I will drown my massive cock into your red bloody vulva until your eyes explode and you will thank me later, stupid bitch". Is this difference? Distorting reality? And reflecting reality is not art and becomes offensive? I am talking about music here now. movies for example have their ratings - R, N-16 etc. so maybe if you start rating your music "this is about not liking women. If you are under 35 and from Western Europe, there is a big chance you will be offended and won't get the idea". Also that thing about established acts. It seems that these big names are all highly artistic, sarcastic and you are stupid if you are offended by their stuff and those youngsters are doing their nonsense hating everything and being misogynist etc. Also I am curious what people are offended by mostly lately. Killings are everyday stuff, torture is fantasy, wars are already boring, religion is lower han sea level and everybody mocks it. So I'd say racism, equal rights, gays? oh and you shouldn't say bad things about jews too I guess? Albanians, Serbs etc. are ok, they didn't suffer that much. So these are my thoughts on the way to Tower Transmission.

Andrew McIntosh

Probably time for Fearless Leader to start a new thread with this, but anyway -

Quote from: Levas on September 25, 2014, 05:23:23 PM
It would be good to return to selling/promoting via local resources, but I doubt it's possible in the current time.

Why? The networks already exist. It would be nothing for people to set up their own forums, lists, etc.

Quote from: Levas on September 25, 2014, 05:23:23 PMIs it the fact that if things are highly hyperbolized, then it gets "artistic", and it is not artistic if it's just observing sort of "natural happenings"?

Gods, I hope so. I would dearly love a clear division between "art" and everything else.

Quote from: Levas on September 25, 2014, 05:23:23 PMIt seems that these big names are all highly artistic, sarcastic and you are stupid if you are offended by their stuff and those youngsters are doing their nonsense hating everything and being misogynist etc.

The law of the jungle, then. The older are more venerated, the younger have to prove themselves. Hardly anything new. 

Quote from: Levas on September 25, 2014, 05:23:23 PMAlso I am curious what people are offended by mostly lately. Killings are everyday stuff, torture is fantasy, wars are already boring, religion is lower han sea level and everybody mocks it. So I'd say racism, equal rights, gays? oh and you shouldn't say bad things about jews too I guess? Albanians, Serbs etc. are ok, they didn't suffer that much. So these are my thoughts on the way to Tower Transmission.

Animals. People love animals. Everyone looses their shit if animals are abused by humans.
Shikata ga nai.

Goat93

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on September 25, 2014, 12:45:26 PM
Carcass and Whitehouse are established and respected. Any newish band coming along calling itself RAPE is, of course, going to get more heat if and when it becomes noticed. I

Interesting Point. Whitehouse is So respected that William Benett wrote extra a Statement that he is not racist, Sexist Bla Bla bla some Time ago. After more than 20 Years of Whitehouse pops up a Niceley "Oh we're just Arty farty" Statement and all went well.

If any of these band would make Statements like that, they wouldn't have these Problems at all. Its the Logic of most Hypocrisy People here.

yosef666

Quote from: Brad on September 24, 2014, 01:17:08 AM
Quote from: yosef666 on September 23, 2014, 11:32:21 PM
Yes, RxAxPxE was added to their secret list of banned artists some time back.

Why?
This is the generic answer I've received after several inquiries regarding different artists banned from sale at Discogs. They refuse to eve give any more information:

"I apologize for the concern. Items that are blocked from sale can be blocked either due to a legal copyright request or at our discretion. Thank you for your understanding."

Quote from: Vega360 on September 25, 2014, 05:31:38 AM
Quote from: yosef666 on September 23, 2014, 11:32:21 PM
Quote from: Levas on September 23, 2014, 09:57:55 PM
Just noticed that Gnawed / RxAxPxE split also cannot be sold on discogs. These nazis are everywhere now..
Yes, RxAxPxE was added to their secret list of banned artists some time back.

It's funny, you can buy and sell as many Skrewdriver records as you want on Discogs, but no XE, Nicole 12, Clandestine Blaze or RxAxPxE.

A larger amount of people will buy Skrewdriver (as there albums despite their content contain more re-listen value due to their genre being basically just plain rock music) discs/lps at higher prices then noise music or black metal bands that aren't as well known and thus it is more money for discogs.
That does seem to be the case... it's only smaller bands getting banned from sale.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer