PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloated Slutbag

HALO - Gods Of Sound
If you like your HALO burnt to SHIT... and who doesn't? About as char-blackened a HALO as is likely to be had. Straight-ahead, crud be-sputtered, sludgetone, under which the occasional hurled vocalization emphatically blurts. Percussions are there too, somewhat muted by the overwhelming SHIT flavors. Or as Senior Klein puts it, "I wish the drums could have been louder, but I think this is the most ferocious bass tone we ever got." Emphatically agree with the latter, could go either way on the former. In burying the drums, that most HEAVY of SHITmospheres – the Sound Of Gods- descends from on Skye. Three tracks "Recorded in the basement of some guys in Philadelphia, on the eve of our 2003 US tour" but made available on Bandcamp June 7, 2014. "Gods Of Sound 2" is probably the most emphatically SHIT-smeared, but also the most propulsive, gaining momentum as the rhythm section hacks and scrabbles, with ever growing desperation, at the all-pervasive flatology. But it's only a matter of minutes before the science of Face-Planting The Listener In Massive Heaps Of Steaming SHIT returns in "Gods Of Sound 3". Open-ended hollows drag out for a good bit, acquiring in their due course the expected reams, of bludgered thud, of heaving howl- and then... just... fucking explode- emphatically, at about the nine-and-one-half-minute mark- in densely concentrated blurts of SHIT Almighty. A bit of grey-shizzled sizzle to whizz things out, end.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

cantle

A small parcel from Tesco arrived this morning so I've been listening to:

The Grey Wolves- Judgement. Good but not a classic of theirs imo. Will take a few more listens to get into it.

Genocide Organ- Obituary of the Americas. Brutal heavy stuff, one listen in and it is my favourite of theirs.

andy vomit

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on February 15, 2016, 09:12:08 AM
HALO - Gods Of Sound
If you like your HALO burnt to SHIT... and who doesn't? About as char-blackened a HALO as is likely to be had. Straight-ahead, crud be-sputtered, sludgetone, under which the occasional hurled vocalization emphatically blurts. Percussions are there too, somewhat muted by the overwhelming SHIT flavors. Or as Senior Klein puts it, "I wish the drums could have been louder, but I think this is the most ferocious bass tone we ever got." Emphatically agree with the latter, could go either way on the former. In burying the drums, that most HEAVY of SHITmospheres – the Sound Of Gods- descends from on Skye. Three tracks "Recorded in the basement of some guys in Philadelphia, on the eve of our 2003 US tour" but made available on Bandcamp June 7, 2014. "Gods Of Sound 2" is probably the most emphatically SHIT-smeared, but also the most propulsive, gaining momentum as the rhythm section hacks and scrabbles, with ever growing desperation, at the all-pervasive flatology. But it's only a matter of minutes before the science of Face-Planting The Listener In Massive Heaps Of Steaming SHIT returns in "Gods Of Sound 3". Open-ended hollows drag out for a good bit, acquiring in their due course the expected reams, of bludgered thud, of heaving howl- and then... just... fucking explode- emphatically, at about the nine-and-one-half-minute mark- in densely concentrated blurts of SHIT Almighty. A bit of grey-shizzled sizzle to whizz things out, end.

i absolutely adore this band and wasn't aware that these recordings existed...  purchased.  thank you for the recommendation.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

martialgodmask

Quote from: andy vomit on February 15, 2016, 08:30:24 PM
Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on February 15, 2016, 09:12:08 AM
HALO - Gods Of Sound

i absolutely adore this band and wasn't aware that these recordings existed...  purchased.  thank you for the recommendation.

Same here, didn't even know about this!

Bob

Oakeater / Yellow Swans split lp
One long noisy side by yellow swans and a bunch from oakeater. I prefer the oakeater side rough and a bit noisy dark ambient but also with something close to song structure and musical parts.

Rapoon - Dark Zero
Listened to this last night with candles watching some videos about Mars and lost ancient civiliations which I think helped appreciate this work alot. Some typical or trademark sounds sampled choirs and evangelists with primative and tribal sounds a very ambient and spooky atmosphere.

Andrew McIntosh

Only just got the "Purulent Sublimity" by Scatmother cd today (thanks Mr Vomitgore) but on just the second listen I'm quite getting into this. Simple enough stuff, not a lot of changes in each track, but good, powerful sounds and aggressive vocals screaming and bellowing pleasant, cheerful lyrics that really make me feel good about humanity and the world. Bit hard to read them on the inside of the cover, though.
Shikata ga nai.

Ashmonger

Abjection Ritual - Futility Rites (CD, Malignant Records): First album of this rather new US Death Industrial album. Pretty good, but I feel like it misses something extra to make a more lasting impact.

Plantation - They Saw It Gleaming There...
Plantation - Demonizing Propaganda

Of Blood And Oak/Plantation - Urban War/An Oak Branch Is Proffered... Then Cast Down
(3 tapes, Vanguard Productions):
Of Blood And Oak is more on the atmospheric lo-fi noise side of things, not bad, but not very good either. Plantation is rather standard PE, but pretty good, with quite hateful vocals. It's described by Vanguard Productions as Radical & Racist PE and that's certainly right. There's quite some sympathy for the KKK, samples of speech about race, police violence on blacks and a song that goes along the lines of 'run nigger run'... I guess for this alone some people over here might appreciate it, hehe.

Stadingers - Deadly Silent Impulse (CD, Death Continues Records): Took me a couple of listens to get into it, since when you don't pay attention it goes by a bit unnoticed. However, when paying more attention what I hear is gloomy, minimalistic Death Industrial and it's actually pretty nice.

Gnawed - Death Certain (C32, Maniacal Hatred): Rhythmic Death Industrial with cool processed vocals. Maybe not his best work (I think that's gotta be Feign & Cloak), but if you like Gnawed, this is recommended.

Of  Earth And Sun - A Consuming Fire (C60, Maniacal Hatred): Same style as the album, very good again.

Gnawed - Terminal Epoch (CD, Phage Tapes): Maybe not as good as Feign & Cloak, but this first album is very good too. Gnawed is becoming one of my favourite US PE/Death Industrial acts lately.

Nurture Abuse - Death Camp Starter Kit (C20, Danvers State Recordings): Rather standard PE, not bad at all, not very memorable either...

The Vomit Arsonist - Bridgewater (C40, Danvers State Recordings): Double A side. Tape seems dubbed very silently. But that's the only downside. Starts with slow beats, then goes into the painful/melancholic/... synth + vocals style that's very recognizable and which is, in my view, what he does best. Always manages to pull me into a world of dread I don't want to leave. Then goes into darker PE territory with a cool rythmic throb. Oh, yeah, and the end of the tape is hilarious, not something I expected, hehe.

Johann

Harry Bertoia Somambient - 11 cd boxset on important records - a must for anyone interested in experimental sound and drone, came in the mail today and am on disc 2 currently. Beautiful compositions made from sound suculptures, gongs and magnetic tape.

I first got to experience one of his sound sculptures in person while viewing a private collection last year, my girlfriend got to play it first hand. Beautiful. Do not pass this up.

jadderly

Quote from: Johann on February 26, 2016, 12:24:14 AM
Harry Bertoia Somambient - 11 cd boxset on important records - a must for anyone interested in experimental sound and drone, came in the mail today and am on disc 2 currently. Beautiful compositions made from sound suculptures, gongs and magnetic tape.

I first got to experience one of his sound sculptures in person while viewing a private collection last year, my girlfriend got to play it first hand. Beautiful. Do not pass this up.

I want this one badly, but it's going to have to wait. I have a Japanese CD from several years ago that has just two of the LPs so I can only imagine how great the rest of the box is.

Johann

Productive day today:

Krube 7" from IDDB out of Sweden. I love the label aesthetic of simple white sleeve with a postcard glued to one side. My first time hearing this project from Germany ( I believe it's the fragment factory head hancho). Nice organic noise, sounds like well recorded everyday field recordings cut up and put into new context. Some compositional elements as well, no idea what's going on, sounded like marbles finding their way down an empty toliet into the sewer system and some sounds that could be animals or people, each side is very short so easy back to back listening revealing new sounds each time.

Dieter Rot & Richard Hamilton 'Canciones De Cadaques' double 7" (2015 re on Primary Information?).  Recordings of near talentless acoustic guitar scramble with yelps and bizarre vocalisims. First 7" credits Hamiliton and Roth on guitars and Richard's dog Chipas Luis as the vocalist. Side A has some feet stomping and general good vibes, jeering and excitement. While side B has some true scramble, guitar slaps and egging on of the dog while he pants exhaustingly until the guitar crashes to earth. The second 7" credits both men as vocalist and guitarist. Side C Sounds like someone picking anxiously at their guitar waiting for band practice to start while someone does vocal impressions of the zoo, until suddenly without warning the man starts barking aggressively and the guitar is attacked with scrambled fingers, sounds of a mentally challenged Django Reinhardt. Guitar becomes single plucks as the vocalist descends into some primal madness. Side D is more of the searching for a rhythm no one is in tune to while a man coos autisticly and makes apeish bird chirps, the closet thing to a song structure happens in the last half of side two but is derailed by the vocal assault. Finally the climatic finale of guitar slap and scramble, while mindless banter and yelps erupt before collapsing into a fit of coughing and incoherent mumbling chants. Solid 7" but probably not for everyone, I imagine some would find it quite annoying.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: jadderly on February 27, 2016, 04:42:32 AM

I want this one badly, but it's going to have to wait. I have a Japanese CD from several years ago that has just two of the LPs so I can only imagine how great the rest of the box is.
I should see if I still have an old RRR catalog where he was trying to give away Bertoia LPs for $5/ and scan it for fun.  It's about time he was given proper attention and praise.  Not crazy about his lawn furniture, though.  Doesn't look very comfortable.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: jadderly on February 27, 2016, 04:42:32 AM

I want this one badly, but it's going to have to wait.

I was rather pleased with myself the other day for having successfully refrained from clicking the "purchase" button. I realize that by willfully participating in this thread I am deliberately tempting fate. No sense in questioning the inevitable.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Johann

H. Söderström '2X4 pieces for electronics' (self released? 2015) I've been curious about this name since I saw it on an RTB 7" a few years back but finally just got around to checking it out. Picked this up direct, crude burnt up electronics. Real nice variation of sounds, first listen made my heart skip, very long time since something excited me like that. There might be field recordings in this, but I can't tell if it's just the electronics dancing around my head creating ghost sounds. Remains playful but composed. A rewarding listen. Saw he also put out a tape on Posh last year and a new LP on Järtecknet in 2016. High recommendation.

FreakAnimalFinland

LINEKRAFT "Delusional Disorder" CD
Impulsy Stetoskopu
Perhaps name describes this type of industrial noise the best? As a 40 minute album, it managed to escape any actual "album form". More like tracks are the industrial noise waste thrown together - not to create industrial songs - but as said: Industrial Noise.
It doesn't have so much in common with japanese tradition of harsh noise, but also it hardly goes into industrial side like Grim, S*Core, etc..  Somewhere between, full of disorder, full of rotten distortions, yet also physical hammering of beats and crashing junk noises.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ConcreteMascara

Pig Heart Transplant - For Mass Consumption MP3 - still don't know how I feel about this album. a lot of it is really strong, but when the best parts kick in I wish those parts weren't so damn short. it's like instead of the sludge vibes of the first PHT album, there are grindcore/PV overtones instead. even if the sound it's self is more strictly power electronics. it's a weird but good mix that's for sure.

Pig Heart Transplant - Hope You Enjoy Heaven CD - still the best. the 2nd half in all it's ultra-creeped out wonder is just unbeatable. Feeding From Your Trough / Population is an anthem for these times...

Vapaudenristi - 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 Demo Cassettes - happy these were re-released. great stuff to hold me over until I get my hands on the new album. and good music to move and re-organize my cassette collection to.

BLACKONBLACKCRIME - Xenophilia Cassette - totally fucked up noisy sludge with heavily effected vocals. nothing mind-blowing but a welcome dose of bizarre filth.

Scatmother - Purulent Sublimity CD - of all the newer artists on F&V this has to be my favorite. no bullshit, no polish, just rage. inspiring in it's single-mindedness!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512