What happened to As Loud As Possible?

Started by metalpunk, October 24, 2014, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalpunk

Is it the end?
There was huge delay with issue#2 and it's still not printed.
The web page is down.
They didn't answer to mails or messages via facebook.

It will be so sad, I was really looking for more issues..

Anybody knows what's going on?

SiClark

I was thinking the same recently, hope the second issue comes at some point. Haven't heard any news in a long time.

Andrew McIntosh

Never saw this as the kind of project that was definite. The first issue was ages promised before it was delivered. Certainly a second issue would be nice but this is the Noise world, you don't start expecting things unless you've been ripped off by a pre-order type bullshit.

I'll be betting there's nearly a full magazine's worth of layout just waiting to be collated and printed, it's just a matter of the editors' getting their lives out of the way long enough to finish it. And I'll be betting they're looking at that pile thinking "we really ought to get that finished".
Shikata ga nai.

Duncan

Don't forget the magazine itself states that they will only put out further issues as and when content is sufficient and worth it.  Don't think it was ever meant to be a regular thing...I've heard bits and pieces regarding a second issue and I think it'll happen one day, but yeah, a big workload and personal life stuff will hold it up. 

metalpunk

That's all quite simple and for sure could be true. But they didn't answer to messages, offers and so on. Also web page isn't working. So I just curious is there sense to wait for answer or should I just leave it.

FreakAnimalFinland

I assume it is same situation as before. Massive project that gets announced too early. What I know is, that it will be BIGGER and BETTER than #1, so......  patience.
Lets wait for timeless pile of information. 1 month more, 1 year more, 3 years more... Not in hurry..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

MT

After waiting Mysticum's Planet Satan for 10 years, I wouldn't get so hesitated. Things will eventually come out, or not. Heh!

CMSFoundation

Pretty much as Mikko said. Loads of articles and reviews in half-finished states, but pushing them for more detail, longer stories, more through-written stuff (i.e. not just interview transcripts) and more historical research means lots more time and work and follow-up interviews and so forth. It was about three and a half years from the start of issue 1 to its final printing. It's been 4 years since then. I would love for it to be quicker, but I can't imagine how that would happen. We're still on the assignment, though.

Thanks, of course, to everybody here who is still interested and excited!

metalpunk

That's great! Thanks for making this clear. I'm not in hurry at all and will wait patiently as much as it will be necessary. I just wanted to know that it's still alive. Looking forward for the #2. And please check your PM.