NOISE WAR

Started by audiodissection, August 20, 2013, 12:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiodissection

Quote from: STREETMEAT on August 21, 2013, 02:46:49 AM
Quote from: audiodissection on August 21, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
it's funny how many say "you should do this" "you should do that" in place of being happy there are still dedicated people who work hard to keep the good stuffs alive and properly released, so i encourage everyone who think that can make this classic compilation turn out better than me to contact Joe and move the plans on its label.

whats his contact info???

just playing around. im really excited for this one. bonus material never hurt & feels alot better then paying 100+ the original.

Mother Savage Noise Productions
Joseph Roemer
1180 Colgate Drive
Monroeville, PA 15146 USA

influencing machine

Whether or not this was Joe's decision, the notion of adding completely unrelated, new bonus tracks to this comp is fucking offensive. Some things should not be tampered with. Noise War is a total bigger than the sum of its parts (Mother Savage and contributing artists). And if the label goes along with it, that is offensive as well. Just because Joe says to add some tracks doesn't mean you have to do it. A label should have some integrity about the things it releases. I thought your Americanoise cd release was tasteful and well-executed, and you should do the same with Noise War. Noise War is one of my favorite releases of all time and yet I would never release it if it meant defiling it with half-assed "bonus" tracks.

FreakAnimalFinland

There are lots of classic releases with added bonus tracks and remastering.
For fans it may be total offense when suddenly there is "new artwork", "stronger sound", "bonus tracks"... but the original makers had another idea.
Of course if I was to make suggestion, would have probably suggested possibility of "noise war 2012" as separate release put out simultaneously. But beauty is that many good things are born from senseless situations and majority of listeners are listening this now for the first time. It will be curious to see if the additions stand out somehow "out of place" or simply blend in..
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

influencing machine

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 21, 2013, 08:40:35 AM
There are lots of classic releases with added bonus tracks and remastering.
For fans it may be total offense when suddenly there is "new artwork", "stronger sound", "bonus tracks"... but the original makers had another idea.
Of course if I was to make suggestion, would have probably suggested possibility of "noise war 2012" as separate release put out simultaneously. But beauty is that many good things are born from senseless situations and majority of listeners are listening this now for the first time. It will be curious to see if the additions stand out somehow "out of place" or simply blend in..

Obviously there are many releases added with bonus tracks, but I think a compilation is different from adding previously unreleased recordings to an album by one band or something. I think your Industrial Recollections releases are generally ideal in terms of reissue ideology. They are faithful to the originals and don't indulge in a lot of extraneous packaging or added tracks.

Compilations are delicate matters anyway. I agree that a separate "Noise War 2012" release would have been less irksome because it would not intrude upon the integrity of the original; however, very few compilations of that sort are successful either. (See, for instance, the "Wine of Satan II" comp which is one of the most embarrassing attempts to recapture the irretrievably lost spirit of an era embodied in a classic compilation.) I just see no benefit to adding new material to that compilation and the potential for doing harm. 

tiny_tove

Classic comp, definitely looking forward for the re-issue.
I see no problems in adding material to reissues if they fit the concept/sound, which is something I am sure is going to happen in this occasion. The few additional names definitely files it into my "must-have" list.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Goat93

I think its strange that now people are against Bonus Tracks or anything what a Release would make better or bigger (from Durationtime for example), since i'm happy to get the Stuff in first place, instead not getting anything. In NWN Forum the People also lament about Die Hards, Special Editions and Bonus Tracks, buit i have the feeling that most of them have had wrote the Opposite not too long ago.  For me, i welcome any Bonustrack on a Release.

Otherwise the Penis Rectus was somekind of irritating before i get thats a new Comp. with "Best Off Bonus CD"

cr

Is this one still planned to be released someday? Would be great!
Or did I miss something?

sterilization

this is still available from stella. i paid $15 in person, but they are $20 via mailorder. sounds great. crisp and loud. does not come with outer bag with screen printed image of hitler, but otherwise it's the same.

FreakAnimalFinland

Big project, so takes longer time. I think its on final stages. Industrial Recollections should take part in getting set financed made in reality. I think this year!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

sterilization

Quote from: sterilization on June 15, 2015, 03:24:21 AM
this is still available from stella. i paid $15 in person, but they are $20 via mailorder. sounds great. crisp and loud. does not come with outer bag with screen printed image of hitler, but otherwise it's the same.

I should clarify, by "this" I mean the cassette version.

cr

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on June 15, 2015, 10:09:40 AM
Big project, so takes longer time. I think its on final stages. Industrial Recollections should take part in getting set financed made in reality. I think this year!

Thanks for the information. Good to know this will happen. I can wait.

...also thanks to sterilization for the info about the tape version!