Home Made VS Somewhere-Else Made

Started by Andrew McIntosh, August 25, 2010, 04:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 04, 2010, 08:41:42 AM
What VNA says about Epson printers.. hmm.. well, lets say that if we're talking about the cheap inkjet printers and use of regular papers. They do look horrible. Cheap in quality, annoying in texture, not "handmade" in positive way. Fading colors, smearing colors, blurry soft edges, crappy halftone patterns.

It's usually the paper that's the issue. Regular paper doesn't absorb ink in a satisfactory way. I've gone from using standard issue paper to card and it's improved the quality of the images and the covers of tapes no end. A simple thing but effective.
Shikata ga nai.

A.R.GH

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 04, 2010, 03:17:27 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 04, 2010, 08:41:42 AM
What VNA says about Epson printers.. hmm.. well, lets say that if we're talking about the cheap inkjet printers and use of regular papers. They do look horrible. Cheap in quality, annoying in texture, not "handmade" in positive way. Fading colors, smearing colors, blurry soft edges, crappy halftone patterns.

It's usually the paper that's the issue. Regular paper doesn't absorb ink in a satisfactory way. I've gone from using standard issue paper to card and it's improved the quality of the images and the covers of tapes no end. A simple thing but effective.
absolutely
you can use a regular ink jet printer but with the proper paper it will look good, i used Heavyweight matte paper for printing a tape cover and the difference with using regular paper it's enormous