Feedback worship

Started by Infubulation, July 11, 2023, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infubulation

Hello there. Just curious about your opinions on some of the most satisfying feedback tones/atmospheres.

Commander15

I absolutely worship good feedback, either effected or completely dry. One of my recent feedback faves are XE's Victory album and The New Blockaders Anti-Fest live that is to be found from OEC's reissue of Live At The Morden Tower. Absolutely gorgeous.

As old and used the basic feedback as an sound source is, i don't really think that it's viceral power and expressive qualities have waned. In fact, it is pretty rare to stumble upon classic feedback sounds in noise records nowadays, but when you do it really stands out.

StrikeFirst

Look into SNUFF, whole project is feedback worship. Every release is gold if you're looking for satisfying feedback tones/atmospheres.

Standouts to me are their self titled in 2008, Kristiina, Anonymous/Male Supremacy/Dresden & II
Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better.

HateSermon

Prussian Walls is pretty ruthless

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

Prurient's History of Aids and Taint's Savage Weapons are albums full of amazing fierce feedback abuse, classics for sure.

Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

FreakAnimalFinland

I have always liked feedback in noise. I am almost surprised when someone says they dislike feedback. Of course, especially in live situations, there is the bad feedback. Seen bunch of those shows where it ruins the gig.

Whitehouse, Ramleh, oldest Con-Dom live shows which appear to be almost vocal mic phaser feedback -stuff. Taint, Mania with his trademark unique high pitched torment. 80's Sutcliffe Jugend being one of the most violent ever.

One of my all time favorite noise songs is The Gerogerigegege "story of Thabala". When I first got to hear it... 1993 or something, can't really estimate how many time I have either consciously or unconsciously sort attempted to re-create it. 

I like some of the more artistic and elegant feedback works. Say Archane Device. Not violent, but creative feedback manipulations.

From new artists, for example Commando 15 from Finland. The tape on Freak Animal and yet-to-be-published tape for Satatuhatta are prime examples how you can take this simple and low tech noise method and still make it in ways that doesn't really sound like most of feedback usage in noise. Feedback can be used in so many ways, that if you are bored with high pitched mic & guitar amp kind of thing, there are many other ways to work with it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Cranial Blast

Feedback for me is of the utmost importance when it comes to PE/Noise. It's essential for me and no matter what. It doesn't always have to "appear" in noise, but I always welcome it first and foremost and when it does.