Noise, industrial or power electronics hit songs?

Started by Yrjö-Koskinen, June 08, 2016, 12:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrjö-Koskinen

There's often talk of albums and bands, but seldom about "songs" that stand on their own two feet, and can be discussed, praised or simply name-dropped. I have failed to find any thread dedicated to the single track. Obviously, few industrial/noise/P-E tracks lend themselves to humming along in the kitchen, or getting stuck in one's head, but there are quite a few that stick out in one way or another. So, how about we name a few?

The first hit that springs to my mind is Rasthof Dachau "Exitus". I could list many more in short order, though.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

burdizzo

There was a thread about "Power electronics anthems" one time, which would pretty much cover this, I think?

Bloated Slutbag

"This one's dedicated to Chuck Traynor!"

Nothing more anthemic than that. It's all in the delivery / pregnant pause / bated breath.

A lot of that latter early wh era has good booze it up n sing along ditties.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Fluid Fetish

Taint immediately comes to mind. These two specifically, so fucking intense I find myself clenching my fists sometimes when listening to these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eEtBYwYHdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqFWSnIYNwM

But there is oh, so many more. Numerous Genocide Organ and Whitehouse songs could also be mentioned...Grunt- I Never Learned How/Terrorist Threat also.

Peterson

Final Solution "Straight White Male"
Ultra "New Centurion" OR "Sportfucking With Traci Lords"

cutter

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 08, 2016, 06:02:06 AM
Taint immediately comes to mind. These two specifically, so fucking intense I find myself clenching my fists sometimes when listening to these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eEtBYwYHdQ

Yes, "Laura Smithers" is i can say anthemic track for me too if talking about Taint. Also i would add "why you never became a dancer" from Whitehouse, and i would also add "Ritual Of Morality" from Grunt, and "Unlust" from S.T.A.B. elecronics plus a lot of tracks from Consumer Electronics

david lloyd jones

slightly off topic, but love slipping PE lyrics into daily conversation/dating websites etc

cutter

Quote from: david lloyd jones on June 08, 2016, 06:29:43 PM
slightly off topic, but love slipping PE lyrics into daily conversation/dating websites etc

now i imagined a whole profile on dating website filled with "co-opted by cunts" only

locustfurnace

Zeno Marx

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

calaverasgrande

I dont know, what about some good ole Throbbing Gristle?
They almost seem corny compared to the PE/noise scene of the last 10 years. But come on, Hamburger Lady? Paper Thin Adrenaline?

They certainly have a lot of name recognition, judging by how they packed venues on their US tour back in 2009 or whenever that was.
Though I suppose a large part of their 'fanbase' are Psychic TV trancers.

Theodore

"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

burdizzo

There are many, but Genocide Organ's "Hail Amerika" is probably the top one.