Favorite Macronympha records?

Started by BARRIKAD, February 08, 2012, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cranial Blast

Quote from: Cranial Blast on December 07, 2023, 03:19:59 AM
Quote from: Commander15 on December 02, 2023, 11:11:15 PM
Quote from: HateSermon on October 11, 2023, 07:48:02 PMJust received my copy of the 3 CD Whorecestra reissue (Dada/MSNP) and it looks amazing. Good design and layout with the packaging and includes a couple extra goodies. Recommended.

This one is an absolute stunner. Both the package and the actual content.

Indeed it is! I was amazed by the quality of it too and thrilled Dada Drumming had put this out! It definitely needed a definitive CD version like this.

I found a copy of Oxidation the other day on CD. I've got the tape and that's another one that I've enjoyed a lot. I'm glad I'll have it on CD now.

Super Oxide*

Manhog_84

Has there been any comments from Rodger regarding their break-up during the years? All I have heard or read have just been Joe bashing him. For example the use of KKK images was Rodger's idea that Joe later disaproved. Even though would Pittsburgh PA be as memorable without that lynching picture/huge poster?

Cranial Blast

Quote from: Manhog_84 on December 07, 2023, 10:57:38 PMHas there been any comments from Rodger regarding their break-up during the years? All I have heard or read have just been Joe bashing him. For example the use of KKK images was Rodger's idea that Joe later disaproved. Even though would Pittsburgh PA be as memorable without that lynching picture/huge poster?

Yeah he seems to have a real grumpy gripe about Rodger and it's kind of funny on the WCN podcast. I heard Rodger watches FOX news!! He exclaims, haha. Yeah he does go on in that interview about how it was all Rodgers sick ideas with the KKK images and nazi images. You're right about that to in regards to Pittsburgh PA. Also other great memorable images when it comes to that stuff to. I like the tape cover that has the cool nazisplotation cover with the mad nazi doctor sawing off women's leg...or maybe it was her arm. That's a great cover image for that tape.

moozz

Quote from: Manhog_84 on December 07, 2023, 10:57:38 PMHas there been any comments from Rodger regarding their break-up during the years? All I have heard or read have just been Joe bashing him. For example the use of KKK images was Rodger's idea that Joe later disaproved. Even though would Pittsburgh PA be as memorable without that lynching picture/huge poster?

I didn't even know it was reissued with a different cover, for me it will always be that black cover with the title in white. So yeah, I'd say it was already memorable before it was released with a new cover.

Manhog_84

Quote from: moozz on December 08, 2023, 09:12:02 AM

I didn't even know it was reissued with a different cover, for me it will always be that black cover with the title in white. So yeah, I'd say it was already memorable before it was released with a new cover.

The front cover of LP and Trash Ritual CD has been just black with white font. The poster and inside of the CD tray contains that image. Discogs also lists one tape reissue with the hanging photo as front cover.

It's funny when Joe explained that the concept is about frustration for the low lifes of Pittsburgh who do nothing with their lives but get drunk and beat their wives, and not about promoting racial hatred. When you look at the track list, there might be a change of misinterpretation:

Critical Determination Of Genetic Malfunction In Three Racial Groups   
A1 Negro
A2 Hispanic
A3 Semite (Arab And Jew)