GNAWED

Started by BlackHole, October 30, 2016, 01:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackHole

I have recently been checking out what the project GNAWED has to offer and I must say this is some top tier PE/Death Industrial in the vein of old CMI sounds and obvious influence from Brighter Death Now. Cold, mechanical, droning synth-scapes, harsh feedback & junk abuse with vocals drowned in affects and buried to the point of being inaudible. His latest output leans more toward the dark ambient side than PE but is also highly recommended.

ligature impression

Gnawed has been one of my favorite projects for a long time. He's had a very nice shift from frantic, heavy electronics style PE to rhythmic death industrial and lately more dark ambient elements. Definite influence of BDN and Genocide Organ, but still with bassy metal abuse and harsh noise elements. He's never lost the edge in sounding very dark and powerful, and the sounds and tones of industrial collapse has been there the whole time. For obvious reasons, I've seen more sets than most, but for his set at Amplified Humans, he finished off a set that was very much his recent style with a piece that was a lot like his older frenzied, driving PE style. Total fucking ender.

Top 5?
-Purge CS
-Terminal Epoch CD
-Feign and Cloak CD
-Pestilance Beholden CD
-collab with Custodian 3" CDr (collab, but my favorite example of his surging, frenzied vocals)

xdementia

Best death industrial act in North America right now.

Kim V

Kinda overlooked this project for quite some time. Was positively surprised when hearing it for the first time. Now eagerly awaiting his Feign and Cloak cd which should be on its way to me
you're just a victim of yourself

bitewerksMTB

I haven't listened to them yet but I just received the "Variant" lathe 7" & split tape with Ligature Impression. The 7" shows an AK-47  being used as the sound source.

Ashmonger

Just listened to Pestilence Beholden, very good, less harsh, last track seems even totally Dark Ambient more than Death Industrial. Great metal junk sounds too!
I really like Gnawed, got some of his tapes and Pestilence Beholden in my distro too, though I think that while I like everything I've already heard, I think the albums are just a tad better than the splits and tapes in general. Anyway, together with The Vomit Arsonist certainly one of my favorite US acts.