Frederikke Hoffmeier

Started by coughinghorse, March 25, 2015, 01:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holy ghost

I really enjoyed The Spiral - truly a record that I really thought was wonderful in it's execution. This was compounded by seeing her perform live in the spring, and that really drove home what a great performer she is. Really hoping I can catch this Fear and Pleasure tape sometime soon.

thetenthousandthings

Very cool to see a thread devoted to Fred! There was a rare Puce Mary shirt on eBay a couple of days ago that went for $44... I'll make my own. For the unaware, I highly recommend anything from JH1.FS3, the interview conducted by the Quietus, and the Den Blege GrĂ¥ Tone collaborartive LP with good ol' Danny boy (sell me this one).

urall

Quote from: absurdexposition on September 27, 2017, 04:52:46 AM
The Spiral was good, but I found the Yours tape that came out in Australia on Distort (and later repressed by the artist - this edition isn't listed on Discogs, so be wary of people flipping an incorrect edition) the same year to be better.

ugh, i ordered the Yours tape from that label, but never got it...

I agree with the guy who pointed to Yours as her strongest release. That and The Spiral.

Quote from: urall on September 28, 2017, 05:35:45 PM
Quote from: absurdexposition on September 27, 2017, 04:52:46 AM
The Spiral was good, but I found the Yours tape that came out in Australia on Distort (and later repressed by the artist - this edition isn't listed on Discogs, so be wary of people flipping an incorrect edition) the same year to be better.

ugh, i ordered the Yours tape from that label, but never got it...

I finally got my order from Distort, but they sent me the wrong stuff, so here's a warning to people considering doing business with them.