Noise experiment

Started by fratervoid, August 03, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fratervoid

Good morning, sirs.

I want to share with you and seek advice for an experiment I'm doing with my wife. I tie her up, usually with bondage restraints, naked, with a gasmask with filter on, a ball gag and no vision. Then I feed her with noise through headphones. She wants to experiment how much amount of noise she can handle at high/very high volume in a most uncomfortable position, well, some kind of sensory deprivation. Until now we've done 20 minutes noise, 5-10 minutes silence and another 20 minutes noise. We have tried some loops and a couple of corrosive records. Looks like she can handle loops (she handles low frequencies better than high pitched noise), she can concentrate and find a pattern there. Things look more dificult when it comes to records. We've tried Demon Pulse and 1930 by Merzbow, and Pathophysiology by Atrax Morgue. She can't find a pattern there, and in the case of Atrax Morgue she burst into tears at some point for no apparent reason, but didn't quit. I'm looking for some "musical" advice. We've been thinking of making the sessions last an hour from now and see how she can manage it. We're looking for harsh and corrosive noise and we invite you to make any suggestions you think they could work. Of course her health is guranteed as I am there all the time, if I see something strange or if she gives me a signal I immediately quit (which hasn't happened yet). We've done 6 sessions so far and she is a tough one.

Thank you very much.

Scat-O-Logy

Reminds me of this collaboration between Bryan Lewis Saunders and John Duncan called "Under the Influence of Torture".

Also, the set up with your wife reminds me of the photo shoot PPT did for Hated Perversions. You should check the booklet if you have that release.

F_c_O

ranging from low end rumble to high end squeeling:

Macronympha
Dead Body Love
Treriksröset
Snuff
Xenophobic Ejaculation
Bizarre Uproar
OVMN
MXM
Pain jerk
Incapacitants
Monde Bruits

theres few that should help you have some fun with your wife :)

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: fratervoid on August 03, 2017, 12:39:14 PM...in the case of Atrax Morgue she burst into tears at some point for no apparent reason, but didn't quit.

I find that interesting. I'm not sure what kind of result/gratification you're both after but it seems to me that crying is very much an understandable result, particularly from listening to AM. That she persisted with the experience suggests that it has some value for her?

I'd be inclined to suggest something fairly sedentary. As much as I dislike wall noise, something like Vomir might just be the mark. A long session of something like that, static yet with detail, may well be what she needs to get her through. Anything minimal, in that case. The "Total Slitting of Throats" release, which I've always said is the only "wall noise" release anyone really needs. Even better, anything from The Haters that is one long block of confused yet consistent Noise.

Or maybe something a bit lower, darker, and eerier, but played at sufficient volume. Very non-musical Dark Ambient. Saturate the volume and you could have a satisfactory result.
Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

you mentioned breaking the noise up with silence.
another possibility is to break up with near silent noises-
robert ashley's 'automatic writing' playing low volume is for me, like an auditory rorscach
also minimalist, phil niblock is sedate, immersive, yet designed to be played loud.
have you tried natural, elemental sounds-wind, water, rain, fire?

Bleak Existence

david lloyd jones

the silence of vacuum tapes on iops seem tailor made for this as well

AXNAAR

Would second Vomir and SOV and add Tony Conrad violin stuff and SJ - We Spit On Their Graves FOR 10 hour session.

Are you trying to change the mental state of your wife, like a mental fisting training type of thing? Sounds like fun anyway.

Theodore

"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

fratervoid

Wow, thank you very much for the suggestions, I take note of everyone of them. This will allow me to test different kinds of noise in some kind of noise torture situation. This experiment was proposed by my wife herself, I added the bondage thing (i couldn't help it). The thing she wants demonstrate herself is that she has a high level of tolerance and resistance in such uncomfortable situations like these, let's say she wants to test her psychological resistance, though of course I know it's not the same thing to be submitted to a wall of noise during an hour than having to endure it for several hours as a proper and professional torture would require. I must admit it is very fun, I sometimes throw cold water at her, or candle wax through her back and some things like these. Damn, I should record the sessions in 8 mm footage.

Well, as I said thank you so much for the suggestions. Please feel free to recommend me/us anything you would think would work, I'll keep you informed how things are going if you wish.

david lloyd jones

Duncan

Jesus Christ.  If forums were PE releases, this thread would be the flanged vocal track.

cr

Bizarre Uproar - "Perverse Bizarre Humiliation" was my first obvious thought.
Most of BU would qualify for a session like this, of course.

And I'd like to add The Rita- "Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence" or "The Voyage Of The Decima MAS"

Anyway, seems to be a nice idea for romantic evenings...  And yes, keep us informed!