General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: calaverasgrande on October 23, 2016, 02:40:36 AM
Quote from: Major Carew on October 20, 2016, 11:46:13 PM

Seems so ironic given that years ago universities in the US considered themselves strongholds of free speech,students fought for it with protests, and now they've gone in the complete opposite direction, with students utilising 'safe spaces' etc to protect themselves from all matter of 'triggers' and bogey men. Now they fight for freedom from free speech.

There is an organisation (I forget the name) in the US working with Universities who's sole aim is to get public speakers that students find offensive disinvited if a certain number of people kick up a fuss.They also turn up at events and have people tick boxes on a card which lets them know if the lecture they just attended caused students 'Minimal', 'Moderate' or 'Maximum' offence. There is also another organisation (again, the name escapes me) that monitors this behaviour of afore mentioned organisation to figure out how many people are being 'offended', and to tally up what all this shit really means with regard to the current situation with free speech in universities.

To top it all off, at one US university, a speaker who came in to talk about the fact that if some students could have 'Safe Spaces', then other students should be able to have 'free speech spaces' was 'disinvited' after it was deemed he would have caused too much offence on campus.

I'm offended at your continental spelling of offense.

please tick the relevant box on your card then.someone will be along shortly to offer counselling and a group hug

david lloyd jones

the prior interaction freaked me out to the max....

Andrew McIntosh

The bigger the cushion
The sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said

The looser the waistband
The deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read...
Shikata ga nai.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 25, 2016, 08:33:46 PM
Negan isn't emotional enough, the zombie apocalypse is joyless, and the writer had to "wait around" for twenty whole minutes.
http://www.revelist.com/tv/walking-dead-season-7-premiere/5403/others-bragged-that-they-made-that-decision-years-ago/10

I couldn't help but skim the comments section where I found this little quotable gem that I think sums it up perfectly:

QuoteJafin  Lori • 19 hours ago
We watch TV to escape from reality, not to have a nasty idea of it shoved in our faces. And clearly I'm not the only one with problems with this.

At least people openly admit they desperately need an escape from the reality of their miserable lives and that's what they expect and demand from their safe little entertainment sources, making it all the more amusing haha...Ugh...

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on October 26, 2016, 12:20:51 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 25, 2016, 08:33:46 PM
Negan isn't emotional enough, the zombie apocalypse is joyless, and the writer had to "wait around" for twenty whole minutes.
http://www.revelist.com/tv/walking-dead-season-7-premiere/5403/others-bragged-that-they-made-that-decision-years-ago/10

I couldn't help but skim the comments section where I found this little quotable gem that I think sums it up perfectly:

QuoteJafin  Lori • 19 hours ago
We watch TV to escape from reality, not to have a nasty idea of it shoved in our faces. And clearly I'm not the only one with problems with this.

At least people openly admit they desperately need an escape from the reality of their miserable lives and that's what they expect and demand from their safe little entertainment sources, making it all the more amusing haha...Ugh...

semis that zombies, like vampires are neutered/ reduced to mirrors of society rather than threats to...

david lloyd jones

http://scarfolk.blogspot.co.uk/

always advocating this site to Anglo speakers and appreciators of this kind of humour.

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 27, 2016, 03:46:55 AM
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/left-wing-berkeley-protesters-demand-spaces-of-color-harass-white-students-trying-to-pass/

After watching that protest video, I wanted to escape reality & bash brains in with a baseball bat wrapped in barb-wire...

Also:

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/rules-for-radicals-meet-the-extremist-berkeley-protesters-who-demand-spaces-of-color/

QuoteAnd, she added, "refrain yourself from trying to convince me that 'not all white people are bad'. I do not need you to, nor do they need you to. They have enough privilege already".

Lozano also said, "I am very well aware that not all 'white' people are bad", but added that she "tend to not feel safe or comfortable in spaces dominated by them – like this institution."

Not contradictory at all, makes perfect sense!

QuoteRegardless of what subject they teach, if a professor does not take the time to talk about the issues that directly affect their students, then the professor should not expect excellent student performance in their class. You need to CARE for your students.

"Mommy and Daddy and being raised with social networking have my entitled, sheltered millenial ass brainwashed into thinking the world owes me everything so teach me what I demand to be taught Professor otherwise don't expect me to care about my own education that my rich parents and the US government are paying for."

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 27, 2016, 03:46:55 AM
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/left-wing-berkeley-protesters-demand-spaces-of-color-harass-white-students-trying-to-pass/

After watching that protest video, I wanted to escape reality & bash brains in with a baseball bat wrapped in barb-wire... ********(This is a JOKE! I do not own a baseball bat or barb-wire! Nor do I harbor malice against Berkeley protestors or protestors anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)*********

Someone report this maniac. He clearly is a threat to my colored space.

Andrew McIntosh

Essex, may it go up in smoke
It's about as much fun as a tumour
Essex people can't take a joke
They've got absolutely no sense of humour....
Shikata ga nai.

aububs

bitewerksMTB

http://campusreform.org/?ID=8315

"This is happening right now in my school SUNY Potsdam college, this is extremely disgusting and sad that they would even find this funny. Imitating us BLACK people because clearly we are a joke ! I didn't find the humor in the video at all and me and my friends will be reporting them to the president of the school ... But be aware of your surroundings racism still exist � Every black person that seen this got offensive so I don't want to hear that "black faces" was them playing around."

"The school also assured the community that the University Police; the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Residence Life; the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards; and the Bias Response Team had all been alerted to the incident."

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 29, 2016, 10:00:43 PM
http://campusreform.org/?ID=8315

"This is happening right now in my school SUNY Potsdam college, this is extremely disgusting and sad that they would even find this funny. Imitating us BLACK people because clearly we are a joke ! I didn't find the humor in the video at all and me and my friends will be reporting them to the president of the school ... But be aware of your surroundings racism still exist � Every black person that seen this got offensive so I don't want to hear that "black faces" was them playing around."

"The school also assured the community that the University Police; the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Residence Life; the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards; and the Bias Response Team had all been alerted to the incident."
I know they won't read this but stupid fucking, touchy fucking, thin skinned fucking, humourless fucking retards

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on October 27, 2016, 03:39:17 PM
Essex, may it go up in smoke
It's about as much fun as a tumour
Essex people can't take a joke
They've got absolutely no sense of humour....
haha. your a poet and you don't know it!
these women ought to blame their older sisters and mothers
Essex may be aspirational and seemingly better, but the behaviours are all there in werthams 'memories from the pigsty'