Taint - Vice

Started by KMusselman, December 26, 2012, 07:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermin Marvin

Quote from: Dr Alex on March 25, 2014, 10:59:09 AM
Somebody should release boxset of Taint compilation tracks and tracks from singles/b-cards.

same.

bitewerksMTB

There may be a slim chance of "Vice" on cd next year. I was asked about it a few months ago.

There is no chance for the comp. tracks & I would think you could find rips of the business cards.

Dr Alex

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 17, 2014, 08:25:26 PM
There may be a slim chance of "Vice" on cd next year. I was asked about it a few months ago.

There is no chance for the comp. tracks & I would think you could find rips of the business cards.

I have "Vice" lp but I would like cd, of course!

Too bad. It will be great to see Taint compilation like new Con-Dom 2xcd on Industrial Recollections.

perkust

I will be happy of every Taint cd reissue. Hopefully Industrial Recollections will put out something during this year.

caveman

I suppose there is no chance of Savage Weapons ever seeing a reissue? The track titles alone on that thing are enough to get a man going.

Fluid Fetish

Vice was my second Taint lp ever and a perfect introduction.

I would fucking KILL for a reissue of Savage Weapons and Piece-Meal Dissection, especially the latter. At least Indecent Liberties, Just Meat and Shit Coming were all recently done, all 3 records have been in regular rotation as pretty much all of my Taint stuff usually is. Mania as well. Possibly my favorite noise act ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6o2CEktDLE

So fucking good.

MMMM

I have been reading through a scan that I found of the Freak Animal #11 zine and in interviews with both Taint and Harbinger Sound it is stated that this LP was supposed to be coming out in 1998 on Harbinger rather than the release it got years later on Self Abuse. What came in the way of the HS release?

(And on an unrelated note, does anyone know what happened with Recalcitrant Noise? The guy seemed to have big plans for the label in the interview but none of the forthcoming releases he mentioned came out and according to Discogs the label ceased all activities in 1998.)

FreakAnimalFinland

As far as I understood, Harbinger was not happy about length of album, but wanted it to be longer. More like 40 minutes than 30... While artist preferred it as it was. Self Abuse was ok to release it as it was.

Recalcitrant Noise person is active on this forum, so he is definitely around, but label is no longer.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Zeno Marx

Quote from: MMMM on October 28, 2016, 10:06:06 AM
(And on an unrelated note, does anyone know what happened with Recalcitrant Noise? The guy seemed to have big plans for the label in the interview but none of the forthcoming releases he mentioned came out and according to Discogs the label ceased all activities in 1998.)
Can't remember the interview well, and I don't have access to the zine.  PM me if you have any particular questions.  Over-ambitious at times.  The unforeseen at others.  Life.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

MMMM

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on October 28, 2016, 01:11:23 PM
As far as I understood, Harbinger was not happy about length of album, but wanted it to be longer. More like 40 minutes than 30... While artist preferred it as it was. Self Abuse was ok to release it as it was.

Recalcitrant Noise person is active on this forum, so he is definitely around, but label is no longer.

Thanks for clearing that up. My only guess was label money problems. The album definitely works more than well as it is.

Quote from: Zeno Marx on October 28, 2016, 08:04:50 PM
Quote from: MMMM on October 28, 2016, 10:06:06 AM
Can't remember the interview well, and I don't have access to the zine.  PM me if you have any particular questions.  Over-ambitious at times.  The unforeseen at others.  Life.

No particular questions, I just thought that a lot of the statements made in the interview were quite insightful and the forthcoming releases all sounded promising, especially the Bastard Noise / Hermit double LP.