EINSTUERZENDE NEUBAUTEN

Started by enmity, June 11, 2012, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKHE

Listening to Silence Is Sexy now. Hardly industrial at all, but still they're great song writers. The Maifestspiele part of Fiat Lux is one of my favourite industrial... pieces, perhaps better word than song.

tiny_tove

Quote from: SKY BURIAL on June 11, 2012, 03:34:56 PM
Quote from: tiny_tove on June 11, 2012, 11:49:31 AMwhen  we supported them in London as Origami Replika

Ha! I was there (September 7, 1997, London Astoria). I had no idea that was you, Marco.

ehehe great evening. the whole origami/marhaug/wertham was good fun, we planned only three dates in smaller venues, (Leeds was the best, New castle was crazy with Tore sucking somebody on stage and Culver's memorable set, etc.) but Klaus Maek invited origami, so we were quite happy indeed.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

tinnitustimulus

Patient Drawings of O.T. was basically the first noise album I bought, though I guess I consider it music now, and it's clearly my favorite though I have enjoyed it all the way to Strategies Against Architecture III (that was the second album I bought from them). I suppose Kollaps or the first SAA were the noisiest per se but there was something about Patient Drawings that was between structured music and just throwing metal around. My favorite is song would definitely be Armenia from that, loops of an orchestra playing traditional Armenian music and a groaning machine combined with Blixia's hollow screaming always give me goosebumps.

Kalte Sterne was around the time FM Einheit and Alexander Hacke joined, both being involved in punk bands previously and still had an effect, bands like Abwärts and Sprung Aus Den Wolken, that sounded similar to kalte sterne were more obviously post punk than industrial, and much faster.

Anyone know what the material with Beate Bartel and Gudrun Gut is like? something tells me i'll be underwhelmed from what little Mania D I have heard, but I'm curious.

enmity

Patient Drawings of O.T. so far seems like everyone's favorite EN release and I can see why. Everything about it is just so fucking amazing and new even today. This is definitive release that can be played over and over while still finding new sounds with every spin. I can also agree that after FM Einheit left in 2000, that there was a big decline in everyone's liking. For me, I feel the last good thing they did was Tabula Rasa.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: enmity on June 15, 2012, 11:19:39 AM
Patient Drawings of O.T. so far seems like everyone's favorite EN release

The best is "Kollaps" for me.

Black_Angkar

I like most of their albums up to recent years. Each one of the earlier work has a unique sound and character which sets them apart - the junkpunk of Kollaps, industrial ambience of Zeichnungen, the bass on Fünf auf der... and so on. I still find Ende Neu a really good experimental pop album, and both Perpetuum Mobile and Silence is sexy has some stunning songs, though I would put them in the category of musical traditions prior to "industrial" of great, classic songwriting. I never really cared for tabvula rasa which despite its good elements are to riddled with 90's cheese, not especially hard or especially soothing. Their weakest of the old records in my opinion.

As of late both the Jewels and alles wieder offen albums were such huge disappointments that I haven't been interested inanything but the old albums since.