Dais Records

Started by bogskaggmannen, April 29, 2010, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogskaggmannen

http://www.daisrecords.com/

Relatively new US label focusing on vinyl only releases. Even if i'm not particularly fond of modern "neofolk", Cold Cave etc. it's nice to see a label with a little broader spectrum stylewise. Only hoping it will not be a large part re-issue project, but still finding new groups also.

I'm interested in hearing comments about the Conrad/P-Orridge LP, Whip And The Body and the Cult Of Youth LP (samples sounded vital musicwise but have a hard time with the vocals). Anyone?

Strömkarlen

QuoteDAIS 014 Beastianity - Root

I use to have that CD. Pretty good mix as I remember. I can't say that I remember it like Dias puts it.
QuoteOnly those who could laugh through the excrutiating feedback, tape loops, screaming, potential off stage violence and gunpowder stench would stick around to see the pack develop a sound that remains uniquely Australian.

More like industrial rumbling with a strong neo-folk feel but I could be wrong.

Brad

I'm kind of annoyed that this label exists.  The early P-Orridge recordings should have been released in a much greater quantity than what Dais likes to do, as they sold out pretty much instantly and I never got to hear them.   

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: Brad on April 29, 2010, 03:34:31 PM
I'm kind of annoyed that this label exists.  The early P-Orridge recordings should have been released in a much greater quantity than what Dais likes to do, as they sold out pretty much instantly and I never got to hear them.   

Well, according to the label they too think the music deserves to be heard. Just not by too many I guess.

"Dais is a label founded on friendship and trust. Every release represents that strong bond of friendship. We are determined, against all odds, to go forth in releasing what we feel is music that deserves to be heard. What needs to be heard. What should never be ignored."

bogskaggmannen

Maybe the edition sizes are not always chosen by the label?

However, the Coum LP was TERRIBLE. Only for completists I guess.

AV!

Dig: Cult Of Youth LP, Awen LP, Cold Cave 12"EP, Frank Alpine 7'' ... look foward for Beastianity LP

LAST

Solid label. Reissuing a lot of essential recordings that needed to be. I cannot wait for the next volume from Deviation Social, an often overlooked early US industrial artist.