Encyclopaedia Of Industrial Music Vol. 2 (D-I)

Started by ImpulsyStetoskopu, September 12, 2010, 09:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: GX Jupitter-Larsen on November 21, 2010, 06:10:27 PM
Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on November 21, 2010, 02:40:38 PM
The WIRE magazine has never been my favourite item to read about music. I take a dislike to this magazine deeper after reading this: http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/browse/435/493/7888/3/4/0/encyclopaedia%20of%20industrial%20music%20%20wire
This is not problem my ultimate ego trip, this is not case my not open for negative criticism, but I guess that such opinion-forming magazines as WIRE should be more reliable in giving information. How author this text could confront ENCYCLOPAEDIA vs MAGAZINE in matter of "artist's motivations"? I don't know how I should understand this stupid thought/inspirations?

WIRE clearly feels threatened by artists bypassing them altogether and publishing their own words. Job well done!

Thanks Gerald for nice words. You know, I sent him my book to review it. I don't fear criticism because I know this book isn't perfect, and even I want to read critical points, questions and polemical sentences,
but I hoped that will use essential cases and will consider this book in more perspective view. Even they didn't want to write a simple review...

XXX

Wire wants you to do all the thinking for them. why bother to look up a band when you can read a short blurb "saying what they are about." most industrial bands are courteous enough to not spell it out for you.

Brad

A month has gone by with no updates, does anyone have this book in North America yet?

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Brad on December 21, 2010, 06:13:34 PM
A month has gone by with no updates, does anyone have this book in North America yet?

A ground/sea shiping is very slow :) It can take even 3 months. The first US distributor will be HOSPITAL PRODUCTIONS. I urge to buy directly from my offer.