Encyclopaedia Of Industrial Music Vol. 2 (D-I)

Started by ImpulsyStetoskopu, September 12, 2010, 09:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

The second part soon!!! The launch of ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF INDUSTRIAL MUSIC will be tied-in with WROCŁAW INDUSTRIAL FESTIVAL event. The event will take place at Gothic Hall - Purkyniego 1 BWA Awangarda Gallery - Wita Stwosza 32 CRK -Jagiellończyka 10C/D will be from 10th until 14 of November 2010 in Wroclaw /Poland. There will be added real CD with music of some artists from this issue.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1460/covetinternet.jpg

i.a: DACHAU LUSTKNABEN DACHISE DADAISM DAGDA MOR DARK ALCESTE DE SOCAI VÔMIE DARUIN DAS SYNTHETISCHE MISCHGEWEBE Yannick DAUBY DCLXVI DE FABRIEK DEAD BODY LOVE DEAD MACHINES DEAD VOICES ON AIR DEATH IN JUNE DEATH SQUAD DEATHPILE DEBT OF NATURE D...ECA DEEP DEEP LISTENING BAND DÉFICIT DES ANNÉES ANTÉRIEURES (D.D.A.A.) DEISON DELPHIUM DENIER DU CULTE DER BLUTHARSCH DERNIÈRE VOLONTÉ DÉSACCORD MAJEUR DET WIEHL DETHFUK Andrew DEUTSCH DECONSTRUCTIVISM DEUTSCH NEPAL DEVIATION SOCIAL DIE FORM DIE SONNE SATAN DIE TÖDLICHE DORIS DIESEL GUITAR DIETER MÜH DIGITAL NOISE DISTORTION (D.N.D.) Thomas DIMUZIO Aaron DILLOWAY DISINFORMATION DISLOCATION DISSECTING TABLE DIVE The DEAD C DMDN DOC WÖR MIRRAN Tod DOCKSTADER DOME DOMINATOR Frank DISUMANA RES DOMMERT DOUBLE LEOPARDS Kevin DRUMM DUAL DIE DESULTORISCHE DETONATIONS KG DIAGRAM:A DEVILLOCK Taylor DEUPREE Francis DHOMONT DES ESSEINTES DUE PROCESS Curd DUCA John DUNCAN DISEÑO CORBUSIER DYSTHYMIA DMA2 François DOURIS DRONÆMENT DOG AS MASTER DEFEKTRO DZ LECTRIC DØDSDØMD DEATHKEY DIDAKTISCHE EINHEIT EA EINLEITUNGSZEIT EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN Leif ELGGREN EMIL BEAULIEAU EN HALVKOKT I FOLIE EN NIHIL Kazumoto ENDO ENDURA Brian ENO ERINYS ESO STEEL ESPLENDOR GEOMÉTRICO ÉTANT DONNÉS ETAT BRUT EVIL MOISTURE EXOTOENDO EXPERIMENTAL AUDIO RESEARCH EXTERIOR MIRROR EARZUMBA EUGENICS COUNCIL ELECTRO STATIC CAT ELLENDE ENEMA SYRINGE EMERALDS EMACIATOR EMERGE ESCUPEMETRALLA ETHNIC ACID EXTREME HAIR STENCH ESOTERICA LANDSCAPES 7 ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC EVIL CREATES EVIL ECCLESIASTICAL SCAFFOLDING EXTREME ECOUTE LA MERDE ENSTRUCTION Jürgen ECKLOFF ÉTICA MAKINAL F:A.R FACIALMESS FACTOR X FACTRIX FARMERS MANUAL FASCISM FAUST Christian FENNESZ Luc FERRARI FETISCH PARK Alain De FILIPPIS FUTURISM Tetsuo FURUDATE FOUTREDIEU!!! FOLKSTORM FÂLX ÇÈRÊBRI FERVEUR NOIRE FLUTWACHT FIVE ELEMENTS MUSIC FLUXUS FRONT 242 FREEDOM IN A VACUUM Ellen FULLMAN FOSSILS FIRST HUMAN FERRO FECALOVE F.M. EINHEIT F-SPACE FEINE TRINKERS BEI PINKELS DAHEIM Dror FEILER FROZEN CORPSE FLOWMOTION Cedrik FERMONT FUNCTION DISORDER FOETUS FIRST LAW FRANKO B G*PARK Diamanda GALÁS GELSOMINA GENESIS P – ORRIDGE GENETIC TRANSMISSION GENOCIDE LOLITA GENOCIDE ORGAN GERECHTIGKEITS LIGA GERMAN SHEPHERDS The GEROGERIGEGEGE GERRITT GERSTEIN Q.R. GHAZALA Carlos GIFFONI Bruce GILBERT David GILDEN Anne GILLIS GOAT GODFLESH The GOLDEN SERENADES GOVERNMENT ALPHA GREATER THAN ONE Randy GREIF Jeff GREINKE The GREY WOLVES GRIM GROYXO GRUNT GRUNTSPLATTER GRUPPO DI IMPROVVISAZIONE NUOVA CONSONANZA GRKZGL Bernhard GÜNTER Brion GYSIN The HAFLER TRIO Jim Haynes Keiji HAINO HAIR POLICE HALO MANASH HANATARASH HANDS TO The HATERS HATI HAUS ARAFNA Carl Michael Von HAUSSWOLFF Christoph HEEMANN Jan – Morten IVERSEN IUGULA – THOR IRR. APP. (EXT.) IRMIRIKARAH IOVAE IOSS INTRINSIC ACTION INSTITUT INTERSYSTEMS
INSTITUTION FEINMORTIK INSOMNIA INOX KAPELL The INFANT CYCLE INDUSTRIA MASOQUISTA

Brad

Great news!  But is that the entire list of contents?  There are a couple things missing that I really expected to be covered in this encyclopedia. 

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Brad on September 13, 2010, 04:31:12 PM
Great news!  But is that the entire list of contents?  There are a couple things missing that I really expected to be covered in this encyclopedia. 

No, I hadn't time for typing more names. Probably I listed all names from "D" and "E". The rest only a part.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

The line-up for the compilation CD to come with Volume 2 of the Encyclopaedia of Industrial Music is full:

1. DIETER MUH "Helescum" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
2. DACHAU LUSTKNABEN "Blue Hell"
3. EMIL BEAULIEAU "Untitled"
4. ENEMA SYRINGE "Jag Vill Bara Slå Dig" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
5. GERECHTIGKEITS LIGA "The End And The Evolution" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
6. GALERIE SCHALLSCHUTZ  "Cocoon" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
7. IDEA FIRE COMPANY "Sinking Ship"
8. Jurgen ECKLOFF "Red Queeen" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
9. The DIGITARIAT "Choosy" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
10. The HATERS "Solidarity Forever" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
11. Yannick DAUBY "Alavala" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
12. GRUNT "Lapsi Nurkassa" (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);
13. DAS SYNTHETISCHE MICHGEWEBEN no titled yet (previously unreleased, reproduced by kind permission of the artist);

ImpulsyStetoskopu

I have got finished... Test press done... This was crazy month... I am happy :) The 297 entries, 103 pages, hundreds names, thousands records... Some samples here:

The initial page: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5286/emiiistr3.jpg
Somewhere inside: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2742/emiiistr47.jpg
One of the last: http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7285/emiiistr92.jpg

Price: 18 EU

Brad

Looks good, nice to see someone from my city's industrial scene make it into your encyclopedia (Iszoloscope). 

A little nitpicking because I'm a fan:  Foetus' 2006 album is called Damp, not "Dump"!  And he has released two more albums (Limb and Hide) since you wrote the list, but that's inevitable with a book project of this nature. 

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Brad on November 01, 2010, 03:10:28 PM
Looks good, nice to see someone from my city's industrial scene make it into your encyclopedia (Iszoloscope). 

A little nitpicking because I'm a fan:  Foetus' 2006 album is called Damp, not "Dump"!  And he has released two more albums (Limb and Hide) since you wrote the list, but that's inevitable with a book project of this nature. 

Very big thanks for notes! It was corrected.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Brad on November 11, 2010, 03:32:00 PM
Where can we order it?

From me :) Probably: VINYL-ON-DEMAND, HANSON RECORDS, SELF ABUSE, ART INTO LIFE, NEDS... Soon more info in this matter...

imaginaryforces

I shall be keeping an eye open for this. Looks good.

bogskaggmannen

Maybe this has been touched upon elsewhere but, just out of curiosity, how do you make your choices on which groups to include and not include? I understand it is impossible to make a extensive/total encyclopedia over experimental music but I was interested in hearing your comments on how you work.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on November 12, 2010, 03:48:28 PM
Maybe this has been touched upon elsewhere but, just out of curiosity, how do you make your choices on which groups to include and not include? I understand it is impossible to make a extensive/total encyclopedia over experimental music but I was interested in hearing your comments on how you work.

Good question. I am afraid my weak English will not able to describe clearly this problem. But I will try...

First of all I tried to re-define term INDUSTRIAL MUSIC in my book. INDUSTRIAL MUSIC, in my opinion, isn't exactly OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL, which in my categorize it should call INDUSTRIAL AVANT-GARDE OF ROCK MUSIC, and which isn't main axis of INDUSTRIAL MUSIC. The main are: INDUSTRIAL NOISE, POWER ELECTRONICS, EXPERIMENTAL POSTINDUSTRIAL, NEW ELECTRONICS (glitch and so on) and INDUSTRIAL AMBIENT. Such terms like EBM, ELECTRO or  INDUSTRIAL ROCK aren't in INDUSTRIAL MUSIC, but I described these styles and there are only  few entries, in my opinion the most representive names/artists/projects in these genres.
Besides, I tried describe only those projects/names who issued at least 2 records (not MP3) and have existed at least 5 years (it wasn't as rule always).

ImpulsyStetoskopu

The WIRE magazine has never been my favourite item to read about music. I take a dislike to this magazine deeper after reading this: http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/browse/435/493/7888/3/4/0/encyclopaedia%20of%20industrial%20music%20%20wire
This is not problem my ultimate ego trip, this is not case my not open for negative criticism, but I guess that such opinion-forming magazines as WIRE should be more reliable in giving information. How author this text could confront ENCYCLOPAEDIA vs MAGAZINE in matter of "artist's motivations"? I don't know how I should understand this stupid thought/inspirations?

GX Jupitter-Larsen

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on November 21, 2010, 02:40:38 PM
The WIRE magazine has never been my favourite item to read about music. I take a dislike to this magazine deeper after reading this: http://www.exacteditions.com/exact/browse/435/493/7888/3/4/0/encyclopaedia%20of%20industrial%20music%20%20wire
This is not problem my ultimate ego trip, this is not case my not open for negative criticism, but I guess that such opinion-forming magazines as WIRE should be more reliable in giving information. How author this text could confront ENCYCLOPAEDIA vs MAGAZINE in matter of "artist's motivations"? I don't know how I should understand this stupid thought/inspirations?

WIRE clearly feels threatened by artists bypassing them altogether and publishing their own words. Job well done!