OUT NOW: BACILLUS 'IN RETROGRADE' 5xCS BOX SET

Started by influencing machine, March 08, 2021, 07:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

influencing machine

AVAILABLE FROM INFLUENCING MACHINE RECORDS: BACILLUS IN RETROGRADE 5xCS BOX SET

Though he had been recording experimental/noise music since the late 1980s, beginning in 1994, Peter Keller began releasing tapes under the name Bacillus on his own label, Clotted Meat Portioning. Thematically focused on disease, infection, and biological decay, Bacillus was quickly absorbed into the burgeoning Americanoise scene, with releases on Self Abuse, Deadline Recordings, and Slaughter Productions. Bacillus also appeared on a collaboration release with Macronympha (Macrobacillus) and the Underground USA compilation released by Mother Savage Noise Productions. The Bacillus sound was dirty, warped, and densely textured with amorphous samples culled from mangled analog media sources, gnarled and distorted by lo-fi equipment. Keller's music was taut and focused, with each C-20 cassette divided into sharp, succinct tracks and packaged in unique, hand-made sleeves aesthetically tethered to the subject matter. Indeed, Bacillus was among the most thematically, visually, and sonically complete projects to emerge during the 1990s.

Released in conjunction with Mistape and Keller's own new label, Patient Records, the "In Retrograde" 5-tape box set collects the most significant and elusive Bacillus material: the four C-20 tapes Keller released on CMP in 1994-1995—"Pregnant Disease Formation," "The Second Shock Left the Patient Dead," "Epidemic," and "Black Plague"—and a previously unreleased recording, "Microbiological Takeover," made in 1996, originally intended for release as a 7". All of the recordings have been recently restored and remastered by James Plotkin. The tapes are housed inside a medical kit and have been individually repackaged in O-cards featuring new layouts designed by Dan Fried, with images provided by Keller. Also included is a 24-page booklet containing rare photos, scans of the original artwork, and essays by Keller, Jason Campbell (Influencing Machine Records), and Sam McKinlay (The Rita).

Special edition comes with an updated reprint of the classic and long out of print "BE PATIENT - YOU'RE NEXT" t-shirt design.

Regular edition US$55
Special edition US$65

ORDER NOW AT:
https://influencingmachinerecords.bigcartel.com/

Hatefukk

Such a gorgeous looking set!  I am overjoyed that I was able to snag a shirt edition.  This helps complete some of the Bacillus collection to boot.  I have always loved the packaging for Bacillus releases (still currently wearing the face mask from the last mini cd release at work daily) but this one is just over the top.  Thank you to all involved.  If you haven't grabbed this yet and there happens to be any copies left you will definitely kick yourself later if you don't snatch it up now.

influencing machine

Quote from: Hatefukk on March 09, 2021, 06:25:32 PM
Such a gorgeous looking set!  I am overjoyed that I was able to snag a shirt edition.  This helps complete some of the Bacillus collection to boot.  I have always loved the packaging for Bacillus releases (still currently wearing the face mask from the last mini cd release at work daily) but this one is just over the top.  Thank you to all involved.  If you haven't grabbed this yet and there happens to be any copies left you will definitely kick yourself later if you don't snatch it up now.

Thanks for the comments on the release. There are still a handful of tshirt editions left. Trying to get some of the regular editions into a couple European distros also.

influencing machine

I'm down to the last few copies of the regular edition. I have a few small and large t-shirt versions left and one medium shirt version.

Copies of the regular edition are also available from Klaxon Records and will soon be available from Freak Animal, White Centipede, and Scream and Writhe. Some copies will also be sent to Disk Union in Japan. After that, they're gone.