Raison D'Etre and related

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, February 29, 2024, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

I was listening to Tales from the Tabula Rasa (Early Works 1988-1991) today, and at some point early on, it was reminding me of beginnings Endvra, though Endvra was far better at it.  It's quasi gothy, crude neo-classical electronica.  Maybe neo-medieval would be more appropriate?  I'm such a sucker for the timpani, even if it is sampled and not real.  Being a big, BIG Endvra fan, it's fun to run into other stuff like them, though Tales From pre-dates Endvra by a handful of years.  Both also becoming greats of dark ambient too.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Phenol

Yeah, Endvra were quite popular back in the 90s as far as I remember, both in metal and neofolk circles. I got Black Eden and the Elder Signs compilation from back then, both released by Red Stream so probably the releases with the widest distribution. Should revisit...I listened to Mise En Abyme and Alchemeia by RD a few times now on Spotify and especially the latter seems to be growing on me. I like the dark and brooding atmosphere with long build ups and the trademark gregorian samples and metallic clatter, of course, so will no doubt end up buying it, probably just the CD version unless there's a good reason to the the vinyl.