Taint "Indecent Liberties" original photograph

Started by Neons Fanzine, July 01, 2023, 05:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neons Fanzine

Do you know where does the photograph from Taint "Indecent Liberties" come from?
I've seen it somewhere else but I can't recall.
I think it is from a crime during the satanic panic. I'm very curious to find the original picture, if you have the reference
Thanks a lot

OMM

"The shocking aftermath of torture: a devil star scratched in flesh with a knife." According to the booklet, the LP cover is by Clifford St Joseph

SoonYouHaveDeafEars

This actually reminds me of something I noticed a while ago: Taint's Savage Weapons and Bizarre Uproar's 4raajahalvaus both feature the same crime scene photos in their artwork.
I wonder if they possibly used the same source material (maybe a true crime mag / zine?)
Que Sera, Sera (Things Go From Bad To Worse)

Neons Fanzine

Quote from: OMM on July 01, 2023, 06:39:09 AM
"The shocking aftermath of torture: a devil star scratched in flesh with a knife." According to the booklet, the LP cover is by Clifford St Joseph
Thanks, I did some research but couldn't find the original picture. Must be San Francisco John Doe 60.

Neons Fanzine

Quote from: SoonYouHaveDeafEars on July 01, 2023, 03:44:49 PM
This actually reminds me of something I noticed a while ago: Taint's Savage Weapons and Bizarre Uproar's 4raajahalvaus both feature the same crime scene photos in their artwork.
I wonder if they possibly used the same source material (maybe a true crime mag / zine?)

I noticed that too, must be from a crime book. I will try to look it up too!