Krim Kram: Usurper - The Big Two CD

Started by ddmurph, December 01, 2023, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddmurph

Now available: Usurper - The Big Two CD

Order by email (info@krimkram.com) or through Bandcamp (cheaper to order direct though and I'll send you a Bandcamp code if you want it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the last will and testament of Usurper. The final curtain on two decades of heroic toil in the experimental/noise/improv/no-audience underground. Over the course of their twenty year existence, Usurper developed into one of the most original and uncompromising groups to emerge from the early 2000's sub-sub underground, always pushing themselves (and audiences) to new territory. They were fearlessly experimental, with seemingly limitless reserves of creativity. Their performances were utterly unique, combining elements of post-Fluxus performance art and absurdist theatre with a thoroughly Luddite sound palette (via a veritable flea market's worth of dismantled instruments, household detritus, and recontextualised children's toys). Within their twenty years together, they developed their own colloquial Gesamtkunstwerk, continuously blurring the lines between sound, performance, theatre, and life.

I'm immensely proud to be releasing this CD. When I asked Ali and Malcy to do a release on the label, I couldn't have foreseen that it would be their swansong. I'm biased of course but I think this collection of sounds and radio play miniatures is as good a way to clock out as can be. I hope it brings you as much joy and smiles as it has brought to me.

Farewell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still available:
- Bren't Lewiis Ensemble 'Hand Signals' CD
- Dressing 's/t' CD (low stock)
- Andy Heck Boyd 'blondie - thanks for sharing' CD
- Daniel & Fabian Löwenbrück 'Das Lebacher Orgelwerk - Weihnachtsoratorium (LWV 156)' CD
- Cyess Afxzs 'No Bull One Left Behind' CD
- Rick Potts 'Don't Think' 2CD
- LDSN & Yakkida 'Can Yr Ysgol' CS
- Ted Byrnes 'Roads' CD
- Luciano Maggiore & Michael Speers 'necesse est numquam revelare stercorem tuum' CD

Available soon:
- Arv & Miljö 'Samling' 2CD (reissue of 2016 2CS comp)
- Zalhietzli 'Etreinte' CD
- Meilt 'Jasu Jest' CS (Dressing & Uoerhe collab)
- Kapotte Muziek 'Discon' CD