WANT le dernier cri books specifically - HOPITAL BRUT 9

Started by nightchannels, December 01, 2023, 03:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightchannels

i have piles of insanely rare shit, and i will use my powers to hunt rare shit down for you

IF you are willing to sell or trade me a copy HOPITAL BRUT #9

im into hearing about if you have other le dernier cri books also - i dont have HOPITAL BRUT volumes 1-3 either

i'm open to trade just about anything from my collection for #9 though.

anyone else into these know what they are - want to trade or sell them ?????

it looks like this ~pleasseee

nightchannels

if anyone has an insight of a forum that could be better suited to someone having this book. feel free to post alsooo. do you guys like le dernier cri?? its very niche so its hard to know where might be best to ask!!

theotherjohn

I don't have many publications by them as there's just so much out there, but the few things I have are great. I have a couple of later Hopital Brut issues (8 & 10), and two publications by Fredox including the very intense Dossiers Noirs de l'histoire. The whole French/European silkscreen graphix scene is a rabbit hole I've not explored too deeply but if this stuff was available to buy on my doorstep I'd probably go broke trying to collect it all. In the UK, you can get some of their stuff from Mark Pawson or Bookartbookshop in London.

Hopital Brut 9 is definitely one of the harder issues to find, given the limited run of 280 copies and complexity of its binding with different sized papers. Le Dernier Cri's online shop only had 70 copies for sale and the remainder probably went to the contributing artists? I think I read Trevor Brown mentioning in an old blogpost announcing its publication that even he missed out on getting one and he was usually on the ball with their output, so it must have sold out immediately. Happy hunting!