New Forces: Skin Crime, Form Hunter, Organ of Corti, T.D., Kjostad

Started by New Forces, January 01, 2024, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Forces

Now available from New Forces: three new CDs from Skin Crime, Form Hunter, and Organ of Corti, along with new cassettes from T.D. and Kjostad, and a lathe-cut 7-inch from Incipientium.

All orders will receive a free copy of New Forces Zine #15, which features an interview with Organ of Corti.

Skin Crime - Skin Crime CD

New Forces is proud to offer a reissue of this hyper-limited Skin Crime tape from 1997, originally available in only a handful of copies. Skin Crime on this recording was Patrick O'Neil and Scott Hull. An essential part of the noise archive, and a unique entry in the legendary Skin Crime catalog.

"1997. I get a postcard in the mail from GX asking if we'd like to play at a show he's setting up. Of course I said yes. I talked things over with RRRon, who had also been invited, and we decided that if we were going to fly out to the west coast, we might as well play a few shows and make a small tour out of it. I had one problem though, Shawn, who was playing with Skin Crime at the time, couldn't go, and Marc had moved out of the area. I hated playing solo, and didn't want to do an entire tour by myself, so the question was, who did I want to play with? The first name to come to mind was Scott from Japanese Torture Comedy Hour. We had already played a number of shows with them, and had collaborated at a show at RRR. I thought our sounds went well together, and just as importantly, since we'd be practically living together for a week, we got along well, so I asked him if he was interested in doing a small tour together with me and he agreed. Due to distance, and time constraints, we were only able to get together and practice once before leaving for tour. This is that session." - Patrick O'Neil

6-panel digipack that includes liner notes and photographs from the recording of the album. Mastered by Grant Richardson.

Form Hunter - Dread Harvest CD

Form Hunter returns with their first full-length album since 2021's "Violent Adaptation" (Troniks / Helicopter). Dread Harvest refines their signature blend of in-the-red tape abuse, violent scrap metal, saturated loops, and high-energy noise. Crafted from raw and physical recording sessions in a decaying barn, these four tracks channel the euphoric chaos of Form Hunter's live assaults, leaving behind a crater of crumpled magnetic tape, iron filings, rusty nails, wood, rocks, and dirt. From uncompromising blasting to tension-filled cassette manipulation, Dread Harvest is a signature statement from Stefan Aune (Kjostad) and Weston Czerkies (Magnetic Coroner).

6-panel digipack with obi, mastered by Grant Richardson

Organ of Corti - Fanaticus CD

Fanaticus is the new full length album from Organ Of Corti, the trio of Dan Johansson (Sewer Election), Mattias Gustafsson (Altar of Flies), and Joachim Nordwall (iDEAL, The Skull Defekts). A significant evolution from 2022's Auris, also released on New Forces, Fanaticus blends tape loops and analog synths into a claustrophobic exhibition of tense and curious sound. Each of these seven tracks has a depth to it that demands repeated listening. Fanaticus deftly weaves together the subtle nuances of scratchy tape heads and twitching electronics. Machines hum, sputter, and crackle as they fail; they are simultaneously reborn and given new life through the particular alchemy that is Organ Of Corti. The pinnacle of Swedish experimental sound.

Digipack, mastered by Grant Richardson

Kjostad - Old Campaigners Cassette

Old Campaigners was originally a highly limited double-cassette only available at Summer Scum 2023. Reissued here as a single-cassette, these recordings represent two years of various techniques and sounds from Kjostad. A mix of familiar approaches and evolutions of the project's signature environmental field recordings, concussive electronics, and tape manipulation..

T.D. - Mouth Music Cassette

An incredible new recording from Thomas DeAngelo (Melkings, Zwangsbeglucktertum, Crisis of Taste). While working as a stand alone release, Mouth Music can also be considered a burly, fully in-the-red coda to the Sound Poetry by Other Means CD issued earlier this year by adhuman. Originally intended as a not particularly subtle homage to such vocal-based, proto-noise classics as Ashley's "Wolfman" or Chopin's "Vibrespace", we are left, through the spirited marriage of experimentation and incompetence, with something closer to an early Coquette tape left to bake in the sun. All sources are of an oral nature, processed solely through primitive analog means. The cosmic wail of collective unconscious, a babe's first cry after arse smack, Munch's "scream passing through nature"; Mouth Music channels all and none of such sorceries. It is an attempt at pre-cognitive communication, utilizing the tricks-and-treats afforded sub-underground dilettante sound after The End of History.

Incipientium - Att Sträva Efter Perfektion Lathe-Cut 7-Inch Record

Blue Can Crossing continues its journey with a new lathe-cut record by Incipientium, the best new project to emerge from the Swedish experimental underground, with recent releases on Happiest Place, iDEAL, and Förlag För Fri Musik. Beautiful murk and fearless experimentation; nothing else sounds like Incipientium.

Hand-cut clear polycarbonate lathe record for maximum intimacy, cut by Hex Audio Labs. Cardstock sleeve with printed vellum overlay. Limited edition. Please note: lathe records can require adjustments to the weight, anti-skate, and other settings on your turntable for optimal playback. Sometimes a penny placed on the top of the cartridge can solve all your problems. These are idiosyncratic and sometimes obtuse bits of media. Enjoy the ride.

Order here: https://newforces.bigcartel.com
Digital here: https://newforces.bandcamp.com
Distros and record stores: please email newforcesnoise@gmail.com for wholesale rates
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

New Forces

Copies at or headed to: Scream & Writhe, Satatuhatta, Industrial Coast, Outsider Art, Tobira, Magnetic Irritation, Tordon Ljud, Skeleton Dust, Soundohm, Ferns Recordings, and more are currently being arranged.
New Forces

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

New Forces

Copies also headed to Art Into Life, Hökarängens Antikvariat, NEdS, Cranial Blast, and Field Trip.
New Forces

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

prelapsus

Can I ask a dumb question? Is this material NOT in that massive Hospital box set?

New Forces

Not a dumb question - as far as I'm aware (and according to Patrick) this material doesn't appear on the boxset, that was why Patrick was interested in seeing it reissued.

Big box of stuff currently headed to Freak Animal.
New Forces

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene