Unglee Izi - the wall of the altar star — musique du solitaire

Started by Eastern Embargo, January 19, 2024, 07:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern Embargo

Introducing "the wall of the altar star — musique du solitaire" by Unglee Izi:

Following up on last week's double CD epic on Nashazphone, arrives another long-form cosmic journey from the elusive mind of Unglee Izi.

My introduction to Unglee's music occurred in 2019 through the album "Apprentissage & Remplacement" on Erratum Musical. This 4-hour long study on suspended silence and harsh noise was a standout for me. As I delved deeper into their catalog, I discovered a diverse range of genres and musical abilities that resonated with the artistic exploration I sought for Mirae Arts.

Through email exchanges, we shared our musical influences, and I discovered that Unglee Izi had a notable early performance with Merzbow, among other artistic endeavors showcased across Paris. Despite our collaboration on this project, I find that the enigmatic essence of Unglee Izi continues to elude my understanding.

"the wall of the altar star — musique du solitaire" is a free-spirited electronic exploration, spanning precisely one hour and eight seconds, where musical boundaries are stretched, and the wild and the sophisticated coexist in harmonious chaos.

Available exclusively on CD, the album is accompanied by a 24-page booklet curated with Unglee Izi's poetry. The CD's exterior panels are also adorned with gold foil hot stamping.

For the best experience, immerse yourself in this sonic adventure with headphones.

US & Extracts: https://miraearts.bandcamp.com/

Distro: Boomkat, Juno, Forced Exposure

Open to wholesale prices and discounted shipping, etc.