Hybryds

Started by m., June 23, 2011, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.

found "Dreamscape from a dark side" cd for cheap and it's fine atmospheric-ritual industrial (some Coil, some Contrastate comes to my mind).
bought their first tape "Mythical music from the 21st century" and it's good too, more ritualistic (23 skidoo "the culling is coming" era).
other good stuff?

murderous_vision

Quote from: m. on June 23, 2011, 02:38:37 PM
found "Dreamscape from a dark side" cd for cheap and it's fine atmospheric-ritual industrial (some Coil, some Contrastate comes to my mind).
bought their first tape "Mythical music from the 21st century" and it's good too, more ritualistic (23 skidoo "the culling is coming" era).
other good stuff?

Ritual anthology is a nice overview!

P-K

imho EXCELLENT ritual trance from belgium.....recommended:
-Music For Rituals cd
-The Ritual Should Be Kept Alive (all parts) cd
-Soundtrack Voor Het Aquarium cd  very nice scapes used in Antwerp Zoo.
-The Rhythm Of The Ritual cd
-The Atavistic Fetisj cd ....personal fave, still available from Sandy for fair price
-Live lp
-Ein Phallischer Gott  cd ....ok compilation
-The Ritual Of The Rave cd .....still ritual but way more elecronic.

very recommended : the Yasnaia solo-cd on World Serpent.....

more noisy electronics, distrorted beats, investigating 'cyberpunk' at that moment, first lp very good imho, later more repetition of the same material&sounds :
-Mistrust Authority Promote Decentralisation lp .....nice one
-Tectonic Overload cd
-Virtual Impact cd
-etc etc

to avoid :
everything Sandy started releasing as Hybryds after Yasnaia left lol, cheap preset breakbeats, i think it's a shame he's still working as 'hybryds' LOL

m.

thanks!
ritual anthology, atavistic fetisj & the yasnaia project seems really interesting

post-morten

I'm with P-K there, most of the releases from when Yasnaïa were still in the band are worth checking out, whether it's the early ritual/mythical phase, the more ambient leaning sounds, or the later Ant-Zen crunchy cyberpunk stuff. But Magthea should have stuck to the Na-Dha moniker that he first adopted after her departure; changing back to Hybryds was a bad career move that dilutes the reputation.

Since you appreciated the Dreamscapes CD, check out Soundtracks for the Aquarium next, it's pretty similar stylewise. For the beginner Ein Phallischer Gott is good since it showcases different aspects of Hybryds. The absolutely best material is featured on the split 7" with TMLHBAC though it's a bit pricey if you want a physical copy. Just avoid Clavis, a sort of cheesy faux-Lovecraftian concept album with really poor spoken word parts by Markus Wolff.

whateverforever

weird. i've been listening to them a lot again lately as well.

tiny_tove

Quote from: P-K on June 23, 2011, 10:12:07 PM
very recommended : the Yasnaia solo-cd on World Serpent.....

agree. I saw a gig of that in Germany around '97/'97 brilliant.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0