Whitehouse

Started by Peterson, December 04, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: theotherjohn on March 08, 2024, 03:30:57 PM
Quote from: impulse manslaughter on March 08, 2024, 03:20:31 PMMummy & Daddy and Quality Time are actually the only ones don't have. Need to check them out.

Really??? Mummy & Daddy is easily their best album in my opinion too. A truly devastating listen.

Think I never bought this one because of the cover artwork which I do not like.

DrRichard

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on March 08, 2024, 03:20:31 PMMummy & Daddy and Quality Time are actually the only ones don't have. Need to check them out.

Really??? Mummy & Daddy is easily their best album in my opinion too. A truly devastating listen.

Yes, Mummy & Daddy is their best "digital era" album. I have spent a few months in my life drinking several bottles of wine every evening with "A cunt like you" at maximum volume. Good times.

Kaaoskultti

Quote from: DrRichard on March 08, 2024, 05:25:49 PM

Yes, Mummy & Daddy is their best "digital era" album. I have spent a few months in my life drinking several bottles of wine every evening with "A cunt like you" at maximum volume. Good times.

During the roughest years of my adolescence, being sixteen or so, there was a time in my life where I would binge listen to M&D everyday. Back at the day there were no other means for me to act-out the amount of anger and anxiety by which I was being overwhelmed for some years already, than listening to music. The emotional intensity of listening to this album, specially Daddo, would amount to cathartic reactions that would leave me... speechless. Even Bennett commented once on Susan Lawly on how the recording process itself was a quite disturbing experience, by reaching levels of intensity even himself was impressed by (which is a lot to say, indeed). I like all of their digital albums, but maybe if I had to choose one favourite it would be this one. Even though I usually skip Soto's tracks while listening to Cruise and Bird Seed, I often find myself listening to Private throught the whole album.

After it finishes with that one sample of a girl speaking about how "he was so mean to us... so mean to my mum... she took it everyday." I find myself feeling just like... what did I just listen to? Very hard to explain in words. I know I listened to something more than just a Power Electronics album.
ZOB ZYGGLAN - Brazilian Power Electronics - https://zobzygglan.bandcamp.com/album/zob-zygglan