LE SYNDICAT "30 Years of Excess" 6 x tape box set to be released in 2013

Started by influencing machine, November 14, 2012, 04:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

influencing machine

The first Le Syndicat performance took place in Paris in 1982 and was followed by a handful of tape releases. At that time, the trajectory that this project would take was unclear as Le Syndicat's earliest work eschewed boundaries and constraints--a trait that permeates Le Syndicat's entire catalog. As is true with most great artists and musicians in their formative years, the minds behind that early incarnation of the project were unconcerned with leaving behind a legacy or radically altering the terrain of experimental, industrial, noise, and electronic music. The 30 years that have passed since that time have proven, however, that Le Syndicat has had a profound influence upon the aural, visual, and conceptual aesthetics of each of those genres. 

In honor of Le Syndicat's contribution, Influencing Machine will be releasing a six-tape box set entitled "30 Years of Excess." This release will commemorate the three decades of Le Syndicat by reissuing some of the earliest and most elusive of the group's tapes—none of which have been previously reissued. Each of these recordings has been mastered from the original source tapes by Ruelgo himself and will each feature the artwork and graphic design of longtime collaborator Zorïn. This release is expected to be ready in early 2013. More information will be announced as the project comes closer to completion.

The following recordings will be included in "30 Years of Excess":

Phase Segments/Boucles  (1982)

Tot Mortar  (1983)

Audiostatik Repress  (1983)

Vagynaestetatis  (1985)

Staying Alive  (1985)

L'Arme De Force  (1986)

bitewerksMTB

That is excellant news! I still have the 3LP set RRR did & a handful of orig cassettes but I don't recognize any of the titles other than "Staying Alive".

influencing machine

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 15, 2012, 02:10:09 AM
That is excellant news! I still have the 3LP set RRR did & a handful of orig cassettes but I don't recognize any of the titles other than "Staying Alive".

Ill make sure we set up a trade once its out.

influencing machine

I will be making a formal announcement next week and will begin taking orders at that time. I have all of the pieces completed for this box set, I just need to assemble them. Shipping may not begin for a couple of weeks.