power noise like Terrorfakt

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, June 18, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusfaggotchrist

Anything that can be recommended? Like the genre y/n? Favorite acts?

Isolate

I do like power noise/rhythmic industrial, I dont like Terrorfakt though, they sound like a bad techno act to me.
You could check out

Imminent/Starvation
Converter
Sonar
Winterkalte
MS Gentur
Esplendor Geometrico

jesusfaggotchrist

See its weird, the distortion is what pulls me in, the more distorted the better. After all, I already dig harsh noise and power electronics

tiny_tove

I am not a big fan of rythmical stuff in general (apart from funky and 70's disco) , but there were many excellent projects in the ant-zen catalogue of the late 90's early 00's...

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: GRKZGL on June 19, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on June 19, 2013, 06:47:45 AM
See its weird, the distortion is what pulls me in, the more distorted the better. After all, I already dig harsh noise and power electronics

In that case, you can run Gangnam Style through 8 DOD pedals for all I care...

That's not what I meant....

redswordwhiteplough

You might want to try The Peoples Republic of Europe and Greyhound (especially the track Therapy is great). Maybe even Feindflug.

ConcreteMascara

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

dubduboverlord

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on June 20, 2013, 06:15:40 PM
Converter

co-signing on this. a lot of the ant-zen stuff along these lines strikes me as interchangeable (but certainly not bad). converter seems to push the distortion a little more.

jesusfaggotchrist

I've listened to Converter quite a bit since this thread and I'd have to say they're one of the noisiest. Thanks

andy vomit

Quote from: redswordwhiteplough on June 19, 2013, 10:15:46 PM
You might want to try The Peoples Republic of Europe and Greyhound (especially the track Therapy is great). Maybe even Feindflug.

feindflug isn't bad, one of the few bands from that era/genre that i'll still listen to from time to time...  they put on a really great live show, but they're one of those bands where you really only need to own one album...  they all sound fucking identical.   
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Isolate

I agree with andy vomit, Feindflug albums do sound samey. If you want one I would recommend 'Volk Und Armee' its pretty much run of the mill stuff.
Some tracks from Haus Arafna and Brandkommando could also be considered power noise, well for me anyway!

P-K

Quote from: andy vomit on June 20, 2013, 08:33:58 PM
feindflug ...  they put on a really great live show,

the kind of show that doesn't need instruments to be plugged in ? :-p

Bereft

Converter is fun.

Ant-zen had some amazing releases, I am a huge synapscape fan, as well as morgenstern, silk saw, mondblut and almost anything pre catalog #100 definatly some gold in there, but the same could be said about early hands or adnoiseam.

Aural blasphemy is still fun to listen to, Synth -etik, xebox.

Never been a big fan of the "ebmish" rythmic noise, like people republic of europe..utterly boring.

Try terrofakt's project that he releases tracks to noisy to be terrorfakt..t-factor.

Brad

Quote from: Bereft on June 21, 2013, 07:38:30 AM
Ant-zen had some amazing releases, I am a huge synapscape fan, as well as morgenstern, silk saw, mondblut and almost anything pre catalog #100 definatly some gold in there, but the same could be said about early hands or adnoiseam.

Signum by P.A.L is the best album of the powernoise genre.  Which might be because a lot of it doesn't really sound like powernoise, but whatever.