Your ranking of the best pe/industrial/ambient albums, EP's and 7''

Started by cutter, May 10, 2016, 01:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter

I don't know if there was a topic like that, but i'd like to create a ranking of the best albums in your opinion.
So, let me start :)

Absolutely number 1. Nicole 12 - Braces EP
2. Consumer Electronics - Estuary English and Dollhouse Songs (exe quo)
3. Whitehouse - Bird Seed
4. Taint - Whoredom and Mysoginist Lust (exe quo)
5. Nicole 12 - Substitute

So that's like 5 best albums for me, what would you choose?

Edit: Albums, EP's and 7'' too

Fluid Fetish

I don't think I could narrow down to just five, even for each genre I listen to...but current top five at least are:

Taint- Sex Sick
SPK- From Science to Ritual
Whitehouse- Dedicated to Peter Kurten
Premature Ejaculation- Dead Horse Riddles
Peturbator- The Uncanny Valley (I know, I know...shoot me)

John Carpenter- Lost Themes II is a close runner up, I can't wait to see him live in June!

Not pe/industrial/ambient but I can't get enough of that White Death mcd, Reptile Womb- The Fyrst Deathe, Vorum- Current Mouth mlp, anything and everything with Vetala, everything by Vampyric Blood (incredible Sorath and old Black Funeral worship!), Diaboli- Wiking Division, Aryan Art LP etc.

Fluid Fetish

Also Braces EP is an EP...not an album...I'd be here ALL DAY if we were doing EP's and 7''...First Dance of Spring is even better though! Pony is possibly my favorite Nicole 12 song ever, that sample hahaha..

cutter

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on May 21, 2016, 01:40:20 AM
Also Braces EP is an EP...not an album...I'd be here ALL DAY if we were doing EP's and 7''...First Dance of Spring is even better though! Pony is possibly my favorite Nicole 12 song ever, that sample hahaha..

i edited the topic a little so EP's and 7'' will count in haha

This is nearly impossible, but the following are among my favorites... 

Atrax Morgue - Death-Orgasm Connector
Merzbow - Metalvelodrome
The Klinik - Sabotage
The Sodality - Beyond Unknown Pleasures
Whitehouse - Great White Death

vomitgore

EP-wise

Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta
Grunt - Dead Beauty

are absolutely mandatory!

Fluid Fetish

Quote from: 13 on May 21, 2016, 06:44:27 PMAtrax Morgue - Death-Orgasm Connector

Just starting to get into Atrax Morgue, not sure if it's a good starting point but Paranoia just crossed my path for pretty cheap so I'm going to sit down with some of my anxiety and enjoy this album later this evening...hopefully.

Leewar

Ive never understood the praise for Nicole 12, to me its all very predictable.

bogskaggmannen

Off the top of my head:

Anenzephalia "Ephemeral dawn" CD (Tesco)
Core "An area's era aria" LP (Coc)
Entre Vifs "Heavy duty" KZ (Cthulhu)
Lustmord "Heresy" CD (Soleilmoon)
Maeror Tri "Pleroma / Altrove" PIC 10" (Ant-Zen)
Nightmarish "Pompeji" CD (Galakthorrö)
Organum "Sphyx" LP (Aeroplane)
O Yuki Conjugate "Into dark water" LP (Final Image)
Proiekt Hat "Lebensunwertes leben" LP (CMI)
S·Core "Missing volume" LP (Zabriskie Point)
Small Cruel Party "Islands of sleep" LP (G.M.B.H.)
Werkbund "Skagerrak" LP (Walter Ulbricht)

Look, no one released after 2000... These ones I keep returning to, and has had a larger impact on my further listening.

As for 7": David Jackman "Flag of surrender" (Die Stadt) and Lille Roger "Undead" (CMI).

Theodore

Quote from: Leewar on May 22, 2016, 11:03:02 AM

Why being predictable is something bad ? If a band is steadily good delivering what knows best and what fans want, is that bad ? Or is the unpredictable always good ? OK, i get it when someone is repeating himself again and again, this can be a little boring for some people. But if something is already good, then the unpredictable most of the times leads to failure and disappointment. So the only question that really matters is you like what you listen or not ? , imo. Generally speaking.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Fluid Fetish

The whole discography, or which releases are you referring too? Just out of curiousity. I think the 7''s and Black Line definitely have their own unique style personally, but even the old stuff I can't think of anything to compare too? I'm not the most well versed in PE/Noise as some here admittedly so maybe I'm wrong.

totalabuse

I personally love the Nicole 12 project... cold / undistorted synth patterns over reverb laden samples and whispered pervert vocals... can't beat it

Kim V

Quote from: totalabuse on June 01, 2016, 04:21:55 AM
I personally love the Nicole 12 project... cold / undistorted synth patterns over reverb laden samples and whispered pervert vocals... can't beat it

Seconded. Sure, some of it is predictable but as others already pointed out that mustn't necessarily be a bad thing. With noise and PE being around for nearly 40 years it's hard to be unpredictable. But we are getting off-topic... ;-)
I agree that's it nearly impossible to make a ranking from the tons and tons of releases, simply too much amongst it that greatly tickles my spine but these are some of my all-time favourites to which i keep getting back :

Keimverbreitung : Metastasis tape
Steel Hook Prostheses : Torturous Anxiety
Am Not : Unpunished
Mörkermännen : Hell on Earth
you're just a victim of yourself

Leewar

Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 01, 2016, 01:46:11 AM

The whole discography, or which releases are you referring too? Just out of curiousity. I think the 7''s and Black Line definitely have their own unique style personally, but even the old stuff I can't think of anything to compare too? I'm not the most well versed in PE/Noise as some here admittedly so maybe I'm wrong.

I have just never been impressed with the whole project, cant remember what ive heard, think it was a couple of the 7"'s but it just struck me as the usual 'bloke pretending to be a bit of a pedo, after purchasing his first Sotos book' type material, some good sounds but just seems more for superficial 'shock' value then anything more.

cutter

Quote from: Leewar on June 01, 2016, 10:46:55 AM
Quote from: Fluid Fetish on June 01, 2016, 01:46:11 AM

I have just never been impressed with the whole project, cant remember what ive heard, think it was a couple of the 7"'s but it just struck me as the usual 'bloke pretending to be a bit of a pedo, after purchasing his first Sotos book' type material, some good sounds but just seems more for superficial 'shock' value then anything more.

actually, i really apprecieate those albums for it's sound, sometimes is really calm ("Substitue" the first track on Substitute album) i can say sad (Ballerina) and sometimes just kickass loud and crazy (like Nippon Lolita Substitute) also that fascination went from the other fascination of "daddy and his princess" role plays... so some of the topics there are not anything weird for me