General butthurt & pc faggotry etc

Started by Brad, October 31, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiClark

david lloyd jones

if porkmeat as well, then may exclude Jews and Muslims!
these folks may insist on magic beans as opposed to porky pounds!

Yrjö-Koskinen

I know FreakAnimalFinland was a bit annoyed earlier that this thread just focused on boring ass "click bait" type link mashing, with someone posting a link to some article headlined "Marxist professor says White People are Gay", and everyone agreeing that that's just plain false, and bemoaning PC. I think that's a valid point. I have another observation.

Has anyone noticed that "mainstream media" as well as the "PC Left" all of a sudden feel old and tired? There are similarities with something like American Evangelicals, in the sense that the values they hold dear are still pretty powerful (in certain circles) and they still have quite a bit of political clout, but all in all they feel somewhat out of touch and "on the wrong side of history". Their scandalizing articles feel more and more like some crap put out by Al Gore about the dangers of Rock and Roll and Rap, rather than politically relevant analysis. When the New York Times writes about the Donald Hitler, or when some boring homo writes an article accusing the far less boring homo Milo Yiannopoulos of islamophobia, isn't it obvious that the Donald Hitler and the Milo are far more fun than the New York Times? Does anyone buy into shit like "Black Lives Matter", and believe that Alabama Cops lynching black babies is a thing?

I'm not really making a case for hope, not at all, but it is kind of nice to see that the "progressive" crowd seems ever more out of touch. And the situation is actually far worse for them than it may seem, since you still have a huge pile of (older) people largely relying on the "MSM" for their information, and as they die, things will change (though they of course have replacements in the hysterical "not my president"-crowd, but I have a hunch these people are not as plentiful as it may seem). All that being said, there's still way too little quality stuff to replace the old media. While I, as someone standing slightly to the right of Tamerlane, would love to defend stuff like Breitbart without qualification, I still have to admit that they are superior only in a very limited sense (i.e. "white people are ok" and "immigration blows"), and otherwise pretty much tabloids. Being older now, I would have preferred a world in which the mainstream alternatives were flexible and decent enough to actually answer to the needs of... Well, anyone. There will be problems when this shit fails, I tells ya.

Still, it's all pretty dar'n exiting.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

PTM Jim

Quote from: Stoa on November 30, 2016, 11:33:11 PM

Has anyone noticed that "mainstream media" as well as the "PC Left" all of a sudden feel old and tired? There are similarities with something like American Evangelicals, in the sense that the values they hold dear are still pretty powerful (in certain circles) and they still have quite a bit of political clout, but all in all they feel somewhat out of touch and "on the wrong side of history".
They are pretty much the exact same thing. As far as music and film, their attitudes reflect exactly that of things like the Parental Advisory sticker and MPAA do's and don'ts. And within society they are kind of like the new Moral Majority. Guess it all kind of comes full circle. The left has just become a more extreme version of their hippy grandparents. The grandparents had something to actually fight for, but today they have to search for, and often make up, what they are fighting.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Stoa, do you not think the left became a stagnant establishment many years ago? Hardly a revelation, is it? What's changed is perhaps that there's an ever growing number of people mocking or simply not paying attention to them anymore. It's not that Trump signalled the beginning of the end of the left, it signalled the loudest declaration so far that the cultural marxist agenda is in decline. Like I said to a fellow traveller based in Australia regarding the protests after the US election, they are as square as a Bob Hope concert in the late 60's. That's what they've allowed themselves to become. Square and reactionary. 

Having said that, and perhaps to the surprise to the kind who label anyone a right wing racist for simply not being left wing, I predict a very annoying right to become ever louder and as annoying as the left has been soon enough. But before that I think we will witness the left getting crazier and more aggressive. Call it an extinction burst.

Interesting times ahead.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

PTM Jim

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on December 01, 2016, 03:03:08 AM
Having said that, and perhaps to the surprise to the kind who label anyone a right wing racist for simply not being left wing, I predict a very annoying right to become ever louder and as annoying as the left has been soon enough. But before that I think we will witness the left getting crazier and more aggressive. Call it an extinction burst.

Interesting times ahead.
I think the same exact thing. It's already somewhat happening really.

Andrew McIntosh

I caught up with a couple of old mates recently who I knew from the anarchist days who are still as left wing as they come, and I found talking to them remarkably easy because they also see the left in decline and recognise it. That might be, though, because they are older and more from a union-left kind of background. At least the oldest of them is and told me that he's been to union meetings with new, young types just out of university talking to groups of grizzled workers who have no idea what the hell they're saying. The past couple of decades has seen the left disappear up its own arse, leaving behind too many people who would normally accept its messages.

The right won the economic war, the only war that mattered. The cultural squabbling is just so much bullshit. Alt-right dickheads versus "progressives"? I don't give a shit, I'm gonna die starving in a gutter. I'll still post here for a good old smirk until then.

Fuck, I wish the times got boring.
Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

"Like I said to a fellow traveller based in Australia regarding the protests after the US election, they are as square as a Bob Hope concert in the late 60's. That's what they've allowed themselves to become. Square and reactionary". quote from martin unrest

protesters also appear largely young/student and having seen footage on TV this am was wondering how much college 'safe space' and 'no
platforming' means that these people just cannot deal with anything contrary to their experience (and usually from the real world outside of college) similar to uk with those wishing the 'brevity' vote away.

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 09, 2016, 07:40:15 PM
What is a "snag"?

http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/09/leftist-students-shouted-fck-you-bitch-a

re reason.con
eventually spastic gaylords will protest against themselves and stay indoors afraid of their own thoughts.