PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyestrain

Quote from: RyanWreck on August 05, 2013, 06:45:21 PM
Quote from: eyestrain on August 05, 2013, 11:11:30 AM
Haven't given Wince the time of day yet...unless he was on United States Bestial Forces, but that's a hard thing to know hah. Time to invest a little bit. Thanks!

Yes! Yes, you should definitely invest in some Wince. His label, White Centipede Noise, had unlimited releases so you can probably still snatch up "Vasovagal Syncope", the split with Grain Belt (he's in that unit as well, and you should look into them while you're at it; HN heavily focused on junk/metal abuse) and his S/T tape. He did stop doing unlimited releases awhile back, though, but I wouldn't doubt if he still had some. I did an interview with him a few years back at my blog if you're interested:
http://purestench.blogspot.com/2011/03/interview-white-centipede-noise.html

I also did one, more recently than the WCN interview, with Skeleton Dust/Developer:
http://purestench.blogspot.com/2012/05/label-interview-skeleton-dust.html

Another good Harsh Noise project I've been really into is Nematomorpha. Add them to your list of HN to check out.

Got a stack of Wince items today - can't wait. Did read the (great) reviews in the past. Nematomorpha in due time once I can focus on all this great HN I'm being exposed to lately. Glad to see it all in discussion so much.

bitewerksMTB

Been in a mood for metal the last few days so listened to:

Teitanblood, Impetuous Ritual, Katharsis

I'm waiting for recent LPs by Martire & Morbosidad to show up from NWN! Prod.

FreakAnimalFinland

PRURIENT "Golden Swastika" tape
2007 gig only release for the Ramleh show in NYC. Naturally ridiculously limited to hand numbered 19 copies. But this time there is actually 30 minutes of noise, and large A4 size folded cover + A5 size booklet and then tape in regular case with full color covers. Style is like tribute to early Ramleh. Utterly primitive feedback manipulations and vocals. Mixing nazi mythology and gay sex in same package. It's not very far from his mid 2000's era recordings really, but just much more nastier sound. I think one could actually play this to someone and say it's Xenophobic Ejaculation and wouldn't be surprise if they believed. Disturbing frequencies, broken and "unfinished" roughness. Another example how some of the nicest Prurient works appear on releases you simply can't find anywhere...

V/A "C-4" 4x tape
Spastik Soniks
Hydra relies on effective crushing loops. One side explosions and humming synth, one side spoken word cuts metal banging loop and noise.
Death Squad offers very minimal high tone electronics and documentary dialogue of middle east bombings. Hamas etc.
Stimbox is heavy as fuck slow paced electronic noise. It's not as assaulting as his best works, but ultra distorted, rumbling heaviness which may be additionally saturated in all-at-max dubbing.
MSBR is among the best MSBR sounds?! Thick, extremely loud and heavy, yet textured noised has plenty of detail. MSBR and Stimbox are pretty much longer piece divided to two sides, while DS and Hydra have two distinctive tracks.
While I've criticized short tape compilations, this is certainly a conceptually justified. Four C-4 (yes, 4 mins) tapes in box. Good stuff. Nice packaging & booklet. Published in 1998, but I guess most stuff dates couple years earlier.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

ICHOROUS / BROKEN DIODE split tape
Cipher
What?! Already 2007?! I'm not entirely sure whether the pile where tape was located was the ones that need to be listened for the first time or the pile where good new arrivals that need to be listened more. This "new arrival" nevertheless is about 5 years old. Meanwhile Broken Diode changed name to Human Larvae and Ichorous have appeared to slow his pace of new releases.
Ichorous is very nice. Heavy pedal noise, most certainly has to be highly influenced by mid 2000's USA harsh noise (a'la LHD, Cherry Point, etc) but also hints of power of Japanese noise. Only minor thing is my own wish to hear a bit more of original source sound than just the pedal rumble. Some vocals are here and there, yet mostly appears like shakebox harsh noise. Good stuff nevertheless!
Broken Diode wasn't too good name for project, but his noise was top notch already then! Starts with distorted harmonic noise tones and samples, could be quite close to Grey Wolves on War Against Society, but soon layers of hectic and well done noise starts to arrive and eventually crush everything else under it. High energy works that certainly stands out in Germany where harsh noise doesn't appear to be made too often?
Layout done by Ichorous is very dull. Abstract computer mess and lame typography and design... Unfortunately!

MANIA "Isolation is lonely murder" tape
Bitewerks
Another 2007 release that at the time felt weird that Dilloway would contribute into this kind of vile noise release?! Two side long pieces of bass-heavy crunchy noises in well known Mania style. It operates somewhere between death industrial kind of gloomy bassy slow paced suffocation, yet has the crunchy and free flowing edge of harsh noise and feedback & vocal elements of power electronics. Despite elements are quite similar in most of Mania recordings, I believe this is project that has improved since beginning. After recent masterworks he has presented, this tape ain't standing out. It's good, but hardly as good as latest works!

andy vomit

LIGATURE IMPRESSION - demonstration
ANEMONE TUBE - the transfiguration of the image
COIL - love's secret domain
COIL - stolen and contaminated songs
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

FreakAnimalFinland

Huh!!
NYODENE D "atop masada" tape
Most definitely among best new tape releases in industrial / pe category! I guess I just recently mentioned how project is improving and how especially tape format seems to contribute to this. First track is very dark and sinister sounding with nearly sung vocals over gloomy slow motion PE/noise track. B-side with great tonality of some sorts of horns or pipes etc.  I guess I would have to move the recent CD releases closer to CD player to check out what he now does in CD format.

bitewerksMTB

The way Dilloway came to contribute was he told me he had a synth that had white, pink, & brown noise so when I asked "what the hell is brown noise?", he sent me a cd-r so I used it.

I rather like "I.I.L.M." quite a bit. It'd probably be a good one to reissue one of these years on cd.

Dr Alex

Death In June ‎– The Guilty Have No Pride cd+dvd
Death In June ‎– Burial cd
Death In June ‎– "Nada!" cd
Death In June ‎– The World That Summer cd
Death In June ‎– The Wall Of Sacrifice cd
Death In June ‎– But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter? cd
Death In June ‎– Rose Clouds Of Holocaust cd
Death In June ‎– Operation Hummingbird lp
Death In June ‎– The Rule Of Thirds cd
Death In June ‎– Peaceful Snow / The Maverick Chamber 7"
Death In June & Boyd Rice ‎– Alarm Agents cd

Death In June day!!

burdizzo

Wow! I'm lucky if I listen to one or two CDs in a day! Where do you get all that time?!!

MT

Kêres - In Impenetrable Darkness tape
Kêres - To the Cold Moon tape
Kêres - The Wanderer's Path Demo XX tape

Excellent black metal for darkening summer nights.

ConcreteMascara

Uncodified & Wertham - Vindicta I CD - oh yes. A nice mix of physical sounds and electronic sounds. Very high level of craftsmanship. I'm figuring out that Wertham is one of the most reliable guys in the scene when it comes to quality works. Haven't heard anything I don't like. This album reminds me a lot of Memories from the Pigsty. Recommended!

and like many other people lately, listening to a lot of metal.
Portal - Vexovoid LP
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest 2xLP, Infernal Storm CD
Disma - Towards The Megalith CD
Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations LP
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

moozz

Quote from: RyanWreck on August 03, 2013, 12:20:26 AM

These guys also worshipped Repulsion so they made a ripper of an album that is so obvious in its influences that at times it sounds like it could be Repulsion's long lost demo tapes. It's catchy yet heavy and somewhat raw and leans just a tiny, tiny bit more towards Death Metal than Repulsion did, kind of in the vein of Terrorizer's "World Downfall". A+ shit.

Nice to see someone else appreciating this as much as I do. Truly a great death/grind release. The follow-up The Art Of Death was also very good. Any idea if the new album (released a couple of years ago) is worth checking out?

bitewerksMTB

I recognize the Atrocity logo but do not remember anything from them. The one song I just listened to reminded me of a more death metally Repulsion.

Listened to Necros Christos "Trivne Impvrity Rites" 2LP last night.

eyestrain

Wince Wince (White Centipede Noise): Hell yes! Thanks for the tip Ryan. This is just what I wanted. Harsh noise served best with the speakers in the house turned up so loud you can feel it in the floor 100 feet away. This tape has some very tasty passages of almost subtle feedback that I really loved. When it blasts it blasts, but there's really a sense of composition and restraint as well, which caught me off guard.

Wince Vasovagal Syncope (White Centipede Noise): A less "pleasant" approach on this one. More harsh, grating, high-end noise. This makes much sense of Wince's inclusion on Nyrkki & Kyrpä II. Definitely a more straight-forward, and excellent, approach on this one. A "hi-fi" Bizarre Uproar... Great simple aesthetic on all the White Centipede releases I've seen thus far.

Wince Mushed Down Retardation (Joy De Vivre): Add this to the list "Everything I've Heard On Joy De Vivre is awesome". Starts off quite hectic (that's a positive), with many layers of seemingly contradictory sounds all flopping atop one another. Something quite different than the big muffing on Vasovagal Syncope. All-in-all a much more varied approach than the two releases above, which I enjoy far more. I hope the track title on the A-side means gang assault WITH hornet killer and not a collaboration with someone named Hornet Killer. Love the cynical laughter hidden in the mix. Fuckin' A...

Baculum/Being/Paranoid Time/Wince Split & Collaborations (N/A): I think that if you are familiar with these four acts, you can hear it already. A fantastic listen and love that there are collaborations and not just solo tracks involved.

Tourette Cendrier Du Voyage (Foyer Second): Holy shit this cassette is awesome! Loved Brûle Mon Ame, Broie Mon Corps; Remodèle-Moi A L'image D'un Chien, but this takes B. Clement's fantastic project to a whole new level. Reminds in certain ways of more recent Blodvite and Sewer Election works or even some of the tracks on the Sonno Ferrum cassette. This doesn't feature the same elements I'm familiar with from his past two discs. Less sampling/cut-ups and more contact mic, (field recording?)...."harsh electro-acoustic collages" as the man said himself. There are those moments of, for lack of a better description, easy-listening feedback that are common in Tourette's work, but it's also juxtaposed with some intense moodiness that no past release has really captured. There's also some moments of crucial 90's feedback purity, but this is still embellished with the sounds that make this release unique. Highly recommended near-hour of pure pleasure.

V/A Summer Scum 2013 (N/A): Trying so hard to make my way through this with focus, but it's next to impossible. Thus far, some points of enjoyment, but many of "meh...". Would help to be more familiar with these acts.

Der Stürmer Himmelstürmer (from forthcoming 7" on Breath Of Pestilence): http://youtu.be/ofh-WstY2ro --- You must know what to expect by now... Also a split with Wehrhammer coming out on BoP as well. Can't wait!

Evoken Atra Mors (Profound Lore): Finally got the vinyl treatment; now if only they'll add Antithesis Of Light and Quietus to the list. I didn't feel anything from the split with Beneath The Frozen Soil, and still don't, but Atra Mors is a killer from start to finish. There are of course the blatant dISEMBOWELMENT vibes as always, but they've also tapped into their death metal past a bit - without at all sounding retro, thank goodness. Aside from the perfect piano interlude, there's nothing from left field. Y'know, it's sorta like the Stürm, you must know what to expect by now. In this case, world class funeral-doom from true masters.

Panic Panic (Bridge Nine): Lynch me if you must, but this is easily the best 21st century piece of hardcore wax I can think of. Believe I was in the 10th grade when this was released and arrived on my doorstep and I still get amped like I did then when I hear "Into The Reasons". F-u-c-k.

Just saw that The Crypt re-released Nuclear Death's Bride Of Insect and Carrion For Worm as a 4x12" (a bit excessive?!) --- do want!!