PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Waiting to get some MS30 : T.I.A.  2xlp...

That Candor Chasma CD is real goodie. See my full review in SI#8. I have absolutely no clue what kind of attention the project is getting, but out of entire OEC output of 2012, certainly most interesting release! I don't think I have sold more than 1 so far, but merely having item like this in stock - is satisfying enough, hah!

Listening John Duncan / Z'Ev / Michael Esposito LP. Sometimes gets so quiet, I get slightly annoyed, but luckily damn well cut vinyl with non-existent surface noises so it works out.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

tiny_tove

Regarding Candor Chasma, This project caught me by surprise.
I really appreciate their past projects (TAC have been probably one of the most important Italian experimental project in the 90's) but this sounds better than anything I heard of them and I keep listening to it.

I also enjoyed the Ballard project that involves them and Becuzzi (Limbo), although a bit different than this.

I am listening new BRETHREN and it is a complete masterpiece and probably the best PE record I have listened in a long time. I have never been a huge fan, I have always appreciated more the side projects, but this is a complete bomb and any track sounds like actual "songs"... Tracks like Revolutionary spirit and Body politic are instant classic. Voices are perfect and stand out so do the minimal drumming that leads to old school industrial.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Levas

Grizzly Imploded - Dance of Particles - the packaging is very nice looking. the content is quite average. it says something about Italian avangarde or so, but it sounds like some sort of free improv jams. maybe this is that avangarde, but i'm not impressed.

Flesh Coffin - False memories - far from the best material of his.

Selfish Implosions - a vulgar display of power - decent noise

Regress - God made one thousand slaves - this is somewhere in between noise and post-rock I think. It was rather interesting to listen to. especially B side.

Hal Hutchinson / Mutant Ape
- nice, warm and filthy noise.

Funeral mongoloids / Plagued Braces - truly good noisecore/noise. enjoyable.

Reactive Identity - Culture Confusion
- listened to it but i don't remember it being too good or too bad.

andy vomit

BRETHREN - alienated and radicalized

really, really great.  i'm loving the use of percussion and the more "song like" structure, very reminiscent of "zionist axiom", which is probably my favorite thing he's done.

also gonna be digging into new GRUNT, NICOLE 12, DEATH JENK, and STAALKRACHT soon.  haven't gotten around to listening just yet.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Levas

Bizarre Uproar - rape africa - this is perhaps the best record of the latest FA/FV batch. different, darker, even more aggressive BU. just simply excellent.

Jazz Hijokaidan - Made in Japan and Hijokaidan - Made in Studio - despite rather high prices and the fact that i am not into all this free jazz stuff, these two discs somehow got me. this is something new for me, but intensity of the record is simply awesome. enjoyed.

Clinic of Torture - Live Sadism - it truly delivers what it promises. very good

Grunt - Dance for the genocide... tape. i was wondering why was so many people cheering about the grunt performance in London. not that i would doubt it was good, but simply too many different people were repeating the same thing and after listening to this tape, it's obviouse. these were truly fantastic shows and this tape is very good documentation of it. recommended.

Concrete Cunt - Betonkut + chained cunt bcard - somehow i was not sure that i will be enjoying this. perhaps mainly because of the visuals and names, but the sounds are very nice. strong and dense hn/hnw

Kropsregler - Brod - i think this is my favourite fromt he last strange rules batch.

rosensort - rostov oblast - also nice to listen to

Burial Hex - s/t - rereleased material from SNSE LP. there isn't nothing much to say about it. dark and good industrial/noise. as burial hex is.

that new brise-cult batch is nice. +dog+ tape is decent noise, 886vg & scant intone is my number one though there are weird silent pauses that seems like the problem with dubbing and Being tape, though it was praised by the label, somehow i couldn't find the edges that i would like about it. rather weak. but the dubs are loud and sounding very nicely

Ashmonger

Quote from: Levas on October 20, 2012, 12:59:42 PMConcrete Cunt - Betonkut + chained cunt bcard - somehow i was not sure that i will be enjoying this. perhaps mainly because of the visuals and names, but the sounds are very nice. strong and dense hn/hnw
Thanks, glad you liked it!

Rusalka - Perpetual Repetition in the Forbidden Conduit (C20, Skeleton Dust Recordings): This is interesting, on the surface it sounds more or less like hnw, but behind this there's quite some variation, which makes it nice. I like the A-side more than the B-side.

Baculum/Being/Paranoid Time/Wince (2xC40, label?): First tape has 1 track from each artist. The Being and Wince tracks are good, but I'm not too fond of the Paranoid Time and Baculum tracks. The second tape has collaboration mixes, in general I liked this tape better, though the whole package still needs some repeated listens.

nidding

Quote from: Levas on October 20, 2012, 12:59:42 PM
Kropsregler - Brod - i think this is my favourite fromt he last strange rules batch.

rosensort - rostov oblast - also nice to listen to

Both of them came out on a new Danish label called Rosensort (not Strange Rules) - and Rostov Oblast is actually by a group called Body League. Just a friendly "public service announcement".

Levas

Ah yes. Thanx for correction. My bad for not looking more carefully

Ritual

Dieter Müh "Heterodoxie" LP (Verlautbarung)
Great, introspective industrial music. Varied sounds ranging from heavy, abrasive rhythmic loops to more droney stuff. The first track is a bit weak, despite its unusal and rather nice balalaika melody. Nice in a muzak kind of way, but doesn't really give me much. The rest of the material, though, more than makes up for the slow start.

Etat Brut "Mutations et Prothèses" LP (Sub Rosa)
Obscure classic! Murky, primitive industrial. Total greatness! I'm very happy this has been made available again.

Vivenza "Veriti Plastici" LP (Rotorelief)
I don't share Vivenza's obessive futurism, but I really enjoy his looped machine sounds and the sterile, mechanic atmospheres they build up. I hate the thick, slightly too big LP covers these reissues come in, though. Sure, they look very nice and glossy, but you have to use force to get the record in or out of it. And they don't fit inside most plastic protective sleeves either.

Grunt "Dance for the Genocide" tape (Freak Animal)
Massive and devastating. Great live recordings, especially the London one. Makes me very excited for the new album and for the Stockholm live performance later this year.

RyanWreck

Started out today with some Sexfactor, wrote a large review about it on the Stench. The past hour and a half I have been spinning nothing but the 3 Funeral Mongoloids albums I own and listening to Axnaar ‎– "Anart", more noisy as fuck basement Metal fueled Punk.

online prowler

Mörder Machine - Death show.
Maurizio Bianchi - Endometrio.
Atrax Morgue - New York Ripper.
Vangelis - Blade runner ST.
Eraserhead - ST.

bitewerksMTB

Poison Idea "The Fatal Erection Years" LP; great having "Record Collectors" + the "Cleanse the Bacteria" comp tracks on one side (love "I Gotta Right"! Wish I'd never sold that comp)

ConcreteMascara

Orquere - Foundations CD - can't really add anything to what's already been said. good stuff

Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa CD - I think this an improvement of the Viha & Kiima material. Honestly sounds really nice on CD.

Vatican Shadow - September Cell 12" - didn't really click with me at first but after a few repeated listens yesterday I'm more convinced. Definite "Amber" era Autechre vibes, especially on the b-side. I'd be willing to say this has more of a sci-fi vibe than middle eastern, and that works for me.

Schizolectric / Annechoic - Time Capture LP - very nice electro. like some cross between John Caprenter and Drexciya.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Holy crap, just received 12 Lust Vessel/Stiff Sanctorum tapes! Plus reiss of Libertinage "Quick Cum" (I have copies for those in the US/Canada). Haven't started listening yet so this doesn't belong here...

Played "The Fatal Erection Years" again.

andy vomit

GRUNT - world draped in a camouflage
DEATH JENK - self titled
BIZARRE UPROAR - rape africa

GRUNT disc is really great.  lots of varying styles, but it all works well together. 
BU disc is fantastic, probably my favorite release from the project so far.  my only complaint (and it's minor) is that i wish the vocals were mixed a bit louder.   
DEATH JENK ... i'm very, very picky about straight harsh noise, but this is exactly how harsh noise should sound.  i'm happy to say that i was in the room with the group when the two studio tracks were recorded two or so years ago.  i'd always wondered if they'd ever release it, because it was one of the most brutal performances i'd ever heard.  i'm so glad it's finally out.  essential work.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com