Fuzz Pedal Appreciation

Started by jdumpster424, November 24, 2023, 06:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdumpster424

Where's all my fuzz freaks at? When it comes to effects pedals, my all time favorite variety is the fuzz pedal. I find noise that utilizes lots of fuzz to be some of my favorite noise. I much prefer the noises you can get from using fuzz pedals than any sort of distortion or overdrive. So what's your favorite pedal? What noise artists do you believe utilize fuzz well? Do you prefer fuzz, distortion, or overdrive? What kind of fuzz do you like the most? Do you get it on the germanium versus silicon debate? What are some fuzz pedals that you would love to own that you don't already? That's just a few questions for this thread. If you can, please post a pic of your fuzz collection or your favorite fuzz pedal.

Since I don't know if the picture I inserted is going to post, here is a list of my fuzz collection:
Black Russian Big Muff, Green Russian Big Muff Reissue, JHS 3 Series Fuzz, Teisco Octave Fuzz, Keeley Fuzz Bender, Behringer Super Fuzz, DOD Classic Fuzz, Death By Audio Absolute Destruction.

And yes I consider the Big Muff a fuzz- idk how you couldn't. I find it funny when pedal companies call their fuzz pedals distortion, as as in the case of the Muff, as well as the Absolute Destruction by Death by Audio. Out of all the fuzzes in my collection, the Absolute Destruction is easily the gnarliest in terms of how it obliterates sound but it can be hard to work with, and at times a one trick pony when using it for noise. Death by Audio makes some really crazy pedals, and i hope to own a couple more of theirs' in the near future. If you asked me what was my favorite pedal off the top of my head I would probably tell you the Big Muff. I'm absolutely obsessed with the Muff in all its versions. As well as making harsh noise, i also play bass guitar so of course I gravitate most to the Green and Black Russians because they have the most low end out of all the Muffs. I sold my Op-Amp Reissue Muff a few months back which I regret so II'll be buying a replacement soon, as well as the Ram's Head Reissue. The fairly recent reissues sound great but I would love to one day own an original Green Russian Muff for its aesthetic value.

My favorite out of my current collection is probably either the Keeley Fuzz Bender or the JHS Fuzz because I LOVE the sputtery glitchy type fuzz noise. JHS puts out alot of great fuzz pedals. I want to own a few of the ones they put out in their Legends of Fuzz, such as the Supreme, and the Bender. But yeah... fuzz pedals... whaddya think?

mouthofinfinity

Absolute Destruction is always somewhere in my setup. I have a clone of the Fairfield Circuitry Unpleasant Surprise that I use somewhat often.

Stipsi

Shin ei fuzz wha.
Hyper fuzz boss.
Roland double beat fuzz wha.
I love fuzz wha.
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

Confuzzled

Rainger FX Chop Fuzzz
Idiot Box effects Garglactic Blaster.

Both are unique and insane.

Cementimental

Behringer Super Fuzz (tho I most often use it in Boost Mode)

Ibanez FZ7 (any fuzz with a 'DAMAGE' switch you know is gonna be good) (sadly mine broke need a new one but pedal prices got stupid :( )

the DIY fuzz I made that's four X this circuit in a row, built with random components that were to hand, with no controls other than a bypass switch - https://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html

tiny_tove

Quote from: Confuzzled on November 28, 2023, 06:46:04 PMRainger FX Chop Fuzzz

KING OF NEW BREED OF FUZZZZZes
I think any guitar would sound shit with this
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Abused Corpse

Behringer Super Fuzz FUZZ 2 mode!
I would like to rehouse mine into metal someday

U235

I've just picked up a second-hand Dreadbox Disorder, a fuzz with a very good quality, aggressive resonant filter.

tiny_tove

another fuzz I worship is the BOSS HYPER FUZZ fz-2, suggested back when I was not hearing impaired by mr Unrest :))) Hail to thee Martin
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

U235

If I've understood correctly what I've read on the net, the Behringer Super Fuzz pedal is a clone of the Boss Hyper Fuzz Fz-2. Has anyone been able to check the sound between the 2? The Boss is quite expensive second hand unlike the Behringer new.

Cementimental

Quote from: U235 on December 10, 2023, 01:04:44 AMIf I've understood correctly what I've read on the net, the Behringer Super Fuzz pedal is a clone of the Boss Hyper Fuzz Fz-2. Has anyone been able to check the sound between the 2? The Boss is quite expensive second hand unlike the Behringer new.

Guitar nerds definitively say online that it's exactly the same but the behringer sounds slightly better (has a lower noise floor)

U235

Quote from: Cementimental on December 13, 2023, 11:58:14 PM
Quote from: U235 on December 10, 2023, 01:04:44 AMIf I've understood correctly what I've read on the net, the Behringer Super Fuzz pedal is a clone of the Boss Hyper Fuzz Fz-2. Has anyone been able to check the sound between the 2? The Boss is quite expensive second hand unlike the Behringer new.

Guitar nerds definitively say online that it's exactly the same but the behringer sounds slightly better (has a lower noise floor)

Ok thanks for your reply and the information

MALAISE57

I find behringer's super fuzz to make my recordings too harsh, especially on the actually "fuzz" settings (both of them.) But i am looking for a softer fuzz, since the super fuzz is a bit too super for me.