Freak Animal International compilation series

Started by Krigsverk, June 25, 2024, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krigsverk

Let´s discuss the somewhat secret and obscure series of CD-compilations that come with orders from FA... I have not managed to get them all (I think Volume 4 just dropped?) In style they are a bit like Terässinfonia series but do not exclusively contain finnish music.

Currently spinning Volume 3 that starts off very dark and classic industrial with a long track my Murderous Vision, but then goes into PE/noise territory with Sadio, Makt and BLJ. Kind of an overall dark vibe here, even though the material is quite diverse.

FreakAnimalFinland

#4 is not out yet. Material is ready, but not pressed. Currently #3 is included with all orders placed to FA.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RURAL RESISTANCE

Just a random observation, but I think the Nostoväki songs on Freak Animal International Vol. 2 were even better than the ones on the debut cassette. It's hard to rationalize why I feel that way, but maybe there is more punch in terms of intensity on the first compilation track than the opening on the tape. The second song on the compilation is more atmospheric, but just as tasty. Or then it has to do with one's expectations: Strong compilation tracks that came "out of nowhere" vs. debut tape of a project that could be anticipated some time in advance.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Both vol. I and II are really well-curated. The sequencing of the artists and tracks on Vol. I in particular is really strong.

I never knew Tryptich or Nostoväki and both were some of my favorite tracks on either comp. Ordered the Nostoväki tape soon after.

Vol. III should be arriving soon along with the new Dead Body Love reissues and I can't wait. Especially knowing there is a new BLJ track on it...

Cranial Blast

Quote from: RURAL RESISTANCE on June 25, 2024, 10:00:03 PMJust a random observation, but I think the Nostoväki songs on Freak Animal International Vol. 2 were even better than the ones on the debut cassette. It's hard to rationalize why I feel that way, but maybe there is more punch in terms of intensity on the first compilation track than the opening on the tape. The second song on the compilation is more atmospheric, but just as tasty. Or then it has to do with one's expectations: Strong compilation tracks that came "out of nowhere" vs. debut tape of a project that could be anticipated some time in advance.

I definitely agree with you! Those Nostoväki tracks on the comp are definitely some hard hitters indeed! Nostoväki has been an interesting project, definitely one to pay close attention to.

Stipsi

Quote from: Fistfuck Masonanie on June 26, 2024, 03:37:03 AMBoth vol. I and II are really well-curated. The sequencing of the artists and tracks on Vol. I in particular is really strong.

I never knew Tryptich or Nostoväki and both were some of my favorite tracks on either comp. Ordered the Nostoväki tape soon after.

Vol. III should be arriving soon along with the new Dead Body Love reissues and I can't wait. Especially knowing there is a new BLJ track on it...

Tryptich is a great underrated project
North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

dse666@yahoo.com

Manhog_84

Quote from: RURAL RESISTANCE on June 25, 2024, 10:00:03 PMJust a random observation, but I think the Nostoväki songs on Freak Animal International Vol. 2 were even better than the ones on the debut cassette. It's hard to rationalize why I feel that way, but maybe there is more punch in terms of intensity on the first compilation track than the opening on the tape. The second song on the compilation is more atmospheric, but just as tasty. Or then it has to do with one's expectations: Strong compilation tracks that came "out of nowhere" vs. debut tape of a project that could be anticipated some time in advance.

Same, I think they are stronger, although the tape was good as well. Ace title/lyrics "Jotkut Henkilöt On Vain Hävitettävä Yhteiskunnasta". Kaarna's distinctive touch is clear with sounds and themes. That combined with heavier electronics makes this project feel original and stand out from the crowd.

FreakAnimalFinland

Nostoväki tape is the debut recording, compilation tracks were done after that. So let's hope next recording is even better!

Idea of comp was to have international line-up, but not only that, but something new, someone "well known", etc. 4th will be solid harsh noise disc, Finns teaming with international veterans of the genre.  5th.. we'll see.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net