Purchase List

Started by Otomo_Hava, May 24, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Part I of my August purchases. Let's call it "Shine On You Crazy August":

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (Harvest - SHDW 1/2)
Pink Floyd - Soundtrack From The Film "More" (Columbia - 1C 062-04096, EMI - 1C 062-04096)
Pink Floyd - Meddle (Harvest - SHVL 795, EMI - SHVL 795)
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds (Harvest - 1C 072-05 054, EMI Electrola - 1C 072-05 054)
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (Harvest - SHVL 804, EMI - 50999 029876 1 3)
Pink Floyd - Animals (Harvest - SHVL 815, Harvest - 0C 064-98 434)

Most of these are originals with the exception of "Dark Side Of The Moon" which is an UK & EU pressing from 2011. I'm clad to say that now I have nearly all Pink Floyd records, fills a huge gap in my collection.

andy vomit

i picked up original pressings of "meddle" and "animals" for $0.50 a piece at a thrift shop ... best dollar i ever spent!
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Dr Alex on August 09, 2013, 03:49:07 PM
Great purchase!!
I have all Pink Floyd on LPs except The Division Bell.

Wow, amazing collection! I'm still missing the first two albums but I'm not sure whether I buy "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" at all since it sounds too "regular" for me (...and now all Syd fans hates me).

Quote from: andy vomit on August 09, 2013, 04:21:21 PM
i picked up original pressings of "meddle" and "animals" for $0.50 a piece at a thrift shop ... best dollar i ever spent!

What a bargain, lucky you! I paid approximately 9€ per record but luckily the wax is flawless on every record, only some signs of wear on the covers.

andy vomit

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on August 09, 2013, 05:11:47 PM
What a bargain, lucky you! I paid approximately 9€ per record but luckily the wax is flawless on every record, only some signs of wear on the covers.

the wax on mine is fine, some clicks and pops but i feel that only adds to the listening experience....  hearing "echoes" on wax that was pressed 45+ years ago is just too perfect.  the covers, though, are a bit worn.  doesn't matter to me, though..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: andy vomit on August 09, 2013, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on August 09, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

the wax on mine is fine, some clicks and pops but i feel that only adds to the listening experience....  hearing "echoes" on wax that was pressed 45+ years ago is just too perfect.  the covers, though, are a bit worn.  doesn't matter to me, though..

I completely agree with you. When it comes to older records, the little surface noises makes the whole listening experience a lot more exiting. "Meddle" must be my favorite Floyd record and yes, "Echoes" sounds amazing on old wax. "Echoes from the past".

Scat-O-Logy

^Impressive selection of DI6 discs! Never paid too much attention to their material. Not for me, I guess...

Anyway, here's what I got today:

Fleshpress was quite good, especially in the more atmospheric parts, wasn't too fond on the scream(o?) type vocals though. Faust, on the other hand, is amazing. Great freaky scheiße. Got the Heinz Hopf CD from Matthias for amazingly cheap price, thanks again Matt, wherever you are!!!

squezey

I recently started collection noise stuff since I can now use paypal and discogs. None of my CD's I ordered have come in yet but I did get a bunch of tapes. I got/ordered

cassette
- Flowerday - Une Émeute Pour Le Boer Décadente
- Flowerday - Girl On Film
- Flowerday - Snuff Victim
- Waves Crashing Piano Chords & Tanner Garza - de Sade
- Boar - Teen Cribs
- Crucifix Eye - Yokai
- Vomir / Crucifix Eye - Split
- Vomir / Ekunhaashaastaack -Split
- Vomir - Untitled (Prairie Fire - PF-011) 2010
- Vomir - Untitled (Forever Escaping Boredom - FEB-020) 2012
- Oko - 5730±40

CD (none of which have been delivered yet)
- Sewer Election - Kassettmusik
- Sewer Election - Sex / Death
- The Cherry Point - Night Of The Bloody Tapes
- Treriksröset - Sexregler
- Extreme Chafing - Sand In My Crack

I think this is a decent start to getting serious with my noise/power electronics collecting. 

Dr Alex

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on August 12, 2013, 06:53:46 PM
^Impressive selection of DI6 discs!

Thanx man. I'm lucky because I get all that DI6 cds from my friend. He lost interest in them so I get it all. So happy with that beauty!!

Scat-O-Logy

^What's the one next to Brume CS? Looks tempting... How about the CS next to Trepaneringsritualen CDs with red print on it?

Got these within this week:

Decided to start my Morricone collection with some giallo soundtracks and Exorcist II.

Ennio Morricone - Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Per Bene (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Dagored - Red 106-1)
Ennio Morricone - Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Dagored - Red 110-1)
Ennio Morricone - 4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio (Dagored - RED 139-1)
Ennio Morricone - Il Diavolo Nel Cervello (Dagored - Red 135-1)
Ennio Morricone - Exorcist II: The Heretic (Warner Bros. Records - BS 3068)

fin de siècle

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on August 15, 2013, 05:34:06 PM
^What's the one next to Brume CS? Looks tempting...

Praying for Oblivion 3"CDR (L. White Records)

How about the CS next to Trepaneringsritualen CDs with red print on it?

N. / :m: - Philosophy in the Morgue (Danvers State Recordings)

bitewerksMTB

The E.M. LPs are awesome. I only have a couple of comp cd's of his spaghetti western music. I really wish I'd picked up soundtrack LPs years ago when prices were not so high & they were easier to find but I was more interested in industrial/noise..

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: fin de siècle on August 15, 2013, 06:22:02 PM
^What's the one next to Brume CS? Looks tempting...

Praying for Oblivion 3"CDR (L. White Records)

How about the CS next to Trepaneringsritualen CDs with red print on it?

N. / :m: - Philosophy in the Morgue (Danvers State Recordings)
Thanks! For some strange reason I thought that N. isn't active anymore but just checked his Discogs and seems like he has bunch of other releases in addition to his Slaughter tapes. Hmm...

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on August 15, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
The E.M. LPs are awesome. I only have a couple of comp cd's of his spaghetti western music. I really wish I'd picked up soundtrack LPs years ago when prices were not so high & they were easier to find but I was more interested in industrial/noise..
I have the same problem, not just with soundtracks but with records in general. I have followed industrial/noise scene very intensively for the last couple of years and in the meantime missed bunch of mandatory releases from other genres. I guess from now on I'll start to follow other genres as well. Some Goblin records on their way as well...