MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

Started by bitewerksMTB, December 29, 2013, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 05, 2016, 10:12:48 PMAnxiously waiting for Tony Ferguson to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Fucking hell!!! http://uk.ufc.com/news/Ferguson-Injured-Out-of-FOX-Fight

Now both of my most awaited fights have been scrapped...

Scat-O-Logy

Well, there's gonna be Nunes/Tate fight for the female bantamweight belt on July 9th so that's something to look forward to. Nunes all the way!

Scat-O-Logy

Michael "Dirty Hippie" Chiesa challenging Tony FerGOAT... Man, don't mess with the Boogeyman or you might get spooked.

Scat-O-Logy

Pettis vs Barboza should be entertaining as they both throw some wild kicks. Almost threw the TV out of my window during that fucking Pettis vs Alvarez fight where Alvarez was just pushing Pettis against the cage or laying on top of him for the whole fight. What a bum.

This needs to happen again!

bitewerksMTB

That was Saturday night, right? I know I watched it but now I can't remember if I saw the kick or if I changed channels then never went back to it.

I started on Bellator right after UFC but lost interest quickly. I think I started a movie instead.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 20, 2016, 10:01:43 PM
That was Saturday night, right? I know I watched it but now I can't remember if I saw the kick or if I changed channels then never went back to it.

I started on Bellator right after UFC but lost interest quickly. I think I started a movie instead.

That wheel kick happened back in January 14, 2012. One of the best KO's in UFC history and also one of their most used highlight reel clips.

Last Saturday had some great fights and pretty much all my picks won this time. Sadly we didn't see FerGOAT destroy Nurmagomedov due to Tony's recovery from surgery, instead Nurmagomedov fought another bum and now they're claiming he is #1 in the lw division. Bullshit.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on April 03, 2016, 02:04:27 AM
Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 05, 2016, 10:12:48 PMAlso, Jones and Cormier already started the war of words, gonna be great to see Cormier crying again once he looses the belt to the REAL champ.

Well this fucking sucks... http://www.ufc.com/news/Jones-Saint-Preux-UFC-197-main-event

This will be the main event for UFC 200 on July 9th! The Jones/OSP fight sucked, OSP was just trying to survive and Jones was preserving himself for the big fight (Cormier). Well glad this is happening so soon, hoping the real champ is back.

bitewerksMTB

The new season of The Ultimate Fighter has started & it may be good. I'm watching the first episode now & there have been 3 really good fights in a row. There are two female coaches & they'll have fighters of both sexes on their teams. One fight was a cute half-Brit, half-Thai girl kneeing the shit out of her opponent after barely escaping the first round.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 28, 2016, 03:38:09 AMThe new season of The Ultimate Fighter has started & it may be good. I'm watching the first episode now & there have been 3 really good fights in a row. There are two female coaches & they'll have fighters of both sexes on their teams. One fight was a cute half-Brit, half-Thai girl kneeing the shit out of her opponent after barely escaping the first round.

New episode is up now, thanks for reminder! Gotta check it tonight.

Scat-O-Logy

Not too excited about UFC Fight Night 87. Hoping the Reem takes care of Andrei Arlovski and challenges for the belt later this year. Always nice to see good kickboxers with solid defensive wrestling.

What I AM excited about is UFC 198, especially nice to see Matt Brown fighting again. Shame that he's facing such a skilled BJJ guy... Muay thai guy with strong clinch game doesn't match well with BJJ guy whose main goal is to clinch and take the fight to the ground.

Well, at least Silva/Hall fight should be VERY exciting.

And Cris "Chick with a Dick" Cyborg making her UFC debut... That's one dude I wouldn't fuck with (take it as you will).

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on April 18, 2016, 11:09:30 AM
Michael "Dirty Hippie" Chiesa challenging Tony FerGOAT... Man, don't mess with the Boogeyman or you might get spooked.

Dirty bum got the fight he asked... FerGOAT doesn't back down from a challenge but he shouldn't be fighting #9 ranked nobody as he's already ranked #3 and on a level of champion. Well, now Chiesa is going to get sliced and diced with elbows.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on May 05, 2016, 09:07:33 PMNot too excited about UFC Fight Night 87. Hoping the Reem takes care of Andrei Arlovski...

Reem all the way!

bitewerksMTB

Yesterday's fight was pretty good. The second female fight was one of the highlights. Lots of knees to the tits until one struck her sternum & down she went. Other highlights were the match that resulted in a winner with a nasty broken finger & Overeem's kick to the chin- that kick look textbook perfect!

Next Saturday night is Bellator. I can't remember who is fighting but it struck me as a promising lineup.

Scat-O-Logy

Fuck yeah, Chris "All American Fag" Weidman is out of the rematch with Luke Rockhold. Certainly didn't deserve that fight after being schooled by the new champ.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/michael-bisping/luke-rockhold-and-michael-bisping-agree-to-fight-on-twitter

There was a poll to vote which middleweight should get the fight and honestly all choices sucked... Kinda wanted to see Rockhold beat Weidman's face in one more time.

...and they called it a closely contested fight (lol): https://youtu.be/BbuYtY_hjmU