PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linxtyx

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on August 02, 2011, 04:06:02 PM
Any comments on the new Deutsch Nepal CD on Autarkeia?

Despite the fact that I eight times of ten don't like most of Lina's products this one is simply brilliant, hallucinative and addictive.

SKY BURIAL

Various albums by Carcass & New Model Army.

bogskaggmannen

PESTDEMON "The natural destroyer" TAPE [Utmarken]

Skip the first and last tracks with their pretty dry wallish noise on this tape and go mainly for the impressive second one with its laidback atmosphere and great layering.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: linxtyx on August 02, 2011, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: bogskaggmannen on August 02, 2011, 04:06:02 PM
Any comments on the new Deutsch Nepal CD on Autarkeia?

Despite the fact that I eight times of ten don't like most of Lina's products this one is simply brilliant, hallucinative and addictive.

I mostly like DN when its at most abstract and "ambient" like, but already listened this few times even if being surprised how musical it is. I think I skipped couple latest things, but this has plenty of songs with sung vocals, loop based slow motion songs with melancholic mood. I think there are couple worthless tracks. Short keyboard interlude type of things, which don't add anything. Some tracks appear to have too little variation, just the same loop going on, but there are very good and unique tracks as well.

TNB "first live performance" CD
re-issue as digipak cd. Always good.

Stahlwerk 9 "retromekanik" CD
possibly their best?!?! Great more "pe" / industrial side of the project based on lost/forgotten tracks over the years. Much better than many of the keyboard dominated "ambient" works.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Matthias

Dead Body Love - 10 Luglio 1976 Tape (Terror)
Been on a huge Low-Fi Power Carnage trip recently, but this one feels pretty uninspired and anonymous. Somewhat boring harsh noise here. The poor sound quality takes away some of the pleasure as well.

SKY BURIAL

Minimal Man- The Shroud Of
Minimal Man- Safari
Zoviet France- Shouting At The Ground
Zoviet France- Loh Land
Conrad Schnitzler- Con

Zeno Marx

Quote from: SKY BURIAL on August 06, 2011, 04:03:34 AM
Zoviet France- Shouting At The Ground
Zoviet France- Loh Land
Shouting is my favorite ZF, and Loh Land is likely to be my #2.  Almost impossible consistent call.  Could be almost any of them as I'm listening to them.

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Ancient - Svartalvheim 1994 - some insanely catchy portions, and the drummer is really, really smart with his high-hat choices; 8th & 16th note sensibility like it should be - thought it was just a song or two, but 1st side is full of great parts, and while the 2nd side is clearly lesser, some fine moments are there, too.
3-Way Cum - Killing the Life 1995 - remember really liking this LP a lot, but my memory of what it was like wasn't very close; thought it was more hybridish like Counterblast (not like Counterblast) - crushing, smoking brutality that does have some standout elements when compared to their contemporaries.
Sunday Morning Einsteins - Swedish HC Must Die - Svart Sno and SME never did wrong in my ears.
Contagium - Archaic - solid "B" crust - not crazy about the vocal effects - some HEAVY stuff on this here LP.
Misery - From Where the Sun Never Shines 2011 - Some beautiful, heavy, beautiful riffs on this album. Still have that signature A Flock of Seagulls swirling effect, too. Like the songwriting as well. Wish it was a little thicker on the bottom end and less saturated on the mid-upper end. Want more Gags rumbling, which sometimes does come through loud and clear. Maybe I'm looking for more bottom end definition and power of Gary's kick and Gags' girders.  Maybe their best material since the "Bulldozer" track.
Stone Angel - s/t 1975 - raw, gorgeous Celtic-flavored acoustic folk with nice bass work - a special album - if Modryn and Andrew King came together with a Dead Can Dance backing band caliber group.
Ilitch – Periodikmindtrouble 1978 - 2CD version - I like the 2nd CD even more than the original album - soft, floating guitar and electronic cosmicness - can drag at times because it is so mellow, but that's how it achieves a nice, solid state of being, too; better the longer it goes, as it builds.
Cherubin - Our Sunrise 1974 - all over the place, but nowhere near as poor as The Crack in the Cosmic Egg makes it sound. A little Santana-like Latin percussion in the opening track. "Cracy" sounds like something that could come off a Captain Beyond album. Fair quality cosmic guitar noodling - not a great or unique album, but some lush production and a really satisfying feel to it all - "One Way Ticket" is a nice rural rock track with strong sound.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

SKY BURIAL

Dead Voices on Air- Michael and the Angels Fought demo (forthcoming this fall on Lens Records)
Missing Foundation- 1933
Meathook Seed- Embedded
Cevin Key- The Dragon Experience

HONOR_IS_KING!

IRM - The Cult of The Young Men
Proiekt Hat - IlluZionist
Proiekt Hat - Resolution 3379
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

SKY BURIAL

MJ Harris/ Martyn Bates - Murder Ballads (Drift)
MJ Harris/ Martyn Bates - Murder Ballads (Passages)
Ultravox- Rage In Eden

P-K

Michael Garrison : in the regions of sunreturn & beyond  cd ......warm 1979 synth-prog usually with heavy pumping sequences. very good.....imho sounds better on vinyl :-/

SKY BURIAL

Vice Versa- complete discography (great, raw, early minimal synth band which became ABC)
Coil- The New Backwards
The Soft Moon
Sisters of Mercy- complete singles/eps
Naked Raygun- Jettison

STREETMEAT

John Wiese - GGA
Mania 7"
Whitehouse - cruise
con-dom - holy bible

bitewerksMTB

XE LP- this sucker is excellant esp the track with feedback & 'sieg heil' looped into denser noise & nasty feedback that i thought was a sample of a woman screaming.

SNUFF "II" LP- this is good too but i would like to see XE & Snuff merge into one project covering racial sexual violence as the sounds are all very similiar.

SKY BURIAL

Kommunity FK- Close One Sad Eye
Section25- Key of Dreams