White power?

Started by Deadpriest, November 11, 2015, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko V.

Quote from: burdizzo on November 11, 2015, 07:48:48 PM
What's the difference between pro-white and 'white power'? Personally, I'd shy away from the latter term...

Perhaps one interpretation could be a that pro-white simply refers to preservation of an ethnic group identity. For example ethno-pluralist thought without the racist supremacist hubris of "white power".

Zodiac

Quote from: Salamanauhat on November 11, 2015, 09:16:39 PM
What's the difference between pro-white and 'white power'? Personally, I'd shy away from the latter term...

Perhaps one interpretation could be a that pro-white simply refers to preservation of an ethnic group identity. For example ethno-pluralist thought without the racist supremacist hubris of "white power".

THAT is the answer i could not provide. thank you for that. not much to add on this.
Remember, remember... december.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

burdizzo

Quote from: Staalwaart on November 11, 2015, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: Salamanauhat on November 11, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

THAT is the answer i could not provide. thank you for that. not much to add on this.

Yes, well put.
Someone mentioned FFH on this thread, but I wouldn't think so. Elsewhere, I saw Alberich accused of this, but it was perhaps just someone stirring a pot.
Could we also mention 88MM and Sturmfuhrer? Though Sturmfuhrer is perhaps not firmly enough in 'noise' territory.
Oh, and Black State.

burdizzo

But, sure, a lot of  people do that sort of thing. Sick Seed covered Skrewdriver, didn't they? Con-Dom and The Grey Wolves used a lot of White Power imagery, and seem to be not that way inclined, at all. Genocide Organ have 'White Power Forces', and no one who knows anything has them down as a 'white power band'.
Oh yes, I accept you were equivocal enough about FFH, but I'd never have thought it from their stuff. Perhaps the cover of 'Make Them Understand' could be a bit suggestive, but it's hardly explicit, and I supposed the lad who started this thread was after the explicit stuff.

Zodiac

Quote from: burdizzo on November 11, 2015, 11:28:33 PM
Could we also mention 88MM and Sturmführer? Though Sturmführer is perhaps not firmly enough in 'noise' territory.

I like am both but 88MM´s "Motions Of The Spinning Black Sun" is a fucking masterpiece. Sturmführer is fine too but
for me not nearly in the same league (and the music is quite different of course).

RyanWreck

Quote from: F_c_O on November 11, 2015, 12:25:38 PM
i think you mean deathkey instead of deathpile.

Yea you're right, names are too similar.

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Staalwaart on November 11, 2015, 08:59:56 PM
i think that the closed term "white power" refers to the cultural enviroment and movement the most where it was coined for the first time:
right-wing/racist skinhead movement. if i am not totally mistaken, the origins lies there.

George Lincoln Rockwell of the American Nazi Party coined the term 'white power' during the 1960s inspired by the pro-civil rights slogan Black Power. Two decades later Skrewdriver recorded their first overtly racist record and had White Power as the title, helping to spread the slogan to Europe. Their music was rooted heavily in black-originated rhythm and blues, and they also covered their basic single biggest musical inspiration Chuck Berry but changed the words to Johnny Joined The Klan. Interesting stuff.

I like some of Streicher and The Grey Wolves' music more than anything else mentioned in this thread, and like them as people, and I do not underestimate the sheer depths of human idiocy - neither do those blokes I am sure.

burdizzo

Where I come from "lad" is a general term for any male person, young or old. But, judging by your pic., it might not apply...?!

Zodiac

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on November 12, 2015, 03:52:07 PM
George Lincoln Rockwell of the American Nazi Party coined the term 'white power' during the 1960s inspired by the pro-civil rights slogan Black Power.

Argh.... how could i forget about Rockwell ?? Thank you for this correction of my wrong statement above.

RyanWreck

Quote from: Dr Alex on November 11, 2015, 01:23:02 PM
Quote from: RyanWreck on November 11, 2015, 10:38:54 AM
American Boots ‎– "Lone Wolves, Boot Parties"

Ryan, can you send me rip? Can't find it anywhere.

Sorry, but I don't have a rip of it. Maybe try asking them for the tape yourself (their email is on the scan below)? Although, I doubt they have any left.

Leatherface

About Deathpile in this post, here his point of view:

"Jonathan Canady:

Hmmm. Well I am not racist and never intended any DP songs to be racist. Maybe the extreme (non-racial) misanthropy of songs like "Hate War" was misunderstood? Also the fact I referenced the film "Salo"? Maybe my project with Michael Hensley, Hollow Earth, that used concentration camp photos in the artwork? The photos and album title were not intended to glorify The Holocaust. Racism is stupid and Hitler was an insane asshole. If there's any specific comments about me or Deathpile being racist I'd be happy to answer them directly.

Anyone is free to contact me with questions through Facebook or malsonus.com"

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Leatherface on November 12, 2015, 11:13:06 PM
Racism is stupid and Hitler was an insane asshole

Never enjoyed this guy's music at all. But that statement eloquently says everything that needs to be said.

RyanWreck

Quote from: Leatherface on November 12, 2015, 11:13:06 PM
About Deathpile in this post, here his point of view:

"Jonathan Canady:

Hmmm. Well I am not racist and never intended any DP songs to be racist. Maybe the extreme (non-racial) misanthropy of songs like "Hate War" was misunderstood? Also the fact I referenced the film "Salo"? Maybe my project with Michael Hensley, Hollow Earth, that used concentration camp photos in the artwork? The photos and album title were not intended to glorify The Holocaust. Racism is stupid and Hitler was an insane asshole. If there's any specific comments about me or Deathpile being racist I'd be happy to answer them directly.

Anyone is free to contact me with questions through Facebook or malsonus.com"

Did he just answer this or was this from a past interview?

Funny how by accidentally typing Deathpile instead of Deathkey brought about such a discussion. Oops.

Also, it's always been odd to me how racism always incites and bring such tension no matter what genre, no matter how "extreme". I always thought it was funny how people would be apprehensive about Sotos' writing because he might be racist. Talking about chopping up a little boys penis in a public bathroom with scissors is glazed over without discourse but he says "nigger" and "wetback" and all of a sudden people become worried. Same with holocaust imagery; "please explain this away, I mean you just like.... like it because it's extreme, r-right?"