ULTRA 'Delirious Elaborations' CD boxed set

Started by Dom America, December 01, 2010, 01:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy vomit

however it's packaged, i'm really looking forward to this. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

impulse manslaughter

personally, i do not like the 4xcd jewel cases.. or over the top deluxe packages that are a pain in the ass to shelve..

Dom America

Quote from: KMusselman on February 28, 2013, 12:28:38 AM
As for packaging, how about something like Sophia - The Collected Works 2000 - 2003 on Cyclic Law?

I'm not a fan of oddsize packaging personally, and have gotten rid of almost any release that is in such a package that it can't be filed easily along the other tapes, 7"s or LPs. This includes any 5"/8"/10" releases and certainly any CDs that are not in a square shape. That book looks nice, but is not very practical in my opinion.

Matthias

I think the Pica Disk boxsets are perfect: sturdy and easy to file among other CDs. Nothing too fancy or over the top, just good-looking packaging easy to handle. Though more important than the actual shape of the box would be any extras. Flyers, photos etc is of course great, but liner notes, interviews, any written material basically, is what I'm looking for the most in a release like this.

Dom America

I agree, unfortunately there is not much of that when it comes to Ultra. I do have some old promotional fliers and artwork from the era that I will be incorporating.

THE RITA HN

QuoteI do have some old promotional fliers and artwork from the era that I will be incorporating.

I am so excited for this set.

Dom America

Okay, the ball is finally rolling. Unfortunately it turns out that a lot of the old Ultra fliers I have appear to be fanmade so they will not be included in the booklet, but there will be a few as well as lyrics for the three proper albums and select tracks from 'Roman Holiday', as well as some background information to the recording sessions. All I am waiting on now is the booklet layout and a few photos for the disc covers, hoping for a late summer release. The packaging will be mini-LP style sleeves that slide into a sideloader box, similar to the Coil 'Ape of Naples' LP box (but smaller of course). No final price yet but will probably be in the $18-$20 range.

"Ultra 'Delirious Elaborations 1987-1997' 4-CD box (DOM US 22)

Contains 'Youthful Pleasures', 'Zoll', 'Spray/Death/Ultra' and 'Roman Holiday' (13 track edition). Collects all of the recorded output of the 'classic' Ultra lineup of St Degeneratus, Herr Mucke and Dr Tengelmann (Jon Carlson, Achim Flaam, and Christoph Heemann) along with lyrics, artwork and liner notes. "

Thanks to The Rita and Wertham for their assistance in obtaining some of the photos we will be using.

andy vomit

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Azoikum

dmkerr

When you release it, put me down for a copy!  Sounds great!

Azoikum

Any news on this release ? He was talking about a possible late summer release, that's quite a while ago......

icepick method

Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com

Dom America

Summer 2014. Working on it this week actually. I appreciate everyone's interest and patience.

expectorant

Excellent news! Already have the LP's, so I'm especially excited about the booklet. Having copies of this stuff on CD will be definitely be nice and handy. Such an incredible band. These works need to be preserved.