PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConcreteMascara

V/A - Svenska Dokument 3xcassette - I've only listened to the 3rd tape with Orquere and Krokta Rum but I really enjoyed it. Good to hear more from Krokta Rum. Very much in line with the LP earlier this year. As for the Orquere side, I liked this material much more than the stuff on the Foundations CD. For some reason that one didn't grab me so much but here I was instantly hooked.

Listening to older STROM.ec material too. A power electronics group that really knows how to make proper albums!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

m.

Caligula031 "Domino" - great! both music and artwork/packaging
En Nihil/Gnawed "Fall of humanity" - liked the En Nihil tracks a lot
Cranioclast "Koitlaransk" lp
Cranioclast "Lost in karak" lp
Dieter Muh "Tertium organum" lp

Levas

Hedonic Serge ‎– Somatoscopy: Mode Of Male Pleasure Had to find Mikko's opinion about the whole batch to check how he rated these. Hedonic Serge for me was the weakest of the whole batch. B side was a little more interesting, A side was basically feedback and delay. It's good for some time, but overall not amazed.

Tongue Knax ‎– Maxim For Subjugation
- better, with more things happening. Quite good harsh noise. And yes, resemblance between these two is unavoidable.

Graustich - Dedicated to those... - after the first spin I somehow was quite lost - why people were praising it. But after the second one it got into the mood. Good record

Bizarre Uproar - Rape Africa - rechecked it on different format and that's for sure Pasi's most solid album

Sick Seed - Live + 1
Good album, good delivery, good sound.

Arv & Miljo - Ungdomsband ah, what a great record. The one I most enjoyed this evening.

Positive Adjustments - Focus - good sounds! This is some new project, but its records' nice and dark atmoshpere catches me.

Bestializer - Atavistic Aggression - enjoyed

Urinals - II
- not that much

Filthy Turd - Bile Enema - disappointed / didn't understand.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

The last arrivals, mainly VHS and DVD releases:

COUM TRANSMISSIONS / THROBBING GRISTLE "After Cease to Exit" (VHS) - first time seen. I looked for this movie many years, and  I'm not disappointed. Very realistic and impressive scene with castration, fragments of TG (members with swastikas) concert in lyceum (?). Not perfect, but enough good quality of this copy.

COSEY FANNI TUTTI  "an incredible video" (VHS) - fragments of her performances from 1983. Nice but not so good as I imagined before. Good quality.

MISSING FOUNDATION  "qe2 albany" (VHS) - fucking awesome 27 minutes of their concert, probably from 1989. SWANS were/are preschools in connection with them. Good quality.

HIJOKAIDAN "a story of the king of noise" (DVD) - the next total destroying show (performances from 1981/1989). Noise in pure form. Madness, sickness and total chaos. I love them! Good quality.

SUTCLIFFE JUGEND "Studio action 1" (VHS) - The first studio sessions. 43 minutes!  Great classic! It would be the better if there wasn't use colour effects. Not perfect quality but enough to enjoy of this movie.

Mikerdeath

Grunt - World Draped In Camouflage LP

Grunt - Decadence Of Flesh DVD

First Listens.

Lust

Insect Warfare - World Extermination
Death Toll 80k - Harsh Realities

in grind we crust

bitewerksMTB

Deterge/Skin Graft split LP- SG side is excellant so def need to check more of his work out. Deterge is good but I like his work with heavily processed vocals much more. I received the 'bandage' version which is nothing but a sleeve wrapped in duct tape. Nice inserts but wish something more had been done to the sleeve.

Con-Dom "acts of faith" 3" cd- yesterday was the day that Marc Lepine shot a bunch of fucking feminists in Montreal Canada

RyanWreck

Quote from: Peterson on December 06, 2012, 09:47:28 PM
Libertinage "Quick Cum" C??
  I like this but it doesn't hold up to most Mania or Taint. I really like the approach of feedback on this one, nice frequencies, nice little warps and twists. I guess if you are really into the piercing high end like I am then this would be unavoidable.

Total old-school vibe on this tape, Male Rape Group, Lyoto Music, early Sutcliffe and New Sadism can all be heard on this one tape. It's seriously some of his best material in my opinion and I wish he would have made that project last a little longer.

murderous_vision

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 07, 2012, 09:35:37 PM
Deterge/Skin Graft split LP- SG side is excellant so def need to check more of his work out. Deterge is good but I like his work with heavily processed vocals much more. I received the 'bandage' version which is nothing but a sleeve wrapped in duct tape. Nice inserts but wish something more had been done to the sleeve.

Con-Dom "acts of faith" 3" cd- yesterday was the day that Marc Lepine shot a bunch of fucking feminists in Montreal Canada

Skin Graft is an amazing scum industrial project that never disappoints....

Zeno Marx

Ash Ra Tempel -Bruxelles - Planetarium 18.10.1977
Ash Ra Tempel 06.12.1974 Paris Salle Wagram
Ashra 24.08.1985 Sheffield (UK) Ars Electronica
Ashra - Berlin - Planetarium 04.06.1988
Ashra / Ash Ra Tempel - Angers - Cinema l`Elysee 18.11.1977

Someone at the Dime tracker broke out some rare recordings.  I was always a fan, but the more I hear, the more I am.  One of the bands that would make a time machine list.  I bet that '74 Paris show above was incredible, because the music sure is.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

RyanWreck

Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on December 06, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

SUTCLIFFE JUGEND "Studio action 1" (VHS) - The first studio sessions. 43 minutes!  Great classic! It would be the better if there wasn't use colour effects. Not perfect quality but enough to enjoy of this movie.

Is this the entire ULTRA II tape (wdc886002) or just that section? I want those so fucking bad.

Is there a COME ORG thread somewhere? I swore there was but I can't find it using the search function. Damn.

Andrew McIntosh

The Splinter Orchestra's self titled album has been on repeat around here.

Orchestra improvisation. A bit more info here.
Shikata ga nai.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 08, 2012, 04:04:43 AM
Quote from: ImpulsyStetoskopu on December 06, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

Is this the entire ULTRA II tape (wdc886002) or just that section? I want those so fucking bad.

Is there a COME ORG thread somewhere? I swore there was but I can't find it using the search function. Damn.

I have only the section, unfortunately.

ConcreteMascara

Roly Porter - Aftertime CD - I don't know how I missed the boat on this year but wow. Neo-classical meets glitch meets harsh noise. The album benefits hugely by having actual recorded instruments, not just software strings. And also all the track titles are planets from the Dune universe, which is just going to make anything better. Even at its harshest it's quite beautiful. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Drumm and Russell Haswell at times.

Emptyset - Demiurge CD - same label and similar style as Roly Porter, but no neo-classical element. It's as if Alva Noto had a child with Converter. Very digital, very crisp and brutal speaker work out.

and I've been listening to IFOTS - Tears Royal LP again lately. Listening to my favorite noise and related releases this year trying to come up with some kind of top ten. Hearing this LP again, I'm reminded of how much I enjoyed it the first few spins I gave it on my turntable. Definitely my favorite power electronics release of the year.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

NEHPF

GX Jupitter-Larsen ‎– Big Time Crash Bang 2008 lp
Absolutely fucking GREAT.

DDT Jazz Band - Original Heidelberg Blues/Sipulit 7"
A side is simple piano blues backed with sounds of printing press, works as a curiosity. B side is nice dixieland jazz. 1970 and co-released by Painomestarit Oy and Love Records.