PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

That is because it's not the original version. There are at least 3 different types of era.
Original time, when RRR was located in paige street. When he moved to central street, the address printed in those cardboardsleeves was obviously old. Then he started to glue artwork on top of that old cardboard cover. Often xeroxing over some random papers (incl. sex mags) and glueing it on top of cardboard in a way that it becomes completely sealed. You needed to cut open the "seal" to access cd.
Then at some point he abandoned the cardboard/gluejob thing alltogether, and now the ongoing method has been just some xeroxes in plastic sleeve.

Some of the very early discs included additional info inserts. I have Ramleh discs with such and I think also one Emil Beaulieau. Some of the discs has been released with alternative packaging by the bands themselves. Söldnergeist has good german version. MSBR obviously, Sudden Infant, etc.. 
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

And, I must add, "Ne plus ultra" is certainly musically the best works of Deathpile. Vocals are very deeply buried, but textures and attention to detail of sound is much deeper than in most other Deathpile releases. If he would have had noise as good as this, combined to vocal power of GR... it could have been his absolute best.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Mikerdeath

I listen to Deathpile quite often.
I would really like to hear     

Agonize Humiliate Destroy tape on Slaughter Prod. If any one is interested in a simple tape trade for music exchange, please PM.

I would say that at least the Dedicated to Edmund Emil Kemper 7" holds a candle to, Ne Plus Ultra.

For me personally, the project is a pleasure to hear no matter what the release, it's on its own level even for stripped down power electronics.

ARKHE

Quote from: Black_Angkar on February 01, 2013, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: ARKHE on April 28, 2011, 09:24:21 PM

SPK - Meat Processing Section. How could I have missed this for all these years? Amazing songs.

appearantly the song Mekano is the basis for the Cortex song "Jesus i Betong" which i'm sure you are familiar with.

I am not and how the hell did you manage to dig up that thread entry?

np:
SHIFT - Abandon
WEREWOLF JERUSALEM - Premonition Tape
HAARE - Lysergic Trepanation
GELSOMINA - Filmland Deprivation
perfect when the upstairs neighbor blasts shit music

acsenger

The New Blockaders - Gesamtnichtswerk: 20th Antiversary Antiology (1982-2002) (4CD, Hypnagogia, 2003)

Essential box set, including classic early stuff and material from 2002. The latter pieces are very organic, it's an absolute pleasure listening to them. I was listening to this on headphones (and a little asleep) and the live tack from 1984 on disc 2 was really painful with its high frequencies. Great box set!

Giancarlo Toniutti - La Mutazione (CD, Klanggalerie, 2009)

Reissue of LP on Broken Flag from 1985. Very austere, quite minimal and dark. Great listening.

Giancarlo Toniutti - Ura Itam Taala' Momojmuj Löwajamuj Cooconaja (Remember How During The Summer We Sucked The Löwa Of The Womenfolk) (3" CD, Ferns Recordings, 2007)

Aside from the pretentious title, this is a nice if a little boring sound art piece. I think Toniutti recorded the sound of a bell on a hilltop among other things as the sound source -not that you could tell from the music.

Kapotte Muziek  - Egg (CDR, Lunhare, 2009)

Collects the first 3 Kapotte Muziek tapes, from 1985/86. I didn't much care for this CD: while it's interesting from an archival point of view and as a document of 80s home taper cassette culture, it's not very enjoyable. There are speech and music samples mixed with simple noise & feedback, but mostly it's crude and simple electronic experimentation. It sounds like the work of someone who's intrigued by the possibilities of his gear at home but hasn't mastered it yet to make good music.

online prowler

Quote from: Black_Angkar on February 01, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
Quote from: online prowler on January 30, 2013, 03:19:10 AM

Black Devil - Disco Club
(RCA, 1978) PE relevant hooks.

This is fantastic record. I have been listening for this for a couple of years since a friend introduced during very intoxicated circumstances. It's strange, weird and absolutely great. Disco above anything else ever made. Or something like that.

A friend just introduced me to this project. Got me totally off guard and ended up truly baffled. Must sound amazing on a huge sound system and w a lot of substance inboards.  

AM NOT -  First Morbid Vibrations.
CS, 2012. Unrest Productions. More craftsmanship from Unrest. Highly successful meltdown of industrial and PE. Skilled vox and compositions. Looking forward to hear more from this outfit.

https://soundcloud.com/unrest-productions/am-not-01-first-morbid   

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 02, 2013, 10:06:08 AM
And, I must add, "Ne plus ultra" is certainly musically the best works of Deathpile. Vocals are very deeply buried, but textures and attention to detail of sound is much deeper than in most other Deathpile releases. If he would have had noise as good as this, combined to vocal power of GR... it could have been his absolute best.

I think "Back on the Prowl" is his best. "Ne plus Ultra", all I remember is static. "Back..." would be nice as a LP reissue.

Ashmonger

Nyodene D - Every Knee Shall Bow (CD, Assembly of Hatred): This is VERY good! Bleak, ominous, I really like this a lot. Great sounds, good vocals, interesting lyrics. Not much more to say, except for the fact that I'll have to get Edenfall as well.

Death Jenk (CD, Phage Tapes): Heard one of the tracks online and really liked this, so I got the CD. But I somehow feel a bit disappointed. There's some sounds I'm not too fond of, for example some of the feedback doesn't sound good to me. A lot of it is going on at the same time, which seems normal since it's 5 people, but I seem to miss some focus.

Steel Hook Prostheses - Live & Unanesthetized (C50, Disease Foundry Recordings): 6 live tracks on tape. Nice, typical cover artwork. Comes in a specimen bag, which seems fitting for SHP and with a patch. The patch has a steel hook on it and SHP, so very fitting, but the design isn't really aesthetically pleasing, I'm afraid. As for the music itself, well, this is for people who are very fond of SHP, like myself. Again, this might not be their best work, but definately pleasing for me.

Levas

Urine Cop - Stay smoke stay stone nice harsh noise. One sided.

Shattered Hymen - Gash Worship also good harsh noise tape.

Machismo / Magia Nuda Good Pe

Crown of Cerberus / Ashley C I liked CoC side more.

Opus Magorum - The cult of the serpent some bad metal demo I've got for 1 euro

Plastic Boner Band - Cherubinic Wanderer I wish this tape would've been at least twice shorter. Then it would be good.

Streetmeat - Nails - Don't remember much of this project, but this is a solid tape. Enjoyable pe

Hate Basement - Pathetic - Truly the best from this pile. Very nicely done pe

Damno Te - Sabi
- Not excited about this.

Rectal Hygienic - Even the flies won't touch you - I was surprised by what I've heard. Good.

MSHING - Interfering with a corpse very good harsh noise.

Vilgoc / Sleep Column Walls. Nothing fancy. Nice cover.

Filth - Beyond five senses - also it would be better if it would've been shorter.

Plague Mother - Carve - Great

Winters in Osaka / The Communion - Weird split, but both sides were rather decent.

Crown of Bone / Burial Ground - Hellraiser: a tribute don't remember

Mikerdeath

Dominator - II (CD)

Excellent under the radar first wave power electronics. Beyond that, this actually impresses me.

Andrew McIntosh

I recall hearing some Dominator and marking it as a heavier kind of Whitehouse. Thought it was hard to track down but a quick look at Discogs disabused me of that.
Shikata ga nai.

P-K

Dominator is great, very VERY Whitehouse-like but imho way more synth-heavy. Al the clichés are there but it just sounds sooo gooood :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdWz0lBeeg
"II" is the best imho...

bitewerksMTB

Trepaneringsritualen- Ritualer, Blot & Botgoring LP
Blodvite - Dekonstruktioner LP

both are pretty good esp. the side with 3 tracks on the Blodvite LP.

andy vomit

RITUAL NECROMANCY - oath of the abyss
HARASSOR & ADAM REHMEIER - "THE BUNNY GAME" OST
DEATH SQUAD - messiah
DEATH SQUAD - radium
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Ashmonger

Quote from: andy vomit on February 05, 2013, 08:50:01 PMRITUAL NECROMANCY - oath of the abyss
Pretty good stuff, but not the best of the newer DM bands.

I really should start listening to the Bestial Forces comp. Took me months to get it, now it's been laying here for a couple of weeks. Going to take me months to get through it a couple of times, haha.