PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 07, 2013, 09:53:22 PM
^That particular track didn't really impress me. I must admit that I don't know Goatmoon's previous works that well but at least the tracks I've heard from YT are better than "Varjot" and the new track. Not as "professional" as the latest works but really solid BM.

In the link included there is a selection of trax from the upcoming album. Maybe you didn't get passed the first ruttle? Apart from that one I think it is interesting. Varjot is ok in my book. Personal favs are Death before dishonour and Finnish steel storm.

Vincent Gallo
"Recordings Of Music For Film"
Warp records, 2002, 2x12".

Street Drinkers
"Dead secrets"
Posh isolation, 2012, 12".

Pink Floyd
"Dark side of the moon"
EMI, 1973, 12".

Mikerdeath

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 07, 2013, 01:00:46 PM
Prurient "stun gun" 7"
Brilliant single!! Including heavy as fuck deep synth assistance from Alberich. Extreme vocals, lots of distortion, leaning more to power electronics than his melodic direction.

Been jamming this quite a lot lately. Quite effective for a 7" release.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: online prowler on March 08, 2013, 01:01:53 AM
Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 07, 2013, 09:53:22 PM
^That particular track didn't really impress me. I must admit that I don't know Goatmoon's previous works that well but at least the tracks I've heard from YT are better than "Varjot" and the new track. Not as "professional" as the latest works but really solid BM.

In the link included there is a selection of trax from the upcoming album. Maybe you didn't get passed the first ruttle? Apart from that one I think it is interesting. Varjot is ok in my book. Personal favs are Death before dishonour and Finnish steel storm.

Oh shit, are you serious? I though it was just one track, but then again, I skipped some parts, so... Anyway, the first part sounds like a nice folk (of which I don't care anymore) track, 1:45-till the vocals kick in = Graveland, and forward pretty basic stuff.

Pink Floyd
"Dark side of the moon"
EMI, 1973, 12".

Great album by the way!!

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on March 08, 2013, 06:25:22 AM^That particular track didn't really impress me. I must admit that I don't know Goatmoon's previous works that well but at least the tracks I've heard from YT are better than "Varjot" and the new track. Not as "professional" as the latest works but really solid BM.

I like the "professionalism." A little paradoxically I think it makes Goatmoon even more demented...

FreakAnimalFinland

I guess this recording is not really full album, but couple metal tracks and acoustic interpretations of old tracks. Cleaner and more massive sound than ever before? I'm big fan of that very rarely used "Graveland drumming". I guess it is true that out of all drummers of Goatmoon, mr. Blackgoat himself is the best. Heard the tracks before already in raw-mix stages..

SLOGUN "I will bury you" LP
fuck! I think I have kept repeating that Slogun has been improving once again - with just about every release that comes out. And I need to say that again. And this time even more so than before! 14 songs on one LP. Heavy on the vocal department as usual. There are couple tracks that have simply too loud vocals, that bury anything that song has as noise piece. But, as soon as some sensible balance of vocal vs. noise is found, it includes some of the very best Slogun tracks of... all times? Well, with such a long distance and vast discography it is bold thing to say, but there is diversity and now also charming lo-fi/crudeness what often lacked in digital era of Slogun. "Bonus track" is piece of his SELF project. Musically not far from Slogun. Simply missing the loud in your face vocals. Such tracks would be great to include throughout the album.

ALTAR OF FLIES "Female" LP
Uuuhh! Peripheral has really hit the motherload of good releases. Altar Of Flies get pretty aggressive noise this time. It is not far from what he does, but perhaps notch more towards raw tape-decayed "postmortem" sound? Essential purchase!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Lust

In my eyes and ears Goatmoon just keep getting better and better with good production, Varjot was a massive album which I think will be a classic album after 20 or so years, a real gem withon Finnish black metal. Never understood the huge praises FSS got back in the day, I think it's kinda sorta a inbetween album, not raw enough, not good sounding enough. Still a great album though.

Paradoxically I still think that Goatmoon are best live when it's not a massive "big band" line up but three or four drunk as fuck guys playing totally pitkin vittua, like in Pori few years ago, hah.

pentd

cant get enough of this:

http://www.discogs.com/Thanos-Chrysakis-%CE%9C%CE%91%CE%93%CE%9C%CE%91-MAGMA/release/3284886

thanos chrysakis "magma" -- very active and restless elektroakustix, one long track.... wow

yosef666

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 07, 2013, 01:00:46 PMReverse Baptism "Street Business" LP
Damn! I thought it could be good, but also had my doubts whether the "later days whitehouse worship with female singers" will work for full album, but it does! Especially B-side starts to great and keep going with sexy and rough force!
Huh. Omar sent this to me free in an order that had been a bit delayed (along with a couple of other releases, because he is a true gentleman), but I still haven't listened to it. Now this is getting moved to the top of my "to-listen" pile.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

andy vomit

Vincent Gallo

i was unaware of this...  listening on spotify now.  good stuff, thanks!

Quote from: Brad on March 08, 2013, 09:59:29 AM
Quote from: Levas on March 06, 2013, 12:06:27 PM
RxAxPxEx - of my own free will - hm. is it good? don't know. Decent album, but that's it. The first track I think was great. Others were too long and too monotonous. not impressed

I just got this CD yesterday, and I enjoyed it.  On the monotonous second track I was thinking I would agree with you, but tracks 3 and 4 really redeemed it for me.

How is RxAxPxE supposed to be pronounced, and is it an acronym of anything?

pretty sure it's just pronounced RAPE.  
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

ConcreteMascara

I hated that Vincent Gallo LP when it came out. Maybe its time for a re-listen.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

online prowler

Quote from: andy vomit on March 08, 2013, 05:19:54 PM

Vincent Gallo

I think you can find the dbl vinyl on discogs for an ok price. Heavy duty release. Discs weighs a ton. Must at least be 225 - 250 grm vinyls.

On another note: SOUND ART ARCHIVE: http://soundartarchive.net/#.UTogQRnKqRI.facebook

Ritual

Dajjal "Ur" tape
I really like this project. The previous two tapes on Cathartic Process are brilliant and this one is too. A bit less harsh, but very well composed industrial noise.

Hollow Bush "Phase IV" tape
Delerious, swirling synth noise with some harsher components added. Rodger Stella project. Quite good.

Parijna "The Age Of Scentless Imperilment" tape
Atmospheric, droney stuff from Japan. A bit on the noisy side, but far from being harsh. Great stuff to get drunk to.

Lebensfaden "Desnos" tape
Moody synth stuff. Very good!

Jaakko V.

Iannis Xenakis - Cendrées - Jonchaies - Nomos Gamma, LP (Erato)
Turbulent and roaring choral and orchestral compositions. Simply excellent.

http://www.discogs.com/Iannis-Xenakis-Cendrées-Jonchaies-Nomos-Gamma/release/1816833

Tlaotlon - Mad Idem! / Oudimma, 7" (Vauva)
Hallucinatory and multicoloured toy-like electronics. Goofy stuff, and very nice also. Got to check out the rest of the Tlaotlon stuff...

http://vauva.bandcamp.com/album/vauva-12

Scat-O-Logy

Currently listening "Void Chaos And Cum" by Fecalove through Crucial Blast's bandcamp page and I'm surprised how good it sounds. I have never heard anything by Fecalove so I had no idea what to expect. Couple pics of the package looks really nice as well. Not really into CD format but I might have to grab this one and maybe some other Fecalove recordings as well.

evil_scientist

I'm listening to Pussy Galore's "Groovy Hate Fuck" and Ramleh's "Blowhole" and some more of their 'noise rock' works.