PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impulse manslaughter

Monde Bruits - Selected Noise works cd
Pedestrian Deposit- Volatile cd

eyestrain

Lettera 22 Physical Point (Holiday Records): More in the vein of Dieter Tapes and Lack Of Attention - discomforting electro-acoustic noise. This may be the most enjoyable release from the 22 yet. Can't say for sure, cause tomorrow I might love their harsh noise more. Frustratingly a single-sided LP, but at least its just around 20 minutes and not 12 at 45rpm. Packaging is über-minimalistic in a titillating sorta way; one shadowed creeper on the front and one shadowed stripper on the bed on the interior. Always nice stuff from Holiday.

Ødelegger/Hekate Split (Deathstrike): Ødelegger throwing out big surprises here - Ildjarn worship. Loved it. Hekate..."Midnight Satan Worship"...pass.

Tommi Keränen/Lettera 22 Quicksilver Logic/Ekati (Second Sleep): No really, I cannot stop playing this 7". Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

V/A Greek Rhapsody: Instrumental Music From Greece 1905-1956 (Dust-To-Digital): Use your imagination... Another killer collection from this incredible label. Sorrow Come Pass Me Around has been getting a hell of a lot of repeats over the last few months as well. Might I also mention, Near Eastern music without all the fauxccult nonsense that is all the rage in modern black/death metal is triple satisfying. Comes with the obligatory massive book photos & notes like most of all Dust-Digital publications.

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on August 28, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

This album blows my mind.

Vigilante Ecstasy

Quote from: RyanWreck on August 28, 2013, 07:17:45 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 28, 2013, 06:32:05 AM
in this context more like shouting someone "fucking cuntface"

Thanks. The guy who said it is a "Finland Swede", and here is the entire quote, if it changes anything :

- in response to someone fucking up code that this guy worked very hard on...
"So it's doubly crap: it's *wrong*, and it didn't actually fix anything to begin with. There aren't enough swear-words in the English language, so now I'll have to call you perkeleen vittupää just to express my disgust and frustration with this crap."

Linus Torvalds! :) "Fucking cunthead" would be very close translation. Finnish swearwords are awesome.
I'm tensed up/To watch the sex film

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: eyestrain on August 28, 2013, 10:58:48 PM

Have you heard the other stuff? I think Selected Noise Works was disappointment for me after so strong tapes... Not bad, but I think basically all his other work is better?!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

eyestrain

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on August 29, 2013, 07:50:37 AM

Have you heard the other stuff? I think Selected Noise Works was disappointment for me after so strong tapes... Not bad, but I think basically all his other work is better?!

Have not had the good fortune to hear anything else yet. That's an encouraging thing to hear as I already love these works.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: eyestrain on August 29, 2013, 08:11:23 AM

Have not had the good fortune to hear anything else yet. That's an encouraging thing to hear as I already love these works.
I can supply these if anyone would like:
Monde Bruits - Portuguese Man of War 1991 192
Monde Bruits - Psychosomatic Performance 1993 320
Monde Bruits - Purgatory 1992 320
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

The same impressions. Besides of cassettes (which are very good, maybe excluding "Psychosomatic Performance", a liitle bit worse) I have "Monde Bruits" CD on Alchemy from 1999 and this release isn't good too.

FreakAnimalFinland

Psychosomatic Performance is merely two live gigs and sound quality of '91 harsh noise live is pretty thin. Those two other tapes definitely highlights.  CD on Alchemy is good for collecting diverse styles of him, but none of it match the strength of noise tapes.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

dmkerr

The Gerogerigegege - Yellow Trash Bazooka

The Incapacitants - Repo (can't seem to get this one out of my system!)

couple of discs from the My Cat is An Alien - Alienology

And on the LP spinner, the California comp boxset.

online prowler

Playing Streicher's War without end this evening. Looking forward to the the CS split w :M:. Thanx for the heads up Mikko.

burdizzo

After many years, I've just dug out the 'Adventures in Modern Electronics' comp. CD (on Pinch a Loaf) to listen to Smell and Quim's "Non-Stop Robotic Stress Relief". I must confess to having become quite a fan of S & Q back in the day because of this track, and it still hits the spot. Over eight minutes of repetitive pulse, urgent bleeping, and noise spew - bullseye!

eyestrain

Quote from: online prowler on September 01, 2013, 11:49:03 PM

!!!!!!!!!!! (Edit: just realized this is a C-10...get fucked. 5 nihilistic minutes, then back to your strawberry bon-bons.)

Fighting a blood infection the last few days, so nothing but mellow...

Alio Dei The Flight Of Real Image (Hic Sunt Leones/Faria): Favorite of the mentioned works in the drone thread. Calming, yet active and engaging.

Yen Pox Blood Music (Malignant): Surprisingly enjoyable dark-ambient. A recent, and rare, favorite from the genre.

Also...

Raspberry Bulbs Deformed Worship (Blackest Ever Black/Personnel): First one I really loved by RB. No genre-tiptoeing, just straight gut-punch-punk. Love all the Tom G. Warrior-style "uuuuh"s at all the right moments.

eyestrain

Controlled Bleeding The Poisoner (Soleilmoon): Another gem mentioned in the drone thread. Cover art does justice to the sounds herein; ominous travels through a dusk bog. Lovely piece. Man, this band has worn so many masks there must be five six styles I haven't heard yet.

Black To Comm Alphabet 1968 (Type): And, more enjoyment from that thread. A track-by-track variety stew. I think it's supposed to be an ode to old Kraut sounds, but seems much too modern. That is not a bad thing though. Very nostalgic and soothing.

Kaevum Natur (Darker Than Black/Sabbath's Fire/Winter Solace): Took me some time to finally check this album out - a real whipper! Lots of addictive riffing and plenty of excellent repetition in that old black metal way. Nothing to surprise, but awesome.

Inquisition Everything...: Re-engaging with a band I've burnt out on over the years. With all the metal crybaby chat on NWN! it seemed high time to just enjoy the tunes. Still a killer band through and through. Can't wait to hear the new album. Played 88MM once again...still doesn't click at all.

Ashmonger

Ke/Hil - Hellstation (CD, Tesco): I don't think it still needs description. Listened to some of the tracks on youtube once in a while, but it took a long time for me to click. Glad I finally got this album. Great stuff, love the dreary atmosphere.

Custodian - Toil and Waste (CD, Syzmic Records): Rather cold harsh noise, basically higher pitched, with nice feedback and some great rythmic sounds. Half an hour, some tracks might have been a bit longer, but overall this is pretty good.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps (on Grooveshark, at work): Quite liked this, might want to get it. The only track which I didn't like is the one with the 'romantic' song, it sucks, hehe.

deathcamp

MORTUOR "I'm Waiting For You..." (CD, Syzmic) - Nothing new here I think, but solid compositions, deadly atmosphere from this non-prolific US PE project. Great listening!