PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko V.

Absu - Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L.
Endlessly, over and over again. All-time favourite from these masters.

Matthias

White Gold CD (Troniks)
No bullshit harsh noise: fast, intense and in your face. Nothing groundbreaking here whatsoever but very well done! Wiese/Blankenship duo, haven't listened to any of the LHD releases in a couple of years now so I really can't say how much this differs from that project, but probably not too much? Been missing this kind of stuff, some years ago it was easy to get your harsh fix but nowdays releases like this feels like rare occasions. Refreshing with stuff with a more crisp soundquality as well, in a era where it feels like everything is supposed to sound as filthy and "raw" as possible.

bitewerksMTB

REVEREND BIZARRE- in the rectory...; listening to songs on youtube always bored me so burned this d/l & dig'em quite a bit. still, most of their songs are a little too long.
SERPENT VENOM- carnal altar; UK doom. pretty good but nothing special.

FreakAnimalFinland

NEGATIVE. "electronic meditation in two acts" tape
swedish duo consisting Dan Johansson and Christoffer Johansson. For reason or another, I believe I have never seen or heard any releases of this Italian label. Looks/sounds good, though. They have also released Kristian Olsson stuff for example. Swedish Negative has very little in common with Finnish band with same name (perhaps handsome young lads?). This is basically something what could be filed under CCCC worship when it goes well.  Noise generator, Ms-10 and electronics. Two solid pieces of something what name of tape describes well. Cloud of quite high pitched and harsh electronics, which simply transform into CCCC'ish psychedelia. Noise is ambient?! 
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ARKHE

MARCONYMPHA - Super Oxide. Ljud & Bild Produktion.

Dense, morbid, monotonous, heavy as fucking hell, covered in rust, dust and smegma. How I want noise to sound. Complete lack of fidelity and clear sound. Lovely.

ARKHE

Found a FEBERDRÖM cd-r in my bag after this weekend at Nattmaran. Don't know how it wound up there, if it was given to me or I stole it or whatever. Title is "Förnimmelsen", 30 copies, hand-written cd-r. Four tracks, 40 minutes. Enjoyed it a lot, cold and dark what I'd call death industrial - slow and dreary sounds, no vocals, some synthesizers. Uneasy music (the song titles reflect a very dark bend). Should be released on tape, to cut of the ugly hi-fi edges; this needs to be even dirtier! Made me return to the recent tape on Järtecknet, "Att födas i dy för att gå under i lågor". More harsh signals, slower, more melodic. Almost dronelike. Pitch black. One of the better new Swedish projects.

Moving on to the "Elk" beer/tape released by HEINZ HOPF in ten copies. Sold out, and hopefully drunk by all buyers. Light lager, the cheapest 7,5% beer you can find in Sweden - about 1€ for 33cl - very neutral and soft sweet taste. http://www.systembolaget.se/Sok-dryck/Dryck/?searchquery=elk&sortfield=Default&sortdirection=Ascending&hitsoffset=0&page=1&searchview=All&varugrupp=%C3%96l&groupfiltersheader=Default&artikelId=402946&varuNr=1474&filters=searchquery%2cvarugrupp%2c&referringUrl=%2fSok-dryck%2f%3fsearchquery%3delk%26sortfield%3dDefault%26sortdirection%3dAscending%26hitsoffset%3d0%26page%3d1%26searchview%3dAll%26varugrupp%3d%25c3%2596l%26groupfiltersheader%3dDefault%26filters%3dsearchquery%252cvarugrupp%252c
The music was about as cheap; lo-fi scuzzy harsh noise with a lot of metal bashing. Could be just about anything. Artwork stolen from Macronympha. The empty bottle resides behind my Swednoise section. Lost the cap.

THE COPPER ROOF HOUSES, 4-way split with DAMIEN DUBROVNIK, LFY and BLODVITE from a recent tour. Good stuff. Very Copenhagen-meets-Gothenburgish. Moving on to ALTAR OF FLIES "Let new life rise in the face of death" on Sprachlos.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I forced myself off the Indochine trip of the last week and stuck on NOVEMBER NÖVELET - From Heaven on Earth CD. Shouldn't need too much of an introduction. Cold German electronic music with the occasional pop influence. Somewhere between Anenzephalia and John Foxx's Metamatic. Shouts for Joy is my favourite.

I have brand new and extremely unreleased RJF material at hand which is very interesting. It's Leif with contributions from Tommy Carlsson and Kristian Olsson. It's early days so I won't delve any deeper into it than to say that med en tjock hinna av folkhemsk osundhet!

SKIN AREA - Rothko Field CD. Of all the SA releases I have this is by far the best. I understand they spent a long time recording this and it shows. This is a very solid and homogeneous album. Much MUCH recommended!

Learning that there are still Swedes who aren't trawling the previously mentioned quagmire of indiefag noise/electronics has filled my heart with joy today. Like I said to a dearly beloved and much respected compatriot earlier: Har ar det kugghjulet som greppas, inte Terry Ericssons svullna indieollon.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Relistening some stuff I already owned for a while:

Bereft - Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh Aso's Gheibh Sibh Feoil (C20, Destructive Industries): very good industrial/power electronics. I remember that the first time I heard it, I didn't really like it, because little seems to happen. Which is true in a way, but not fair, while it is very repetitive, the tracks build up and become more intense, which is simply great.

Abnegate - Vassalage (C20, Danvers State Recordings): power electronics with female vocals. I really like these vocals and the noise itself is well done as well, filthy stuff. Anyone knows whether there's any more coming from this project?

Slaughter-Fetus - Exterminate All Life (C25, Danvers State Recordings): Wall Noise, a subgenre of which I don't know too much, but this tape is very good. There are parts in which there's not much happening, but I really like the sound of the distortion, sounds dirty, intertwined with parts where more is happening: feedback, samples of some news report and some old-sounding comedy show...

And new stuff:

White Heterosexuals - My Thesis/My Dissertation (7", Breathing Problem Productions) & I Left My Rape Kit In San Francisco (7", Breathing Problem Productions/Limbless Records): Heard their track on the Total Gape comp and I liked it. I also quite like their sense of humor in their titles. So, the music on these two 7"s is mostly some industrial noise, often rather minimal, with little distortion. Not exactly what I expected, but mostly quite enjoyable, however the vocals, which happily are rather sparse, are rather annoying... If I'm not mistaken they remind me a bit of the "Hey James" track from Discordance on the Phage Tapes 6xC10 box. While there's something sick in this kind of vocals, it seems a bit forced and over the top, which makes it less interesting. So, overall not bad, but could have been better with better vocals.

andy vomit

Quote from: Ashmonger on February 23, 2012, 10:31:28 AM
Relistening some stuff I already owned for a while:

Bereft - Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh Aso's Gheibh Sibh Feoil (C20, Destructive Industries): very good industrial/power electronics. I remember that the first time I heard it, I didn't really like it, because little seems to happen. Which is true in a way, but not fair, while it is very repetitive, the tracks build up and become more intense, which is simply great.

Abnegate - Vassalage (C20, Danvers State Recordings): power electronics with female vocals. I really like these vocals and the noise itself is well done as well, filthy stuff. Anyone knows whether there's any more coming from this project?

Slaughter-Fetus - Exterminate All Life (C25, Danvers State Recordings): Wall Noise, a subgenre of which I don't know too much, but this tape is very good. There are parts in which there's not much happening, but I really like the sound of the distortion, sounds dirty, intertwined with parts where more is happening: feedback, samples of some news report and some old-sounding comedy show...

looks like someone ordered a package from me, hahaha ... glad you dig the tapes.

ABNEGATE will be recording again soon.  not sure when, but another release is on the horizon. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Ashmonger

Quote from: andy vomit on February 23, 2012, 04:46:15 PM
looks like someone ordered a package from me, hahaha ... glad you dig the tapes.

ABNEGATE will be recording again soon.  not sure when, but another release is on the horizon.
As a matter of fact, I've ordered several times from you already, I tend to check out samples when you release new stuff, there's some interesting stuff on Danvers State Recordings.
Good to hear Abnegate will record again, looking forward to that!

ConcreteMascara

Blod - Red Light Companion (3xLP)
The reissue thread had me pulling this one out. One of my favorite Segerhuva releases. So pure.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

SKY BURIAL

Yello- One Second
Yello- Flag

FreakAnimalFinland

Been spinning punk vinyls mainly. Treblinka comp LP. 80's Finnish hc/punk, good stuff. I believe pretty unknown and irrelevant abroad, yet very nice. Kakkahätä 77 new LP. Band reached their "trademark" 77 punk into such pure diamond, I guess it would have been hard to move on without simply repeating what they have done.

From noise LETTERA 22 "lack of attention" CD very nice! Italian noise/field recordings type of thing in digipak. Same label who did Macronympha CD recently.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Nyodene D

lots of powerviolence and us hardcore (Column Of Heaven, SQRM, Hoax, Consent, Endless Blockade, etc) as of late.  Been listening to Tehni and Nest and other stuff a bit too.

Checked out the new Breathing Problem album today, was really impressed by it.  Aside from some minor things (vocal mix on a track or two being too prominent), its really awesome. http://breathingproblem.bandcamp.com for a pay-what-you-want download

P-K

DMDN-agonistes lp......plain oldschool industrial noise on vinyl. yeah.