PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

"LIBERTINAGE goes in timeline somewhere close where Taint project stopped, but Mania had already started. Thinking why exactly the 15+ minutes recording happened under another name, isn't totally clear to me..."

Spur of the moment idea led to a spur of the moment recording after flipping through 120 Days of Sodom.

I haven't listened to the reiss yet. The reason it happened was I accidently traded Lust Vessel's copy that I was suppose to be holding for him so I just gave him the master tape & art. Worked out well since I was able to get all of the 2nd batch of LV rel's without having to actually do anything.

Been listening to both 2LPs from NEGATIVE PLANE.

P-K

after Mannheim consuming shitloads of soundtracks, mainly Halloween II and III, especially III is amazing. thank you Death Waltz....

We Gave THem The Future And They Wanted The Past comp cassette
...simply GREAT comp with nothing sounding retro imho, Unrest proved his point with this one. not one shitty track, lots of replays expected but the next tape holds my deck hostage :

RL:ZZ 'shrine' cassette ....WTF. monstrous...rumbling low waves, fuzz, distortion, more fuzz, organic sound (did i hear an organ?)....not pe, to heavy for 'drone', certainly no 'dark ambient' .....vinyl-worthy material.

online prowler

Vangelis - Blade Runner soundtrack.

Simple and yet intricate compositions with rich details and a skilled craftmanship production. Vangelis successfully translates the films "physical space" and feel into an audial sphere. Still stands as a monument to this day.

Blush Response//
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOISBc7DTs

Levas

Concrete Mascara - Excess Takes its Toll - No wonder so many people were praising this tape. Visuals and sounds in it are top notch.

Exploding Mind ‎– Ex-Auge Gottes Kino - I'm not sure what's in this tape is so attractive, but the overall mood of these spoken words and electronics is something sinister and very very nice.

Deviated Sister TV ‎– Bestiae - a nice tape, but I think for me it wasn't the best material they've released.

Toilet Trades - Toilet Trades - great! just great! fantastic atmosphere. splashing water and weird melodies.

Elisha Morningstar - Empty life, Domestic bliss - the best tape I've had in my playlist this evening. Thick, rumbling and dynamic harsh noise. Best.

Nyctalops / Dr. Kinchev - split - and this one's the weakest one. It's not that bad - nyctalops - some noise generation manipulations, but got tired after a bit. dr.kinchev - more chaotic and slightly more interesting material, but overall ...

P-K

Quote from: online prowler on November 28, 2012, 11:00:18 PM
Vangelis - Blade Runner soundtrack. Still stands as a monument to this day

absolutely....could stand as an album on it's own. imho didn't age at all...

people, be shure to grab the Vangelis one, don't mind the other one : http://www.discogs.com/New-American-Orchestra-Blade-Runner/release/788916

GEWALTMONOPOL

Has anyone heard the new ANENZEPHALIA album yet? I've only heard it once (Stab's CD in the car on a good system and decent volume) and I'm still waiting for the distro copies. That said I reckon it may be the best one so far. Not only that, it's a huge leap forwards from an already mostly amazing catalogue.

That's my initial verdict. What do you people think?
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

P-K

KALTWELT is exactly what the title says....more pronounced synths, structures (rhythm!), strange sequenced stuff, vocals colder than ever, not one lesser track

very very good, can't say 'their best' because imho each album stands on it's own

bitewerksMTB

Listening to a d/l of DDV with ETAT BRUT:

http://archive.org/details/ClubMoralStocklist_002_DDV_bw_Etat_Brut

Excellant vers of "Eating Limbs"!

online prowler

P-K

Propergol : paradise land cd ......no more powerelectronics, this is evolving towards generic darkambient with Bad Sector-like 'idm' structures...one track even feels a bit "elektro"...... It's good, he knows how to produce sounds, but feels like a collection of tracks & not an album....just like the last gig, which was 90% based on this album.

Ashley Choke

Quote from: P-K on November 29, 2012, 01:55:58 AM
KALTWELT is exactly what the title says....more pronounced synths, structures (rhythm!), strange sequenced stuff, vocals colder than ever, not one lesser track

very very good, can't say 'their best' because imho each album stands on it's own

Very much looking forward to this. What was the live setup? Still MS-10/20 and backingtrack?

P-K

one ms20 & backing.....not shure what Klaus was doing all the time....

GEWALTMONOPOL

I may risk coming across as a howling fag but I think the superiority of Kaltwelt is in the production and composition.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Levas

Yesterday it was the evening of good tapes.

Hassokk - Betono Gniaužtai very nice material. And somehow this project and sounds are better for me than BC.

Untergeschoss - Compilation Vol. 1 truly strong compilation. I think there is no track that was not enjoyable. Great material by Umpio, Clay Figure, Funeral Mongoloids, SSRI, Unclean etc.

VA - We gave them the future and they wanted the past Somewhat different compilation than the one above - more PE oriented. Interesting new names, interesting sounds, but nevertheless after STAB I had a non stop erection for the whole time and it's worth checking this tape for this one track only. (ah, yesterday I was watching an episode of inspector Morse with the same title as STAB's track.)

RL:ZZ - Shrine the project I haven't heard about, but this tape is great. Something not that usual, but nice.

Chloroforom Rapist tape on Nil By Mouth. I've heard a tape of this project before that I didn't quite enjoy. But this one is great from the beginning to the end. And though it's said something about zero entertainment, but it was truly entertaining so I think this was a small white lie.

Libertinage - for genuine male persuasion
- nice tape. Mr. Mania manages to make such frequencies of feedbacks as no one else. At least I haven't heard any react to my ears and brains like that. It makes you feel rather uncomfortable but at the same time wondering.

ConcreteMascara

V/A - Untergeschoss Compilation Volume 1 (Cassette) - very enjoyable comp. I like the range of approaches to making weird, fucked up noise. Funeral Mongoloids, Penis Geyser and Anal Barbara's scum noise was particularly satisfying. SHIFT had a great closer, but I think overall the Budrus track was the greatest surprise. Definitely a project I want to hear more of.

Raime - Quarter Turns Over A Living Line (2xLP) - while Raime's initial releases still carried elements of dub music, the new album is much closer to dark ambient territory. I want to call it outsider dark ambient or something. The production is pretty rich and the introduction of acoustic instruments like the cello and guitar really add substance. The second half of the album is particularly strong and the tracks benefit in general from compact running times that keep things interesting.

Puce Mary - Rubber Therapy (Cassette) - really weird and really good.

Selbstmord - No Forgiveness! - I've only heard a couple tracks on jewtube but I want this badly. seems like the sound is not quite so sharp and thin this time around but it's always hard to tell on youtube.

[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512