PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiodissection

Brethren "Alienated And Radicalized" CD

Mother of god. I had big hopes for this new album but it simply blown them all away. If fact it is still better!! 7 years have passed from previous CD on FA and all the wait has been worth. It's surprising how he can stay always at the top of the game when he set such a high standards with previous releases. "Alienated and Radicalized" has to be his best work to date.
This is an example of highly COMPOSED Power Electronics. Tracks have the structure of real typical songs but do not be fooled by this...they are harsh and noisy as fuck. "Clear" and loud production enhance full frequency spectrum with an amazing bottom end. Vocals cuts ruthlessly into the mix, widely moving from brutal in-your-face assault where each word is clearly audible to more suffocated ones to fit better into some more morbid parts, to heavly distorted, to more "quiet"and reflexive...but always with that typical Brethren-style you can recognize among thousands, which i love. Electronics is a killer mix of industrial military rhythms, harsh tones, heavy percussive sounds, "nasal"synth, feedbacks, samples. All the elements established them togheter so naturally and sapiently that may be even disorientating at first listen!!
37 minutes are enough to blown away all the contenders. Highlights are the opening track "Revolutionary Spirit" which annihilates with his upfront vocals and great lyrics that was already impressed in my mind after just a few listenings. "Stabilizer Of Last Resort" is already a fucking classic. "Dawn Of Deception" is my favourite of entire album..it starts with a great manipulated sample..then a fast pulsating synth and percussive electronics cut-in suddenly coupled with most brutal processed vocals, yet clearly audible. IMPRESSIVE. I can't image the disaster which is created when this track played live...The CD couldn't ending better than with the track "Mine Alone". An heavy distorted bass destroy you like a meatgrinder and again, great vocals and structure.
I can't recall such an enthusiasm for a PE release since the time of Grunt "Seer Of Decay", which was 2006. These are the stuffs which keep my love levels so high.

audiodissection

Grunt "Dance For The Genocide" C60

I feel every new Grunt like a celebration so i couldn't be happier to see this C60 out. This tape recollects 2 live performances (Helsinki and London) with similar tracklist. Vanhala assistance (in both shows i believe??) adds a bit more of multilayered sound but without sounding like a collaboration or such. Sound is very thick and brutal with that amazing feeling that is always present in both Grunt studio or live stuffs. Great tape saturation add so much to the whole. Favourite part is side B with live at Broken Flag festival. That arena-thypus coming from audience explains it better than my words...

audiodissection

Mauthausen Orchestra "Bloodyminded" LP

Another gem of finest old Power Electronics finally makes available again on deluxe LP format. This is one of my favourite along with Anal Perversion and Host Sodomy so it's nice to see it done with such professionality by this great italian label.
Technical and detailed descriptions can be basically read a few pages back on FA review.

Caligula031 "Slavetrade2000" CD 

What a disappointment! I purchased the CD version after reading very good words around and after listened to a sound sample taken from the album that was promising. Sadly that was the only decent track on the whole release. There's really nothing i like about this work except the aftermentioned track (or better the vocal part). Sound is loud but not in a good way. To my ears it's simply recorded at max becoming flat and irritating with almost no details or punch. Samples are ridicolous but i don't think that was the intent.

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Peterson on October 16, 2012, 01:08:24 AM
Quote from: ConcreteMascara on October 10, 2012, 04:20:51 AM
Edward Artemyev* ‎– Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker - really enjoying this, although not The Mirror pieces as much. I'd say it veers towards new age muzak at times, but given the historical context I don't think that's accurate. The music certainly works well outside the context of the films, though it really just makes me want to watch them.

Same here. Was given CDR burned copies by a friend who's a big SF fan a week ago. I think the Solaris soundtrack is arguably the best soundtrack to any movie, with possible contenders being Apocalypse Now by Bob Moog or perhaps The Godfather pt. II (don't know the composer's name).

To anyone into Artemyev's music and particularly those movies (Stalker, Solaris), I'd definitely recommend this excellent compilation:

Electroshock Presents: Electroacoustic Music Volume IV: Archive Tapes Synthesizer ANS 1964 – 1971. (check out that link)

Talked about this already in the Russian experimental music thread...

Levas

Lasse Marhaug / Dan Johansson - Distort Orgasm - very nice harsh noise cd

Orquere - Foundations - enjoyed it even more than the distort orgasm. recommended

Brighter Death Now - Innerwar - since i got it from tesco, i had to listen to it just for the sake of listening. not bad, but is is some sort of masterpiece?

Merzbow - Dead zone - i was just reading things about new merzbow and never listened. but this is such a nice package and such a difficult thing to listen... bad.

Cathal Rodgers - The walls have ears - decent drone.

Outermost / cudl 2 / life as - harsh noise. there are nice places, but there are also parts where it's very annoying.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Levas on October 16, 2012, 10:26:20 AM

Brighter Death Now - Innerwar - since i got it from tesco, i had to listen to it just for the sake of listening. not bad, but is is some sort of masterpiece?

In my opinion this is Karmanik's the best release. If this project was called "important" in noise/industrial circle this item would be his main artistic manifest.

Levas

yeah. it might be. it's quite a long time since i listened to BDN so maybe that's why the reaction.

Now having a very difficult time listening to Thirdorgan / Phoresy split. from time to time i must switch to gigi d'agostino and see which one is more difficult to listen to. the split wins at the moment

bitewerksMTB

TEITANBLOOD woven black arteries mcd- best metal rel for the year
DEIGAL s/t(?) LP- swedish death metal that sounds very similiar to Angelcorpse but not as vicious
SVERIGE comp LP- what is it with swedes & excellant compilations?!?
GRAVE COMMAND pic comp LP- rel'd for Halloween by Unseen Forces with a mix of metal, Goblin-style synth music, & goth (I guess). I've
only listened to s1 with Ride for Revenge, Xander Harris, Xinr(sp?)... check www.theajnaoffensive.com for it. Nice Pushead-tyle artwork
BRETHREN alienated & radicalized cd- needs more listens but it's pretty good esp vocals with some really abrasive sounds

ConcreteMascara

Grunt - World Draped In A Camouflage CD - I thought when Petturien Rooli came out that it was an interesting step away from a more traditional PE approach. World Draped in a Camouflage is even more experimental at times, but then it has its moments that hearken back to older Grunt classics. I listened to it three times in a row last night and what strikes me about the album is that it really is a cohesive album. Petturien Rooli was as well, but careful dynamic narrative created by the track order really creates a cohesive whole. It's certainly a CD that needs to be listened to from beginning to end. And the track "Dance For The Genocide", pure class. Highly recommended.

I'm hoping to listen to the new Grunt and Pogrom tapes today, time permitting.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

FreakAnimalFinland

KRUKTA RUM "tankar & Syner del I" LP
fuck! I can't really be very specific why I consider this brilliant, since it has also kind of those qualities what are 1) easy 2) can be lame, but it simply effects my brain in very good ways. I can get pass the cheap vintage organs. I can get pass the guitars on b-side. And the rest is just brilliant delicate ruggedness. Especially the b-side part with the kind of malfunctioning sounding tape loops, uuhh.. could listen for ages.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Levas

OWL - Tapes 97-99 Didn't know what to expect so expected nothing and i was pleasantly surprised. good disc full with dark, murky sounds

Brethren - Alienated and Radicalized - Just perfect. Pure hate in strict sound structures.

7mon/tn666/sist en 343 Since I'm not the big noisecore fan, I enjoyed the last track by tn666 most. truly dense and pleasant noise.

Last Rape - Maimed left arm - nice harsh noise. beautiful cover.

black leather jesus - skuff - seems like a decent disc

valley of fear - i suppose they are famous or something like that. nothing too exciting though not very bad either

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Levas on October 18, 2012, 02:28:19 PM
OWL - Tapes 97-99 Didn't know what to expect so expected nothing and i was pleasantly surprised. good disc full with dark, murky sounds

Last track alone worth getting the album for. Raw murk.

Quote from: Levas on October 18, 2012, 02:28:19 PM
7mon/tn666/sist en 343 Since I'm not the big noisecore fan, I enjoyed the last track by tn666 most. truly dense and pleasant noise.

Damn, I'm just listening to that album for the first time right now (thank you Mr J-L). And yes, the last track by TN666 is the winner, although part one of "Euphonium" isn't so bad either. Everyone saves the best piece for last these days? That first track by Seven Minutes, though...total "look at me" wank.
Shikata ga nai.

Levas

Shameless Barbarians ‎– Pinkmilk - this is one awesome tape!!! just synths and tape manipulations i guess. just pure cosmos! very very nice!!!

P-K

MS30 : T.I.A.  2xlp
....korg ms20+ms10 abuse.....strong Pan Sonic vibe, no beats but pulse-sounds, throbbing analogues, white & pink noise.....not to far from some Anenzephalia imho : COLD

tiny_tove

Candor Chasma - Rings - CD OLD EUROPA CAFE
Excellent collaboration between Balestrazzi (TAC) and Altieri TH26 (Monosonik, Th26, etc.). Exprimental sounds that keep your attention from the beginning until the end, with chilling atmospheres without degenerating in pure ambient. One of my fave records for this 2012

Clinic of Torture - Live Sadism
Does what it says. Perfection in a disk and 5 pictures.
Nothing else to add.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0